FBI Name Check

My husband got the approval notice last week and then we got his card production notice this last Tues so looks like we finally get the greencard soon!:D

got emails , that welcome notice sent , 130 approval notice sent :D:D:D , i would like to thank all u guys who have helped me with tips and advice , if anyone who is new to the process needs and suggestion please do not hesitate to send me an email at arnab1978@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got the welcome notice mail and I-130 approval (for my husband) in mails yesterday. So much relief now. I cant just wait to see my GC :D.

Wrap in 1 week.

I got this email today morning:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Does that mean that my welcome notice is sent or my GC?? I also got the card production email on 2/28 before this one.

Thanks,
Neha

Neha,

I bet you will get both one quickly after the one next week.

Congratulations.

I got my card in the mail today. Thought I'd report the dates here (see my signature). It does not take long to get the card.

second interview?

Hi,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for a long time. I have also been stuck in a name check for a year, as many of you. :( I was so happy to hear about new memorandum from February this year, and I was anxiously waiting for the final approval of my GC.

Yesterday, I received a letter from immigration that requires from my husband and me to come to the office for the "application for adjustment of status". The letter also states that "This interview will be video taped". The documents that we need to bring to the interview include only passport and my I-94.

I would like to mention that we have already passed our first interview 10 months ago, and I have been approved for a GC, but we had to wait for a name check to be complete. The IO stamped my passport stating the case is pending.

I am concerned what this new interview may mean, especially the fact that it would be video taped? If anyone has similar experience or heard for a similar case, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for a long time. I have also been stuck in a name check for a year, as many of you. :( I was so happy to hear about new memorandum from February this year, and I was anxiously waiting for the final approval of my GC.

Yesterday, I received a letter from immigration that requires from my husband and me to come to the office for the "application for adjustment of status". The letter also states that "This interview will be video taped". The documents that we need to bring to the interview include only passport and my I-94.

I would like to mention that we have already passed our first interview 10 months ago, and I have been approved for a GC, but we had to wait for a name check to be complete. The IO stamped my passport stating the case is pending.

I am concerned what this new interview may mean, especially the fact that it would be video taped? If anyone has similar experience or heard for a similar case, please let me know.

Thanks

Probably they have scheduled a stoke's interview , make sure you carry all documents health insurance , bills , fotos proof of trips , auto insurance , financial statements , you and ur spouse will be question seperately and questions will be very personal , so make sure you guys give the same answers , good luck

second interview?

Thanks franticsky for your reply.

I was worried about this. I never heard that such letter was sent after the first successful interview.

If there is anyone who has similar situation or heard for someone with similar case, please let me know your or their experience.

Thanks

Good Luck All

Hi All,

I just found out about the memo a week ago. I have been stuck in this name check since November, 06. The memo stated that most people should hear from USCIS by March 10th. Unfortunately I am NOT one of those lucky ones. I have scheduled an Info Pass appointment for March 20th, I will go there with the Memo. I will also call USCIS customer service line first thing in the morning, I believe they will send a service request to my district office which takes 30 to 45 days for them to respond to the request. I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck and hope that everyone's name check nightmare will be over real soon.
I also have one question. My case is currently at the National Benefit Center. Does anyone know what the reason might be for that? Thank you and good luck all again!!!

Brunette1130:

Your timeline is a lot like my husbands. We recently received a letter scheduling a new fingerprint appt for tomorrow, and I just scheduled an Infopass Appt for the 24th.

His online update says that his case is at the NBC also, however at his last Infopass appt the IO said the case was actually at that local office. The last time his online update was actually updated however was November of 2006- when it finally updated to read that his fingerprint review was complete. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Hey brunette1130,
Which DO do you belong to? Our interview times were close to each other. Also, I thought that they let you open a Service Request only if your DO processing times have already passes your PD. Isnt that true?

Hi All,

I just found out about the memo a week ago. I have been stuck in this name check since November, 06. The memo stated that most people should hear from USCIS by March 10th. Unfortunately I am NOT one of those lucky ones. I have scheduled an Info Pass appointment for March 20th, I will go there with the Memo. I will also call USCIS customer service line first thing in the morning, I believe they will send a service request to my district office which takes 30 to 45 days for them to respond to the request. I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck and hope that everyone's name check nightmare will be over real soon.
I also have one question. My case is currently at the National Benefit Center. Does anyone know what the reason might be for that? Thank you and good luck all again!!!

I called to customer service ( disaster)! line this morning 2 times about the new memo. First rep, had no clue about the memo but she finally managed to find it on her database. Then She transfered me to an information officer, who advised me that I should make an info pass appointment. I called back the second time, the rep told me that I have to call back tomorrow so she can do a service request.
Has anyone called the customer service yet?

JLZ08: Thank you for your response. I am happy for you that you at least received something, It is a good sign. I feel like my case is someplace forgotten, because this is taking FOREVERRRR!!!!!

Hi SWAP81,
I had my interview at the Federal Plaza NYC, but then I moved to NJ. So now my DO is Newark. I don't know about the processing times. The rep asked me the date of when I filed my application, then she said they will do a service request.

Hey brunette1130,
Which DO do you belong to? Our interview times were close to each other. Also, I thought that they let you open a Service Request only if your DO processing times have already passes your PD. Isnt that true?

Hi brunette1130, thanks for your reply. There is often a delay when you move from one DO to another. This is why I am trying to avoid that. Did you take that into consideration?

Hi SWAP81,
I had my interview at the Federal Plaza NYC, but then I moved to NJ. So now my DO is Newark. I don't know about the processing times. The rep asked me the date of when I filed my application, then she said they will do a service request.

NC Pending still InfoPass tomorrow in Tampa

Hello guys:
I have been a silent reader for a whilst... I-485 filed March 2006 and stuck in Security BS Check. Didnt get anything this Magic March 10 date... and had a feeling that would happen so already got InfoPass (in Tampa) appointment last week for tomorrow morning.
Will update on what happens once I get back.
Dont have much hope though.
Will probably get stone-walled again.
I think it would be a great idea to start identifying IO's in each center and compiling a forum on their names and helpfullness.
i.e. something like this.
Service Office: Tampa
Date: March 11, 2007
Time: 8.00 am
Serviced by: Mr/Mrs. Joe Blow
Details: IO was rude/ignorant/helpful.

The idea is to identify those who actually know what they are doing in the various centers, and specifically ask for them when we go in. Putting in the date and time will help identify their work shift as well.

Tell me what you think.

Good luck to those who got approved.

aj.