FBI Name Check

thanks guys

Thanks guys for the wishes and advise that I have received from all here , if it were not for you guys who gave me advise , tips and help whenever i needed i wudnt have had a chance against this lazy system called uscis

waiting for the card now ....

March 10 is the date until which USCIS advises customers to wait before inquiring about status of their pending applications. It doesn't mean that their NC will be clear by that date although it could (because it was expedited or just been long time waiting) but it would not be because of the memo.
Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction but wanted to know if FBI gets the answer back by March 10 or Dept of HomeLand Security will make a final decision by march 10 or so??

My husband's interview at local DO in NJ (Mount Laurel) office was held in August 2007. The case was approved pending name check.

On 2/25, his online status changed saying 'Card production ordered'. Then on 2/28, online status changed again saying the same thing - 'Card production ordered'.

Questions:

1) Any idea why was there two updates with the same message?
2) We never received any welcome letter email or any real welcome letter. Is that ok?
3) usually how long does it take after the online status changes to 'Card production ordered'? For some, it says 30 days and for others, 60 days. But in reality, how soon have people received their cards in the mail after this online status update? We are travelling outside the country in next two weeks and wondering if anyone has any idea?

Thanks!

March 10 is the date until which USCIS advises customers to wait before inquiring about status of their pending applications. It doesn't mean that their NC will be clear by that date although it could (because it was expedited or just been long time waiting) but it would not be because of the memo.
How long will it take for USCIS to work through the cases affected by the policy change?
A9. USCIS has begun identifying cases affected by this policy modification in each field office and
service center. Each office will evaluate the pending cases and will adjust their workload accordingly.
USCIS anticipates the majority of the cases subject to this policy modification will be processed by mid-
March 2008. We recommend customers wait until March 10 before inquiring about their cases. This will
allow each office sufficient time to identify and adjudicate pending cases.

This says differently (http://imminfo.com/resources/namecheck.pdf)

It does say wait until March 10 before inquiring about status and by mid-March, USCIS would have processed eligible cases. The Name Check doesn't need to complete by these dates. It can continue in parallel and adjudication doesn't need to be held up just because NC has not been complete. Am I confusing you more?

How long will it take for USCIS to work through the cases affected by the policy change?
A9. USCIS has begun identifying cases affected by this policy modification in each field office and
service center. Each office will evaluate the pending cases and will adjust their workload accordingly.
USCIS anticipates the majority of the cases subject to this policy modification will be processed by mid-
March 2008. We recommend customers wait until March 10 before inquiring about their cases. This will
allow each office sufficient time to identify and adjudicate pending cases.

This says differently (http://imminfo.com/resources/namecheck.pdf)

My husband's interview at local DO in NJ (Mount Laurel) office was held in August 2007. The case was approved pending name check.

On 2/25, his online status changed saying 'Card production ordered'. Then on 2/28, online status changed again saying the same thing - 'Card production ordered'.

Questions:

1) Any idea why was there two updates with the same message?
2) We never received any welcome letter email or any real welcome letter. Is that ok?
3) usually how long does it take after the online status changes to 'Card production ordered'? For some, it says 30 days and for others, 60 days. But in reality, how soon have people received their cards in the mail after this online status update? We are travelling outside the country in next two weeks and wondering if anyone has any idea?

Thanks!

Hi Madhuri,

I have a similar timeline and on 2/28/2008, I got the same online update for I-485 card production ordered (updated 2 times). I am also wondering how long does it take after card production ordered for GC to arrive in mail.

Thanks,
Neha

i dont have any online updates

i dont have any online updates but the garden city office confirmed that my case is approved and later i called the officer who interviewed me and requested him if he can stamp my passport he said it wont be necessary and u will get the card in the mail soon

HI All. My priority date is June 25 2007 and my DO is New Yourk City. When I check the local processing times for my DO, it is saying that it is now processing 485 cases for May14th 2007. My question is, will I be eligible to be processes under the new name check memo by March 10th OR should my case first become current according to the processing time?
I would appreciate an answer. Especially by all the people who have been benefitting from the new Name check memo

Swap81

What do you mean 'Case getting Current'?

Spouses of citizens are immediate relatives ad have no waiting time. You will get a GC as soon as your NC clears. Call 1-800 number and speak to level 2, they should be able to sort it out.

Hi PunjabDaPuttar. When I call the 1800 number for USCIS, they tell me they cant open a Service Request since my case is outside the processing times(they are now processing cases upto May14th). I know that there is no limit on visa number availability.
I was just worried/wondering if this would affect my eligibility to be benefitted by the new name checck memo and prevent me from getting the card

What do you mean 'Case getting Current'?

Spouses of citizens are immediate relatives ad have no waiting time. You will get a GC as soon as your NC clears. Call 1-800 number and speak to level 2, they should be able to sort it out.

Swap81

You can call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283. Follow the prompts for Approved Case but not received notification. Then finally when you talk to Customer Service, tell them you need to speak to Level 2. Tell Level 2 about the situation and hopefully things will work. Thats the best you can do.

One more thing which may help is to send a letter to the Officer who interviewed you at DO OR if you do not remember the name send a letter to DO director mentioning the memo.

Creating SR seems to be an issue as NY DO is processing cases from May. Hopefully sending a letter to DO Director/Officer will help!
Wish you the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nehasharma,

You and my husband do have the same timelines. Our interview was held on Aug 24 as well. Let's keep each other informed as to when we receive our cards.

I don't know why there two online updates though? btw, did you get any 'welcome letter' email also? I am wondering if we can go and get the passport stamped based on this online update or would they need some kind of letter (like a welcome letter) to stamp the passport?

thanks

Oh the joys of the immigration system...

So we just got a letter today saying that DH has to go renew his fingerprints (again!) on 3/11. So... is this going to hold up his GC more? Our last update on the website is from 11/06 saying that his fingerprint review was complete and processing continued on his case. Infopass appts stated that the hold up was indeed the NC- which we were also told at our interview.

UGH!!!

Just a funny sidebar- for DH's job, he's had to have an FBI background check and was cleared by them to work... probably different from the NC but still...

I received a similar letter and had my fingerprints taken again on March 1st. I saw two other applicants who are in a similar position like me and you ( I-485 pending for more than 2 years ). It does look like USCIS is sending similar letters to everyone who FBI name check is pending for more than 2 years. Some of the people who got their GC in this forum have their application filed after us and thus did not need to give USCIS fingerprint again.

Is there anyone here who got GC and had been waiting for more than 2 years?

Anyway, jlz08 I will definitely call USCIS after March 10th ( given that I dont receive any more notification ). That is what I was told when I called USCIS in Mid February.

I got GC in about 2 weeks after card production order email

Hi Nehasharma,

You and my husband do have the same timelines. Our interview was held on Aug 24 as well. Let's keep each other informed as to when we receive our cards.

I don't know why there two online updates though? btw, did you get any 'welcome letter' email also? I am wondering if we can go and get the passport stamped based on this online update or would they need some kind of letter (like a welcome letter) to stamp the passport?

thanks

Madhuri and Neha,

The GC normally arrives in much less than the stated period in the email. Although I must caveat this by saying lately there have been quite a few approvals for GCs due to this new policy on namecheck.

I got my GC in January of 2008.

I got approved today at last :):):)
Got an email from CRIS but no online update yet.

ND 08/01/07
ID 10/25/07 (approved pending namecheck)
03/03/08 - Card production ordered :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
me too franticsky, no updates. This friday will be two weeks, since approval letter from DO. Have you gotten anything in the mail?