FBI Name Check

All, here is an update on my case...after almost 3-years, status on uscis website shows "card production ordered..."
Hope this is the end of the GC journey for me!
Needless to say, this has been a very helpful forum and thank you for everybody's help!
Wishing you all the very best!

ajJax, that is a good idea and will be very helpful for people down the road. Let us all know how your infopass goes. I am planning to make one myself. Best of luck.
Hello guys:
I have been a silent reader for a whilst... I-485 filed March 2006 and stuck in Security BS Check. Didnt get anything this Magic March 10 date... and had a feeling that would happen so already got InfoPass (in Tampa) appointment last week for tomorrow morning.
Will update on what happens once I get back.
Dont have much hope though.
Will probably get stone-walled again.
I think it would be a great idea to start identifying IO's in each center and compiling a forum on their names and helpfullness.
i.e. something like this.
Service Office: Tampa
Date: March 11, 2007
Time: 8.00 am
Serviced by: Mr/Mrs. Joe Blow
Details: IO was rude/ignorant/helpful.

The idea is to identify those who actually know what they are doing in the various centers, and specifically ask for them when we go in. Putting in the date and time will help identify their work shift as well.

Tell me what you think.

Good luck to those who got approved.

aj.

ajJax,
I can confirm that the Tampa Do is approving previously pending cases. I would write to your interviewing officer and request adjucation based on the new memo. Although, even after you get approved, there seems to be a new problem (at least at the Tampa DO) with our files. Apparently, there are so many people that got approved under the new memo, that they are just letting them pile up and not forwarding the files to the National Benefits center. Hence no card production, no welcome emails etc. But you do get approved locally and can get a stamp.

I got this info from a recent infopass. So after you do get approved, we'll have to rely on their "expeditiousness" to finally get the card. It almost seems like they want to hold onto the files, till the actual name check comes back, this is just my speculation.

Is anyone else facing this? I-485 approved, passport stamped, but no notification from the National Benefits Center etc. because local DO is just holding onto these files.

received welcome letter and 130 approval today

I received the welcome letter and 130 approval today , got another card prod email yesterday , hopefully the card will come soon

I had infopass today , unfortunately i had the same counter and IO i had talked to in my last Infopass 20 days back...

it went o n like this

me : i had AOS interview on January, the Interviwing officer told me at the end of the interview that my permananet residency is aproved pending FBI background check and new guidlines issued by USCIS says that cases pending more than 180 days in name check are being aproved...

IO : I dont think that is the issue,you may have heard him wrong ,your case is pedning (final?)decision

me : no sir, that is what he told me, you mean my background check is cleared

IO : cant say that

me: can you say when my background checks tarted atleast

IO : NO

me : what is the issue with my case

IO : told you, awaiting decision by IO...

END :::

Prakash

If your case is pending final decision that means ur name check is cleared and the officer is reviewing ur case and will approve the case soon , give it around 2-3 weeks u will definitely hear good news

Finally approved - many thanks to everyone on this forum. Wishing everyones' approval come in soon.

My timeline below
130/485/765/131 ND: June 2006
FP: July 2006
765 AD: August 2006
131 AD: September 2006
Interview: October 2006 (approved pending NC)
765 Renewal/FP/Approval: March, April, June 2007
FP2: Feb 2008
130 Approval Email: March 11, 2008 - 1:15 PM EST
485 Notice Registering Permanent Resident Email: March 11, 2008 - 1:15 PM EST

I thought I'd let everyone know I finally received the welcome notice from INS yesterday informing me that my Green Card has been approved. They said I should receive my card in 2-3 weeks time. Thank you everyone for the support and wishes :D I still cannot believe it that I got it. It feels surreal...I guess it will sink in once I get my card in the mail. Good Luck to everyone who are still waiting.

2 year journey! :)

My Timeline:
H1B -> Married to USC Husband in Oct 2005

12/29/2005 - Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/15/2006 - Received notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2006 - Date for Biometrics
02/14/06 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD 1
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
06/28/06 - I-130 Approved - (Letter received in couple weeks)
01/10/2007 - Filed for renewal EAD #2
02/15/07 - Biometrics date
03/22/07 - Received renewed EAD #2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD #3
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date for EAD
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD #3
02/26/2008 - Fingerprints Renewal for I-485 - Notice to appear on this day.
03/05/08 - Green Card Approved :cool:
03/10/08 - According to website - Green Card ordered to print :D
03/11/08 - Notice/Welcome to USA Letter received in mail

Now Waiting for the card!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Approved

finally, i got approval email yesterday. Thanks everyone for the support and help. Held on name check since dec 2006.

thanks,
venkat

Last edited by a moderator:
Still NOTHING!!!

Hello Everyone,

I called the customer service line yesterday again, this time I spoke wIth an Immigration Officer. He said that he will send an email to my DO explaning the situation with the new memo, then My DO will send me a letter. I also have an Info Pass appointment for March 20th. I am kinda getting worried for not getting any letter from them yet. Has anyone called the Custemer SeviCe line or had and info pass appointment after March 10th? Thanks

My DH has an Infopass appt on 3/24- he just did his fingerprints again yesterday. I went ahead and scheduled the appt anyway though- figure if a miracle happens and we receive news about the GC before then we can always cancel. The last online update we have is from 11/06...so as you can see we're not holding our breaths...

Help, Please!

Folks,

I need your help and advice,

I had an inteview (Adjustment of status based on Mariage, local office in Newark) last year (11 months ago), the case was approved with name check pending. I received a letter yesterday asking me to go to local office (Newark) next month for an interview!!! My question is: do you think that they want to posponed my green card another 180 days, or may be to stamp my passport? my case was approved with check name pending, why I need another interview, my wife is USCitizen and I have two children US born). Please, help, help help!!

Thank You in advance...Lirag

second interview?

Hi LIRAG,

My case is same as yours. I have also received a letter for the second interview. The reason is "application for adjustment of status" and documents that we need to bring to the interview include only passport and my I-94. My letter also states that "This interview will be video taped" :confused: (I am not sure if that is case with you).
Anyway, at least two more persons have received same the letter in the last few days.

Hello Quince,

Mine too, it says reason for appointment : Application for Adjustment of Status, This interview will be video taped.
Wich location is yours?

Lirag and Quince, Good Luck on your 2nd interview. Please keep us posted on how the interview went and what reasons did the Officers give you for a 2nd interview when the first interview was successful.

My Timeline:
H1B -> Married to USC Husband in Oct 2005

12/29/2005 - Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/15/2006 - Received notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2006 - Date for Biometrics
02/14/06 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD 1
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
06/28/06 - I-130 Approved - (Letter received in couple weeks)
01/10/2007 - Filed for renewal EAD #2
02/15/07 - Biometrics date
03/22/07 - Received renewed EAD #2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD #3
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date for EAD
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD #3
02/26/2008 - Fingerprints Renewal for I-485 - Notice to appear on this day.
03/05/08 - Green Card Approved
03/10/08 - According to website - Green Card ordered to print
03/11/08 - Notice/Welcome to USA Letter received in mail

Now Waiting for the card!