FBI Name Check

I hope it works out well for all of us who are undergoing this ordeal , although I am not optimistic at all , but yes if it comes thru it would be a relief I can atleast visit my family back home whom i have not seen past 5 years , my parents are not well , but I am just stuck here with this name check BS

Finally Approved!!!!!

Looks like someone at CRIS is working hard!!! I just checked my online status, they mailed me a Welcoming letter. I've been stuck in name check since May 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big thank you to everyone in this post. And good luck!!!!!!! I hope you all get yours very soon!!!:D:D:D:D

hearty congrats...u hae been waiting longer

Looks like someone at CRIS is working hard!!! I just checked my online status, they mailed me a Welcoming letter. I've been stuck in name check since May 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big thank you to everyone in this post. And good luck!!!!!!! I hope you all get yours very soon!!!:D:D:D:D

Vmelni congrats ! I think we are seeing the effects of the fee hike just as promised by USCIS. The funds for the hike were going to be used towards hiring more workers and getting pending tasks done.....is this really happening? I think so...... but who cares as long as everyone clears this NC nightmare.

congrats, again !:cool::D:D

Uscis fee hike wont affect the way the FBI works towards eliminating name checks , but yes as long as approvals come , who cares , I have been watching the processing timelines , the last time when I checked the timelines for NY in the month of october they were processing cases for 1st jan 2007 , and when I checked this month , they are processing march 24 2007 , a jump of 2 months !! mine was filed may 23rd 07 , but pending name checks hope that it comes soon :(

congratulations !!!

wow !!! Thank God this is really good news to all...
i can't believe that about 8 of us all got it at once....
good luck for the rest... this is really a good sign !!!

hey all, I need some help and advise.
My name checked is cleared on 10/11/07 and I had my interview back in June. But everytime I go to Infopass, they only tell me that my case is still pending. What the heck am I stuck in? Anything I can do about this? and has anyone gone thru this kind of problem?
thanks in advance.

Congratulations!!! :) :) vmelni, I'm happy for you. Keep us in your thoughts :) Again, a big congrats to you!

Wow!

Eight people cleared in a few weeks? What's going on here...... a miracle?:eek:

I just checked and didn't have anything:(

Congrats to everyone that has cleared!!!!!!!!!

There is hope after all

I just got a soft LUD on my I-485 for the first time ever! (Over a year already).... maybe it was only triggered by my EAD renewal application but with the recent flow of namecheck clearances I start to hope again :)

hey all, I need some help and advise.
My name checked is cleared on 10/11/07 and I had my interview back in June. But everytime I go to Infopass, they only tell me that my case is still pending. What the heck am I stuck in? Anything I can do about this? and has anyone gone thru this kind of problem?
thanks in advance.

How do you know your name check has cleared? Who did you speak to who told you this?
Have you asked them the reason for "pending" status? You should ask the IO why you cannot get an I-551 stamp on your passport while at the counter during your infopass.

Don't just walk out of there with no answers....

Not sure sending letter to first lady helps. we sent a letter to First lady 4 months after the interview. Received a standard reply (after 3 months) from FBI regarding the letter to First lady. Last week we got the approval. This is the only thing we have done. Could be just coincidence, but I would recommend people sending letters to First Lady to cover all our grounds.

I have also sent a letter to the first lady sometime last month , havent received any letter from the fbi , what I have is the return receipt from the white house and the copy of the letter that I had sent

Last edited by a moderator:
It took around 3 months for receiving the reply. That is what I have noticed with other members in this group. I know how frustrating it is. I too gave up and mentally ready for long wait and to my surprise received the approval notice. I usually check the status on Friday and USCIS updates the status mostly on Friday (not sure how accurate that is but that is my observation). Good luck to all the folks who are still waiting.

Fridays

None of my LUDs were on Fridays.

Strangely enough, I received a couple of LUDs on Saturdays, including a very recent one on I-130 that was approved a couple of years ago. I assume that these LUD changes were done by some computer robots checking the database for integrity...