FBI Name Check

hey confused1901,

along with the FL response, can you let us know when u wrote to FL? and also if you have a template for the letter. I wrote to FL in April / May timeframe and have not yet receieved any response.

FL response

Folks,

Letter was written by my wife(USC) for me. I believe they will pay more attention to a letter written by a USC rather than a letter written by an alien.(my stupid logic).

I mailed and faxed a letter to First Lady on June 14th and I received a response dated Aug 10 two days ago in mail.

Please try making your letter full of plight and suffering your family is going through becuase of this state of limbo. A little bit of drama always helps! :)

In parallel to this effort, in past six months, I used to send a letter to local office every week. Buy 68 cents stamps and put the same letter every week in the mail box.

Having said that, I don't know what really worked for me. But these were a few tricks in book that I used.
I hope this helps.

Thanks
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
SUBJECT: Desperate Plea for my husband’s pending FBI name check

Dear First Lady,

I am writing this letter seeking help desperately from you as I have exhausted all other avenues. I filed for my husband’s permanent residency (Green Card) in Nov 2004 and we had a successful interview with the USCIS district office at Baltimore, MD in May 2005. The officer approved the case (I-130) and told us that Adjustment of status (I-485) is pending, awaiting background check.

In the past 31 months, we have made several phone calls, written many letters to FBI, and frequently visited USCIS Baltimore, MD office inquiring about the status of his background checks, but all requests have been an exercise in futility. Also, requests by our local congressman have been of no avail.

It is very disconcerting to see that my husband, who is highly educated and holds a prestigious job in multinational company, is still waiting on pending background checks. We have been waiting for more that two and a half years now and this state of limbo has caused a lot of distress and agony in my family life.

I am using this letter as my last opportunity requesting you to look into the matter and liberate me from this agonizing endless wait.

Preethav

I sent you a pvt message with my email address , i am, stuck in namecheck too , and i had my intv on 22nd august , did the officer approve ur 130 , he did approve my 130

The members of a yahoogroup called namechecktracker are planning to send flowers, on a day which is being decided,to
David M Hardy, Acting Assistant Director, chief of Record/Information Dissemination Section, Records Management as a means of protest/gratitude for not acting on namechecks . Thought, folks here might also be interested to join in.

Address:
FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

Another unfortunate recipient of the Interview approved, but pending-name-check process fellow here. Firstly, thanks for starting the thread. Please add me to the list -- Last name Shah; Citizen of India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

Folks,

Letter was written by my wife(USC) for me. I believe they will pay more attention to a letter written by a USC rather than a letter written by an alien.(my stupid logic).

I mailed and faxed a letter to First Lady on June 14th and I received a response dated Aug 10 two days ago in mail.

Please try making your letter full of plight and suffering your family is going through becuase of this state of limbo. A little bit of drama always helps! :)

In parallel to this effort, in past six months, I used to send a letter to local office every week. Buy 68 cents stamps and put the same letter every week in the mail box.

Having said that, I don't know what really worked for me. But these were a few tricks in book that I used.
I hope this helps.

Your message was very useful and funny too. I bursted out laughing reading the concept of posting the same letter every week. Inspite of all the agony in the process , some messages on the boards make me feel light hearted and yours was one. Thanks for the message
chicchu

Praetorian , you are wrong , writ of mandamus still works , USCIS gives these memos so that people get discouraged using this option , not everyone s as lucky like you who get their GC , stamped on the day of the interview , I am sure that if you were in the same situatio like others , you would have been singning a very different tune today regarding the writ of mandamus

mn77845
i think your name check is cleared because you have an LUD on ur I-485
I thought so too..that's why I mailed the San Antonio DO a couple of days after the LUD. I got a response 3-4 days later from the DO saying the case was still pending security clearance. FYI there were quite a few people who got LUDs on the same date and around that date.

stop spamming ...frantikk Skyy

dude/dame,
u really made me come out of my hibernation. I am watching u post incessantly on this forum after ur interview. I feel for you...but take it easy....relax. don't enter 20 posts in 30 seconds, collect your thoughts and post 1 message, maybe some1 will reply to you. Don't reduce ur importance by acting "freaky" frantic...good username, suits the person, i guess.

anyway...my 2 cents, join a yoga class or something till u get ur GC.
PS: the breathing techniques really help stabilize the mind and body...try them.

kkboy

This forum is a public forum and not owned by either by your father or by you so I can post as many posts I wish to , if you have a problem , please dont visit the forum ..