FBI Name Check

Current Status: Card production ordered. On July 31, 2007, we ordered production of your new card.

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
On August 1, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status.

Please according with those dates when my greenCard will arrive???

Still waiting

Its been a while so I thought I would check in and see how many other long pending namecheck people are here.

A quick update on me, filed in August 2004, interview in January 2005, pending since then. Have written repeatedly to my congresswoman, both senators, CIS ombudsman and sent an FBI FOIPA. Nothing yet!

I just received my 4th Advanced Parole with a processing time of less than two weeks. Unfortunately they didn't postdate to the expiration of the existing one so I wasted three months there. Waiting on my 4th I765 although at least this year I have applied early.

Is there anyone else out there with three years or more pending namecheck? Would love to see if I have company.

Conflicting answers from IOs

One week back I called TSC .. Talked to TSC IO. She mentioned that my 2nd FP is due. DId not give anymore info. Also she did not initiate the FP.

Friday (03/08) I went to local office for Infopass. IO said reason for wait is Name check pending. He did not show any screen. Just gave that answer in a min and gave couple of printouts on name check FAQs.

Today I called TSC again. Nice IO answered some questions. As per her my Name check has been cleared in 2005 it self. Only pending think is 2nd FP.
She initiated for both me and my wife. Waiting for 2nd FP notice in 15 to 30 days.

Fingers crossed. any body in same situation??

I am totally confused whom to believe. :(

vllrp
-----------------------
LC PD: 05/2003 AD: 12/14/2004
EB3, EAD/AP/140/485 RD:12/30/2004 ND:01/14/2005
EAD AD 02/04/2005
AP AD 02/08/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005
1st FP ND 02/18/2005 / 1st FP Done 04/09/2005
case xfered to tsc March 2007
I485 ??? recent LUD on I485 07/03/07
Infopass.. 03/08/2007 FBI Namecheck pending

Please update how we can make calls to IO

hi vllrp,

Can you give me an idea how i can make a call to IO, whenever we make calls they are not going to IO's. My case is at National Benefit center. Any idea on how can i make call to an IO there.

thanks,
venkat

hi vllrp,

Can you give me an idea how i can make a call to IO, whenever we make calls they are not going to IO's. My case is at National Benefit center. Any idea on how can i make call to an IO there.

thanks,
venkat

Here are instructions somebody posted before..
Dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4 you can talk with imm. officer directly

Good Luck.

Vllrp

Cgc

Looks like my wait is over. I got the email today. Good luck everyone.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 1, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

But u will have a conditional GC and u will need to renew that after 2years. Anyway, congratulation

But u will have a conditional GC and u will need to renew that after 2years. Anyway, congratulation

Why conditional GC? Mine was not through marriage. :confused:

Got another update

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 6, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

what kind of inquery did you send to INS ?

Congratulation Southamerica, I told u, to give them 60 days..now u see, u r approved

Hi, birdlove

could you please tell me what kind of inquiry you sent to DO and INS. seems they got quick approve right after that.

appreciate

I was stuck in name check also:(

crystal

Ur wife must be happy and ready to celebrate her GC koz since they've approved her I-130 that mean they are ready to process her I-485, but bekoz her fingerprint has been expired, she will need to have another regardin for her GC, and she just will have to take only the ten fingers and then if she will her from uscis after FBI name check is clear, sometime it will take between 3 days and 3 years. Tell ur wife to be patient

You are right. One month after i-130 was approved, we got a letter saying the name check is pending. Other than writing to Senators and First Lady, any other suggestions?

right thread

hi guys i am oending in name check too..
i just contacted my senatro to contact the fbi..i will be posting the up dates..
but as lot of people saying i never got an interview so far..gave FP 2 times.
please suggest me to getexpedite the process
thanks in advance

Notice from USCIS

Hello,

After I sent my inquiry with the customer service in June 2007 (I had got a referral #), and infopass in July 2007, i received a letter from USCIS stating, that my name is stuck in Background / security check. They are diligently working on the case and asking me not to contact them until 6 months from the date of the inquiry, if I have not heard from them on the case. Is this normal text in the notices received from USCIS?

Has anybody who is stuck in Namecheck received similar notices from USCIS following inquiry with customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
ncgc,

I just called 1800USCIS and I can confirm that the tone is becoming short and brief. It is somewhat understandable because they must be submerged with callers like me who are trying to scrape every bit of information to know more about the reason of their delayed name check. (However polite I asked, the lady on the phone showed signs of irritation as she told me: "everybody's case is in name check and some have had theirs pending for several years").

So, my guess is that the letter might ask you to wait for 6 months because they are swamped in requests and short of staff. That is regrettable of course and I really hope that something comes for you before those 6 months.

Other than that, I would like to revisit an old myth about 2nd fingerprinting. You said that the district officer in Charlotte told you that it was an indication that name check had cleared. That converged with Birdlove's comment. However I'm not convinced about that. I talked to an immigration lawyer and also asked that question to the phone officer (they escalated my call to a more knowledgeable person) and they said that the 2nd finger printing is really only a renewal due every 15 months. Trust me, I would like to believe that it is a sign that my name check has cleared but I remain skeptical.

noar

I-130 & I-485 relationship?

I had both my I-485 and I-130 pending nc since my interview in Feb 07. Now, a week ago I received a notice saying my I-130 has been approved. Is there any relationship between the I-130 being approved and the I-485? I had my hopes up thinking that my I-130 being approved might finally be a sign that my nc had come through and the I-485 should be approved soon as well. But now I'm not so sure... :confused:
Thanks for the info.

Mazdaman,

In my case the I-130 was approved 18 months ago in February 2006 but my I-485 is still pending (received by USCIS on January 2006).

Your application and that of your sponsor are 2 separate things. The I-130 wasn't filed by you (even though you might have helped preparing the paper), it was filed by your sponsor (wife, husband... US citizen).

I wish I had a better answer for you but no, approval of the I-130 doesn't mean that your greencard will arrive soon. You can find more details in the form instructions.

Mazdaman,

Are you sure the I-130 was in name check? Correct me if I'm wrong but this would mean that your sponsor's name would be subject to name check.

Interesting it's taken them so long, isn't your sponsor a US-citizen anyway?

noar

Hello noar,

I-130 should not have anything to do with I-485. In fact, when I called USCIS asking the status of I-130 & I-485, I was told that I can only obtain the status of I-485 and not for I-130 (since my wife is the sponsor) and that she will have to call for I-130 status.

My I-130 has not been approved as of yet. In fact there has been no LUD also since November 2005.

As for 2nd FP, I think there is some change in the procedure and IO mentioned there is no point in calling people for 2nd FP since there is no telling on when the namecheck will be cleared. Hence USCIS is now requesting for 2nd FP after NC has been cleared. This may be true, becos my 1st FP expired in May 2007 (15 months) and have not received any notice for 2nd FP.

I had the similar experience with the knowlegeable person (when I also called USCIS customer service). After my questioning about NC clearance, the person was getting irritated and told me to contact only after 6 months similar to the letter.

I guess this is going to be standard protocol, since with recent retrogression (work related I-485), there is going to be surge in NC. Hopefully ours already stuck in NC does not lost in the system.:confused: :(

Mazdaman,

Are you sure the I-130 was in name check? Correct me if I'm wrong but this would mean that your sponsor's name would be subject to name check.

Interesting it's taken them so long, isn't your sponsor a US-citizen anyway?

noar

My sponsor (wife) is a US citizen. I don't know why it took so long for the I-130 to be approved. The IO had said at the interview that we're approved pending name check so I'd assumed it applied to both the I-130 and I-485. Guess I was wrong. I'm gonna call them and see what they say.
Thanks for your replies.

Pending I-130

My sponsor (wife) is a US citizen. I don't know why it took so long for the I-130 to be approved. The IO had said at the interview that we're approved pending name check so I'd assumed it applied to both the I-130 and I-485. Guess I was wrong. I'm gonna call them and see what they say.
Thanks for your replies.

Mazdaman, don't worry, i know ur patience has been tested to the end, but try to give urself some more time, they will approve ur case, just call them or send them an inquiry !
My I-130 was approved last month and the same day they I approved my I-485. I do enjoy my GC koz I have a patience. They might call u for second interview before processin ur case or they might ask u for another evidence just to make sure u and ur spouse are still together.

takin easy my friend and cross ur hand:cool:

Mazdaman, don't worry, i know ur patience has been tested to the end, but try to give urself some more time, they will approve ur case, just call them or send them an inquiry !
My I-130 was approved last month and the same day they I approved my I-485. I do enjoy my GC koz I have a patience. They might call u for second interview before processin ur case or they might ask u for another evidence just to make sure u and ur spouse are still together.

takin easy my friend and cross ur hand:cool:

I just wanted to say I really appreciate your encouraging messages. I wouldn't be impatient if it weren't for the fact that my sister who lives half way across the world and whom I haven't seen for 6 years is visiting Canada for a few days. I was hoping I'd get my greencard before she leaves so I can go visit her. Unfortunately, she can't come here because she doesn't have enough time to apply for a US visa (she leaves in 3 weeks) and I'm stuck waiting for my GC to be approved.