FBI Name Check

In the same boat...sailing and hoping !!

We are in same boat...AOS interview done on 7/31/07. It was approved pending name check..Went to local office with infopass two days ago and came to know that "IT'S STILL PENDING"..Name check was intiated on 5/13/07....
This is very frustrating!!

We are in same boat...AOS interview done on 7/31/07. It was approved pending name check..Went to local office with infopass two days ago and came to know that "IT'S STILL PENDING"..Name check was intiated on 5/13/07....
This is very frustrating!!

Crystal: When was your last LUD on your I-485?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good sign

My case has similar dates as yours but i have not seen any Updates on my
I-485 since 05.21.2007

I guess it is just a waiting game. with no reference as to when is our turn.

When I asked to the IO during my recent infopass about FBI name check, he told me that FBI is severaly backed up with the name checks and he told me to wait...wait and ...wait.....It can take from 3 months to 3 years to get the result of FBI name check....
WOW...
My case has similar dates as yours but i have not seen any Updates on my
I-485 since 05.21.2007

I guess it is just a waiting game. with no reference as to when is our turn.

frustrated like hell

the entire process is screwed up , since crystal has had a LUD . i guess crystal's process is still moving ahead , i am sending an foipa request to the fbi after that comes i will contact senator , congressmen etc etc etc etc :mad: , did u ask about your I-130 , is that approved ??

the most furstrating part is no one is accountable for this , there is no way you can find out the status this is ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
No I did not ask whether my I130 is approved or not. Online status for I130 and his I485 shows PENDING AT NATIONAL VISA CENTER..
He already did FOIPA but we have not heard anything from them too!!...If we have to deal with them then one thing..WAIT...........WAIT........W.................A.............I...................T...and still WAIT......It's frustrating....No tracking...nothing.....

the entire process is screwed up , since crystal has had a LUD . i guess crystal's process is still moving ahead , i am sending an foipa request to the fbi after that comes i will contact senator , congressmen etc etc etc etc :mad: , did u ask about your I-130 , is that approved ??

the most furstrating part is no one is accountable for this , there is no way you can find out the status this is ridiculous

in my case

my case pending too however, my petitioner my wife received approval notice for 130 even though i didnt see any lud on either 130 and 485!!!!!

No I did not ask whether my I130 is approved or not. Online status for I130 and his I485 shows PENDING AT NATIONAL VISA CENTER..
He already did FOIPA but we have not heard anything from them too!!...If we have to deal with them then one thing..WAIT...........WAIT........W.................A.............I...................T...and still WAIT......It's frustrating....No tracking...nothing.....

which letter ?? I do not have any letter , the officer said that the name chek is pending and also he put in the request to get the I-140 file from nebraska center , did u receive any updates from ur IO regd the same ??

not a letter

which letter ?? I do not have any letter , the officer said that the name chek is pending and also he put in the request to get the I-140 file from nebraska center , did u receive any updates from ur IO regd the same ??

he printed note out for me why he cant approve aos on that day with his name on it.

can you check for overseas cases?

My parents applied together in the home countrty and my mother got approved and my father is pending name check.

Is there a way to find out the current status online for him?

Is there are way to contact the local congressman for the delay in the name check? It has already been over 3 months since the intervew.

Btw is the name check required for every person?
My father is 66 years old and awaiting name check.

can you check for overseas cases?

My parents applied together in the home country, my mother got approved and my father is pending name check.

Is there a way to find out the current status online for him?

Is there a way to contact the local congressman for the delay in the name check? It has already been over 3 months since the intervew.

Btw is the name check required for every person?
My father is 66 years old and awaiting name check.

oh I see , no my IO didnt give a letter to me , he just scribbled on my passport A#******** I-485 pending section (245) under CR(6) and signed his full name and dated it

I spoke to my congressman's office and they called me last week and mentined that they are sending a query to the FBI regarding the same , and said that they will get back to me as soon as they get some update from them , also sending an foipa request to the fbi

I am going to send in my request today !! anyone received any other update on the name check ?? Crystal try calling the INS and tell them abt the foipa , see what they say

How does FBI communicate with USCIS about Name Check findings?

Just wondering, How does FBI communicate with USCIS about Name check? Do they send them Hard copy of their findings or USCIS can search in their data base to make sure whether name check has completed or not?