FBI Name Check

OOPS!!!!!......SO IF USCIS LOST THAT REPORT BEFORE UPDATING IN THE SYSTEM THEN WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!......I have seen the IO during my latest INFO PASS and he looked into the system and told me that FBI NAME check has not been cleared yet...That means HE CHECKED INTO HIS SYSTEM AND NOT THE FBI DATA BASE !:confused: :eek: :(

FBI sends the report to USCIS , and USCIS then updates the system

Pending Name Check

Hi

My dad's name check is pending more than two months now. I applied for my mom and dad.My mom's got approved. Anybody have similar situation. At his interview he was told his visa is approved and they will get in a week.

End of my GC journey

Finally its over. I got the card today. Here are my dates:

10/05/2005: RD for I-130, I-485, I-765
10/12/2005: ND for I-130, I-485, I-765
01/11/2006: FP Code-3, AD for First EAD (I-765)
02/27/2006: Approved pending name check. IO asked me to fill up I-864A
as my wife started work in 10/24/2004
08/17/2006: RD for second EAD (I-765)
08/23/2006: ND for second EAD (I-765)
09/07/2006: FP Code-2 for second EAD (I-765)
11/01/2006: AD for second EAD (I-765)
04/16/2007: LUD on second EAD (I-765)
07/26/2007: RD for third EAD (I-765)
08/17/2007: FP Code-2 for EAD (Appointment scheduled on 08/23/2007) and
FP Code-1 for I-485 (Appointment scheduled on 08/24/2007)
08/23/2007: Infopass; IO said that there are 2 lines and went inside and
came back and said that they will schedule another interview
08/27/2007: ND for third EAD (I-765)
08/28/2007: I-130 Approval and I-485 Welcome to United States of America
Emails
08/30/2007: Card production ordered Email
09/01/2007: MR for I-130 Approval and I-485 Welcome to United States of
America
09/04/2007: MR for Permanent Resident Card; Category IR6. Resident Since
08/25/2007

Nationality: Indian

Post Analysis: I'm guessing that my Name Check was cleared on 04/16/2007.
Filing of 3rd EAD triggered FP Code-1 as FP for I-485 expires in 15 months
Even if you get your FP done earlier than scheduled, it does not
matter. They send the FP code-1 to FBI on scheduled date only.

I did not use any lawyer. I did not write to any senator, first last or congressman/woman. I have waited patiently for almost 2 years. Life gets hard as DL in Virginia depends on EAD date. Every year I was taking EAD to DMV office for DL renewal

I have to go to DMV tomorrow and renew my license. Also planning to go to SS office to get an unrestricted SS card. I came to US on H1B work visa and have a restricted SS card.

The last few days and this labor day weekend has been very exciting. I hope everyone in this forum get their LPR. This forum has been very useful and I thank everyone for participating.

I hope to see you all again in 3 years in citizenship forum.

Abbreviations:
MR: Mail Received
RD: Received Date
ND: Notice Date
FP: Finger Printing
AD: Approval date
LUD: Last Updated Date
DMV: Department of Motor Vehicles
EAD: Employment Authorization Document
DL: Driver's License
SS: Social Security
LPR: Legal Permanent Resident

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. If you need professional help with immigration matters please consult an immigration lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
mantra1234, congratulations!
You are inspiring - looks like another year or so and I will be done with my namecheck, too (fingers crossed)

fellows, my FBI name check has been pending for one year. Thank god, it is just finalized and I got my online 485 appoval.
There is not much I did to speed up my name check. I sent mail to my congressman and never hear back. I did FOIA with a reply of 'no record found' but they said the FOIA is different than the immigration name check. So I just sent a mail to first lady hoping they would reply with 'finalized result'.

I haven't hear back from the first lady's mail yet. Last night I was still thinking of WOM and lawsuit(thanks DUDE for 1447b filling info) to push them. However I got the email this morning saying 'card production ordered'. It is the first time I've been so happy since last year. Now I am free and I will travel international everywhere to explore the Earth :D

Thanks for everyone on this forum and this particular thread. I learnt a lot and wish good luck to everyone:)

sent the Foipa request today , tried calling the INS yesterday the IO did not tell me the status if the 130 she said that we can only tell that to your wife also did not say anything clearly on the name check too , said give it 90 days for us to reach a decision this is ridiculous:mad:

congrats to thos who got it approved , mantra`234 did you travel when ur case was pending with advance parole can you please share ur experience

OOPS!!!!!......SO IF USCIS LOST THAT REPORT BEFORE UPDATING IN THE SYSTEM THEN WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!......I have seen the IO during my latest INFO PASS and he looked into the system and told me that FBI NAME check has not been cleared yet...That means HE CHECKED INTO HIS SYSTEM AND NOT THE FBI DATA BASE !:confused: :eek: :(

Uscis cannot check the FBI database , FBI sends the name check report to the USCIS , name check files get updated every week , do not mix the FOIPA request report that you got recentlyt with the name check report

FOIPA report is based just on the main files , the other reference files are not checked for FOIPA whereas in case of name check every record is searched

Anyway spoke to an immigration officer today on the fone , he did not give a straight answer as to what is pending he just said that the case is "pending approval" , i asked if it is specifically the name check he did not say anythg abt it he just said "pending approval"

got in touch with an IO today , he mentioned the following

He said that I-130 is still pending I was very surprised to hear this as the IO at the interview mentioned clearly that he is approving the same

on 485 he said that the fbi name check is pending and the name check request was submitted by USCIS on May 31st 07

New take on Namecheck processing

I called the USCIS helpline today and spoke to a customer service guy..according to him it's taking 6 months from the time of the interview to approve name check backlogged cases because the information from the AOS interview is used to verify the background check results (that's verbatim, it didn't make sense to me though )
He also mentioned that USCIS is severly overworked because of the passport requirement for US nationals travelling to Mexico/Canada/carribeans etc.
He suggested getting a stamp on my passport if I'm travelling outside the country (which I am planning to) but I was under the impression I could travel on my AP document.Anyway, long pending Infopass has been made to get the stamp, let's see what the IO has to say about all this.

I was told the same thing

Hello

I was told the same thing by my DO today , and also the USCIS officer whom I spoke to , you cannot get a stamp untill name check clears you have to travel with your advance parole

Finally - Approved

Hey Folks

My namecheck got cleared finally after a long, exhausting and anxious wait. Some of the steps i took in this matter are as follows-

1) Never lose hope and be proactive.
2) Write letters/faxes to congressman, senators, CIS- Ombudsman, FL.
Keep writing them and calling them. Get 3- 6 months of stamps and envelopes, keep stuffing them and send it once a week.
3) Regular Infopass Appts to check whether your name check is cleared or not. Even if your name check gets cleared, USCIS doesnt inform you right away unless someone sweeps your file which i dont think they will do unless you nag them.

Heres my timeline briefly-

I 485(F1 Based) Feb 07
Interview Apr 07- Aproved pending name-check.
Name-check got cleared in July 2007
USCIS Infopass- Aug 2007
Welcome Email- Sept 2007
Card Production Ordered- Sept 2007.

Does any one know how much time does it take to get the card physically once in production? A week i assume. Notice says 30 days. Correct me if i am wrong.

I thank you all whose invaluable sugesstions helped me immensely in this never ending path towards the residency.

I received a letter from the congressman's office saying that they are waiting on another file from the nebraska service center , this conformation comes from the congressional comittee of thew uscis , there is no mention of name check on it this is very very surprising as uscis is telling me that its the name check , i am so confused

WoM against FBI

Has anybody filed a WoM against FBI . I like to file the WoM against the FBI so they have to come forward with the Backround check.
And how i can proof that the have a request form the USCIS - is there a way to get infos??
And any positive WoM in Southern California
WoM still possibile

Move with pending NC

Hello,

Attached below is my timelines. I am stuck in NC since 2006 for family based GC. I recently interviewed with a company (better opportunity) and it appears to be positive and I will have to relocate to Houston, TX.

Due to this relocation, my DO will change from Charlotte, NC to Houston, TX. My questions are:

1. Would this relocation have any impact on the processing of my GC and Namecheck?
2. How long does it take to transfer the files from one DO to another?
3. Apart from AR-11 form, are there any other forms that I need to fill out?
4. Will I be called for 2nd interview beacuse of this move?

Is there anybody who is in similar situation who can share their experiences? It is worrying us especially after waiting for almost 2 years since applying for GC and waiting patiently for NC issue to be cleared.

Please advise.

Hello,

Due to this relocation, my DO will change from Charlotte, NC to Houston, TX. My questions are:

1. Would this relocation have any impact on the processing of my GC and Namecheck?

Please advise.
I read some stories about moving during case pending before. Here is my opinion.
it will affect your GC not name check. Your files will be transfered from Charlotte to Houston, which will take a while. Pray a lot so that they won't loss your files during transferring.
Someone also said they will use your old address and send everthing to the old one