FBI Name Check

and i pity ur spouse who has married such a lousy bastard who is not even bothered to check about important things in life :) , may be your spouse is a sugar momma to you who checks it for yaa :) , have fun you ass

keep in touch

I just came from India on AP on saturday. There was no problem. Not even a single question was asked. Hope this helps others.

Thanks.

Another unfortunate recipient of the Interview approved, but pending-name-check process fellow here. Firstly, thanks for starting the thread. Please add me to the list -- Last name Shah; Citizen of India.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is still Pending, Am I stuck in the name check?

This forum has been a great source of information, I would like to thank everyone that have contributed..

Now about my case. As you can see in my time line bellow, its has been almost 9 months since I sent in my application, and 7 months since I got my interview (interview went very well). My case status still shows: Received and pending...

My question is: Should I consider myself stuck in the name check process at this point? or, is there still hope for me that I'm not stuck? And my case time line is within normal time processing parameters?

I've been trying to see how others have done. I notices that some applicants received their GC within just a 3 to 5 months.. I have received a couple of LUD's on my I-485, the 7/27 one seems to have happened to a few people. Don't know what that means!!

So I'm just wondering if I should consider myself stuck in the name check process, and I should start writing the letters and so forth..

Could someone please advise..

Thanks..

Make an Infopass

Make an infopass and see , you will get some info , although I think you must be on ur way to get the GC , since you have LUD's on the same

has anyone travelled abroad with 485 pending , with advance parole ? can you please share your experience

my husband has been awaiting his namecheck for 1.5 year now..we recently took a trip abroad with his advance parole. It worked fine. Upon re-entering the US they called him into a room to verify his paperwork, that was it...it's just that you'll have to renew the AP every year if u plan to travel a lot..

I received an email this morning saying that....

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 31, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
This is my first update after my interview . Is this normal? I heard that they send an email welcoming you as a new resident first.. Is my green card on the way ???

Time line
Package send to chicago 10/10/06
Reference request 11/11/06
EAD received on 01/05/07
Interview 04/25/07 Name check pending.

Did you go through a lawyer to file your application or did you do it yourself? Which country are you originated from, may I ask? I heard that besides those from India and china, everyone else is pretty fast....

Jade123,

Country of origin doesn't play such a big role. It might help in some cases, e.g countries that provide a good level of cooperation and that have access to comprehensive databases might be faster at sending USCIS the information that they need.

Also seeing a lot of folks from India, South America or China on this thread just means that those are the largest populations immigrating to the United States. I'm from Europe and my case (I-485) has been pending in name check for 19 months. As far as CIS paperwork goes, I don't feel like I'm treated any differently... For the sake of fairness!

Good luck with your application. Do consider writ of mandamus on the other thread

Last edited by a moderator:
i do not know if i should agree or disagree with Noar , i agree because Noar sites his/her example of being from europe and pending name check , what I have seen so far it seems that people from India who are stuck in name check

Jade123,

Country of origin doesn't play such a big role. It might help in some cases, e.g countries that provide a good level of cooperation and that have access to comprehensive databases might be faster at sending USCIS the information that they need.

Also seeing a lot of folks from India, South America or China on this thread just means that those are the largest populations immigrating to the United States. I'm from Europe and my case (I-485) has been pending in name check for 19 months. As far as CIS paperwork goes, I don't feel like I'm treated any differently... For the sake of fairness!

Good luck with your application. Do consider writ of mandamus on the other thread

I think in some cases it does make a difference...also, whether or not you u submit your application via a lawyer. My husband and 2 of our friends all submit for themselves (all origins of china), and have been pending for over a year now. One coworker had a lawyer submitted it, and his origin is hong kong, and got his in less than 6 months....that tells me something...

Hello

I am also in the same boat. I have already contacted my senators, congressman, foia, attorney, uscis....no satisfactory reply since date from any one...
Please let me know what should be the next step....

please advise...

Indian_4
H1B married US citizen
I485 Notice date: 4/26/06
FP:5/11/06
First interview: 10/31/06 (Pending NC)
Second interview: 1/11/07 (Pending NC)
Waiting to clear background check from FBI

I used a lawyer

I used a lawyer , actually my lawyer said that to give it 30 days from the intv date , and it should come , hez a very senior immigration attoirney with 47 years of experience :rolleyes: , the IO officer mentioned that these days teh intv's are scheduled so fast that the FBI checks dont come in by the time the intv happens

I was in City A and then moved to City B, after filing AR 11, my files got transfered from City A to City B and the City B field office called me for interview again.

Anyways, I have my lawyer too and she told me that you will get GC in 6 months, but its freaking 15 months now and even she dont know what to do...I may need to hire some one else.

Do you guys know any good lawyer in Chicago Area?

Indian_4

H1B married US citizen
I485 Notice date: 4/26/06
FP:5/11/06
First interview: 10/31/06 (Pending NC)
Second interview: 1/11/07 (Pending NC)
Waiting to clear background check from FBI

Anybody know the direct phone no for any service center except national customer service. I need to check on the status of my namecheck.

namecheck issue
I sent letters to FL,congressman,senator on july 30. i received one from one congressman saying it is not cleared yet but they will take steps to clear it expedite the process and clear ASAP. When put SR on june and infopass on july 20, reply says that I485 case is pending due to namecheck since Oct.2005, and everything is clear except NC. But last week I and my wife got a SR reply for july 5th inquiry, says "case needs additional review..............contact CS within 60days if you do not receive a decision or other notice of action". I do not know my NC is cleared or not. anybody have any idea.

the whole process is totally screwed up , am damn frustrated with all this BS now , green20055 is ur gc marriage based or employment based

its EB2-NIW, sep.30, 2005.
infopass on july 20 saying NC pending. SR received on AUG.22 saying additional review....