FBI Name Check

Thanks for your help Franticsky. I already have H1B visa stamped in my passport and it doesn't expire until 2009. I was just concerned that if my case is approved with name check pending, will the interview officer cancel my H1B stamp in my passport. Any idea on that?

If yor GC is approved you can get a stamp on the passport on the day of the interview , then you do not need to travel on H1 , but if say for example it gets stuck in name check ( God forbid ) then you can use the H1 to travel , but again like i said before applying and keeping the AP wont harm you :) , The officer will not cancel the H1b

I think US immigration should change its home page , whenever I logon to the site the first thing I see is " US IMMIGRATION , HOW CAN WE HELP YOU " they should change it to " US IMMIGRATION HOW CAN WE HARASS YOU "

Thanks for your help Franticsky. I already have H1B visa stamped in my passport and it doesn't expire until 2009. I was just concerned that if my case is approved with name check pending, will the interview officer cancel my H1B stamp in my passport. Any idea on that?

I was in the same case last June. I went to France on my H1B while having a pending GC. If your visa is stamped and doesn't expire until later then you're good to go.

In my case I had to get the visa stamped at the embassy because it had been renewed. It seems like you're clear of this requirement.

I should mention that like you I was hoping to get my greencard on time. Since it never came, I kept my job a few more weeks so that the visa would still be valid after my return.

Noar

Noar ,
is ur name check also pending ? if yes did you hear anything on your case ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I applied for H1B visa in India in May 2005, I had to go through FBI Name check and brackground check. The Name check was cleared (July 2005).

I applied for I-485 on June 28 2007 and finger printing was done on 8/27/2007. Does anybody know if I have to go though the FBI name check process all over again for my I-485 application?

Labor Dallas BEC:
PD:08/2002, Approved 03/17/06.
I-140 Approved:
AD:09/25/06, AD:07/15/07
I-485: Receipt Number: LIN072175xxx;
AD: 06/28/07:RD: 06/29/07,ND: 07/25/07
FP ND:08/07/07 (Biometric code 3), Appointment Date:08/27/07
EAD: Approved 09/24/07(Received card production ordered email from CRIS)

Everyone applying for immigration has to go undergo the FBI name check process , it does not matter whether you had a name check earlier or not

bubbles of hope

Noar ,
is ur name check also pending ? if yes did you hear anything on your case ?

Yes it is still pending. No I haven't heard anything on my case. I sent letter to FL/North Carolina rep/FOIPA ("No Record"). Nothing came out of it so far. Unless the greencard arrives before October 10th which is quite unlikely I will have to refuse a government award.

My advice to keep calm: get a good bottle of Champagne to celebrate with your friends when your day comes.

Timeline:

Country of origin: France

09/2005 i-485 married to USC
01/2006 i-485 receipt
03/2006 first fingerprinting for i-485
03/2006 interview
03/2007 i-765 application
04/2007 fingerprinting related to EAD
04/2007 received EAD
05/2007 changed of address/DO from Buffalo,NY to Charlotte, NC
06/2007 changed job, no more H1b
08/2007 second fingerprinting for i-485
Today GC still pending...

Hey noar,

I just found out from the congressman liason that I am still stuck in NC (no surprise). My question is did your move from Buffalo to NC have an impact on the processsing time. I have been told that when people move (change of DO office), there is a typical delay of 6+ months due to file transfer, 2 nd interview etc.

Is this true?

Also, looking at some of the timelines for NC clearance, I thing that the NC which are stuck for more than 1 year are cleared sequentially meaning first stuck first cleared basis, becos, I saw some of the cases from Jan 2005 followed by June 2005 being cleared. I hope this is true....

I am facing a similar situation where I have been offered a job in TX, not better than what I have and I contemplating a move, but really donot want to jepoardize anything here with Immigration.

ncgc2006 from your signature I see that you have applied for 2 ead's any particular reason ? one ead should be fine right ??

1st EAD Approval: 01/29/2007
1st EAD Recieved: 01/29/2007
2nd EAD - I765 RD:06/21/2007
2nd EAD - I765 ND:07/02/2007

Hi Frantcisky

My husband had his GC interview which was approved pending name check. I see you have the almost the same timeline as his. Yours is in May 2007 and my husband applied in June 2007. He had his interview in Aug 2007 as well.

Are you doing anything - writing letters to First Lady, senators etc for pending name check. I wasn't sure if it's the right time to write these letters as they may consider we are "escalating" too early and may simply ignore our request!!! what do you think?

Hello Madhuri

I have written letter to my congressman and my wife has written a letter to the first lady , however I have still not posted that letter will do it pretty soon , also I will write a letter to my IO in a couple of weeks , I have also sent in my foipa request to the fbi

the congressman's office actually enquired about the case and sent me a response , i do not think that there is any problem asking about the case , I know the waiting game is too frustrating . spoils travel plans and does cause a lot of pain , when was your husband's name chek submitted ?

Name Check

HI

I am in the wait period since

11/13/2005

My name check is still pending.
I wrote to Ombudsman, congress man and senator but they all give the same answer . Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Worte to L Bush and then recieved response from FBI that name check was initated in November 2005 and they will try to resolve it As Quickly as Possible

THis letter was dated Mid August. Nothing has happened since then. I have moved as well since then.

I gues I just have to keep waiting.

Hi franticsky

thank you for your response. My husband's FP was done on July 14th - so not sure when the NC was initiated. The lady at infopass told that his background check has been completed, however, NC is still pending. Not sure what does that mean though???

I really do not know what that means these stupid people at the immigration will just say anything to harass people

Hey remeron,

Your timeline are very similar to mine. I have written to first lady, congressman, senator but no response.

What is your DO office?

Baltimore office a complete joke...

Update:

Ok, so after Chicago telling me that my name check had cleared and that my paperwork was still in Baltimore (see above), I went to the Baltimore USCIS office today. The officer told me my name check was still pending, even though I insisted that Chicago had told me it had cleared. I asked to speak to a supervisor... and after two hours waiting I finally did. I was told that my name check had been submitted twice and that the second time, it had been approved. However, my case had not been transferred, nor had they any record of my address change even though I had submitted and AR-11 online and had updated the address for my individual cases. Baltimore insisted that my paperwork had to be transferred to Chicago (even though Chicago said not to) because Baltimore no longer had "jurisdiction" over my case.

All I needed was someone to acknowledge that the name check was complete and approve it in Baltimore, and now I have to wait to have my paperwork transferred to Chicago and have another interview scheduled.

I am so frustrated at this point. Had I not talked to a supervisor in Baltimore, my paperwork would have sat there indefinitely, even though my name check has cleared (so they think). Any idea how long it takes from this point?

Hi CDN

yes it is indeed frustrating , I would suggest please write an email to the Ombudsman office regarding this the email is Cisombudsman@dhs.gov they will be able to help you on this , this is really frustrating what the hell man !!

I know of some friends who had to get their files transferred from one DO to another , it took 6 months for them ...I mean man what the hell 6 months to get a file transferred !!

Response from FBI...

I just wanted to add that I did get a resonse from the FBI in regards to my name check. I had sent a letter to the First Lady's office back in June. The letter was waiting for me back in Chicago when I returned from my unsuccessful Baltimore USCIS office visit!

The letter actually states my name check was finalized and submitted to USCIS on May 23, 2007. Go figure.

So at least I have some more evidence. Now I have to wait for my file to be transferred, get another interview and hopefully then approval.

I will be writing a letter to the CIS Ombudsman, although I don't really suspect anything will happen. There still has been no LUD on my case since 5/10/2007.