FBI Name Check

hey jefkorn,
As in response to my inquiries, the congressional liaison emailed back to congressman;s office that my case was under review blah blah.. and doesn't qualify under the memo and there're "unresolved issues" and no time estimate could be given on how long it would take
i have the same reply from the congressman's office. have u got ur green card as yet?

File a WOM

My I485 case is pending since November 2006. Recently my lawyer sent me an email that he called USCIS and spoke to person X badge number xxxxx and they told hime that USCIS will contact in 45 days as this case is out of normal processing date. and gave a new inquiry case number. Will this help in expediating my case?

My I485 case is pending since November 2006. Recently my lawyer sent me an email that he called USCIS and spoke to person X badge number xxxxx and they told hime that USCIS will contact in 45 days as this case is out of normal processing date. and gave a new inquiry case number. Will this help in expediating my case?

they told me that way 100 times, nothing happened ever.

GC process is a real mess for some people. I applied for mine back in Nov 2006 and was interviewed in April 2007 and i am still waiting any kind of response from them. I know some friends who applied after me and got their GC within 4 months and now they filed for their 10yr GC and getting ready to apply for citizenship as soon as they receive their GC again.

I contacted congressmans office here in Houston and they told me that my name check was cleared and now they are waiting for security clearance on my case and also my finger prints are already expired. I sent another email but no reply came from congressman office. I spoke to my lawyer too and he said that he feel really sorry and there is nothing he can do because USCIS process is so screwed up that they will not even tell you when and where is your case pending.

I am still waiting and don't know when wil be this over?

Hi I wonder when can we apply for citizenship if GC would be approved Mid 2006? How do they count 3 yr continuous residency? Upon got GC or since the marriage with American citizen?

Hi I wonder when can we apply for citizenship if GC would be approved Mid 2006? How do they count 3 yr continuous residency? Upon got GC or since the marriage with American citizen?

The clock starts on the day you get the GC.

That's why we are saying that USCIS is hurting our immigration benefit because that backlog postpones the day we apply for citizenship.

I have heard that USCIS refuse to postdate on our GC even it's their fault....

Sigh.!

Goto the US Citizenship Forum and click on the first thread, how to file a WOM based on what you just explained.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681

:D:D:D

I have two different dates from USCIS for my case update. My lawyer called USCIS and spoke to some one as i mentioned above and got a 45 day wait timeand he also emailed local Houston office for an inquiry and they replied him that my case is under review and they have to perform some additional review and its taking them little longer and contact them after six months if i haven't received anything.

I took couple of infopass appointments to local office and that is why they just want me to relax and not disturb them.

Also, my lawyer advised me to file a civil case against them. I am hesitating to file one because i don't want to heat up situation but i its been so long that i am thinking do it.

just recd a letter from the gc office that someone is actively processing my case and that if i dont receive any decision or a notice of action then to call back after 90 days to the 1-800 number or to make an infopass and speak with an IO at Garden city. does this means that there will be some positive progress in my case?

just recd a letter from the gc office that someone is actively processing my case and that if i dont receive any decision or a notice of action then to call back after 90 days to the 1-800 number or to make an infopass and speak with an IO at Garden city. does this means that there will be some positive progress in my case?

Sounds like we are in the same situation but surely don't know if they are really working on our cases. My congressman even told me that my name check has been cleared but its pending in some other security check. God knows how many agencies its goes through.

i think my security checks are complete coz a couple of weeks ago i got the same kind of letter saying review when they always said backgrd check in my previous rsponse to letters and infopass.have u trie writing to all senator,congressman,the dist dir and so on. i think you should in my opinion if u havent atleast with all the query's ur case will be actively processed.

the letter i recd from the garden city office a couple of days ago said the officer information unit. could this be a response to one of my letters?:confused: because it says a service provided for my query. but the last infopass i did was 45 days ago.

that's their standard replay to everyone writing to them....nothing new, i got this couple times nothing happens yet

i got those garbages before and after that pending thing changed to me, both.

don't expect USCIS to know what they are doing, if want Card early coming out, then push harder, at any ways.

I have two different dates from USCIS for my case update. My lawyer called USCIS and spoke to some one as i mentioned above and got a 45 day wait timeand he also emailed local Houston office for an inquiry and they replied him that my case is under review and they have to perform some additional review and its taking them little longer and contact them after six months if i haven't received anything.

I took couple of infopass appointments to local office and that is why they just want me to relax and not disturb them.

Also, my lawyer advised me to file a civil case against them. I am hesitating to file one because i don't want to heat up situation but i its been so long that i am thinking do it.

Keep on bothering them !!! Don't let go !!! Either they are going to make it move forward or they are going to make it disappear. I believe it will move forward.-

Look for a thread I will be starting on the US Citizenship Forum with sample letters to send to different US officials.

just recd a letter from the ombudsman that i would receive a letter from the uscis in 45 days if not to get back to them. i remember getting this same standard letter i\when i wrote to them the last time and then got a response in 20 days.

same standard reply, response is nothing.

i got 1 letter from Federal plaza yesterday, "we are actively processing your case and if you dont receive any decision .........blah blah...

that garbages seem likes to be endless except what i want, GC.

did u make an infopass or did u write to them? is that why they sent u the letter? did they say to wait 90 more days? i am thinking of going to Garden city this week.

just recd a letter from the uscis in response to my letter to uscis director that the case is pending review.

Last edited by a moderator: