FBI Name Check

Just got my GC...oh boy, it's long waiting. I am almost running out patience
I think you should get yours soon.

did u make an infopass or did u write to them? is that why they sent u the letter? did they say to wait 90 more days? i am thinking of going to Garden city this week.

those were their responses for my Inforpass I believe, i had 2 inforpass in pass weeks.

well, nothing new.

Last edited by a moderator:
and im gonna write to those ppl and departments as someone did here, if it still doesn't work out in reasonable time, i definitely don't hesitate to file lawsuit against them for sure.

It's time to make change, fight what you deserve for.

Just got my GC...oh boy, it's long waiting. I am almost running out patience
I think you should get yours soon.

Its really nice to hear that someone is out of process. I applied in the same month as you did but in Houston office but i was interviewed in the month of April 2007 because they requested some additional documents. Well, i am hoping mine get done soon too because per my congressman NC has been cleared and its pending in some other security clearance.

I met this guy in Houston who works for immigration deportation dept. He told me there can be many reasons behind your case delay. Every case which is on wait time for name check is assigned to officer and when he approves it another superior has to sign it too. And some times they relocate people for short time up to six months and case will sit on their desk until assigned to someone else which is only going to happen when you bug them alot.

He seems to be a nice guy and had all the sympathy with me but he said there is so much paperwork they have to go through that sometimes they lose your file sometimes they misplace it and sometimes officer forgets about it.

Just want to share information which i got from a person who works there.

Result: in order for you to get through this KEEP BUGGING THEM

just gor a letter from Garden city to submit medicals before march 9th. can i get it doen say tommoroow and submit by the end of the week? i already waited long enough dont want to wait any longer.

I had an interview with a different IO than the one on Nov, However we did the oath then she explained that we had an Interview done in November 08 and that was for the review of the I-130 then the IO passed file to her for the I-485 review, She said they will do last name check which they have a record of 2 times but it has 6 months then it expires so she will do last one and in 30 days if i didn't here from them get an info pass and go see her after taking an Info pass appointment. she also said it's not going to be conditional GC cuz I've been married for over 3 years and in 3 years from issuing date on the card I can apply for citizenship. I asked her how long is that name check is going to take and if it's a FBI name check that takes forever she said no it's a minimal background check and that's the last thing they need to do and there will be no more biometrics needed or pictures to take so I hope this 30 days pass quick with my
GC in the mail. "fingers & toes" crossed.

hey hummus,
i think u are all set. dont worry too much. wait for a couple of weeks and make an infopass and see what is going on.I am sure you will have ur GC by then anyways.

for those who were asked to do their medicals again after a long wait like me, did ur letter say to mail to the Uscis office and also attn DAO and his/her name. i am wondering if that is the adjudicating officer and if that is the final stage of my process caoz i also have expired FPs. i am just getting tensed and restless now. i have had enough of waiting. like i said before i dont think i will feel anything when i get the GC.

Hi unlucky girl, my case was kinda similar to yours and I feel your pain. read this carefully : take an infopass @ garden city on any given friday. When you go there ask for MRS Gorby (she is a DAO and she is as nice as she could be). Tell her that you were referred to her by a person that she interviewed for adjustment of status "Denise", and tell her how I was impressed with her knowledge, her manurism, her attitude..........
She is the nicest and the most informative lady I have ever encountered throughout my journey with USCIS. She likes compliments (not cheesy ones), try to be sincere and make eye contact.
the rason why I wanted you to go on friday, is because she doesnt interview people on friday. (she told me that).
Try to contact her, after all u have nothing to lose, and I truthfully hope she can serve you and end you agony with them.
let us know how it went
Good luck.

thanks francly
i will definetely do that. I am going for medicals today. I thought i will get it done with and send it ASAP that way i am approved sooner. I am only hoping. I was going to go this week but then i know they will say we sent request for medicals. i will go prob next week once the medicals reach them i will talk to the mentioned DAO then. Thank you so much.

hey guys , I am curious to know if being scheduled for an interview means all the checks are cleared or I maybe asked to wait even after my AOS interview is approved, I heard its a new rule that they dont give out an interview date if the name check isnt cleared, correct me if I am wrong...thanks!

just gor a letter from Garden city to submit medicals before march 9th. can i get it doen say tommoroow and submit by the end of the week? i already waited long enough dont want to wait any longer.

well, sure you can, do that ASAP, after that shortly they will give you an appointment letter for your expired Fingers print. I have exactly same situation as you.

I got my Re medical notice 11/2008 and submitted it couple days later. 2 weeks after that i got Re FPs notice and have it done.

letters sent to USCIS like ppl did here to request them do their job last week.

i gonna give them 1 month to respond if still nothing there, then WOM following.

for those who were asked to do their medicals again after a long wait like me, did ur letter say to mail to the Uscis office and also attn DAO and his/her name. i am wondering if that is the adjudicating officer and if that is the final stage of my process caoz i also have expired FPs. i am just getting tensed and restless now. i have had enough of waiting. like i said before i dont think i will feel anything when i get the GC.

my Re medical notice letter asked me to send it to USCIS Garden City and Attn : AOSection 245, instead of any person.

hey lawmanfox,
my letter says the garden city address and below says to write attn: D.A.O (name). also how long ago did u do resubmit your medicals? i did mine yesterday will mail it when i get the results. did u make an infopass may be u should go and ask for the dao francly was talking about. in one of his previous posts. does'nt hurt right...?

hey lawmanfox,
my letter says the garden city address and below says to write attn: D.A.O (name). also how long ago did u do resubmit your medicals? i did mine yesterday will mail it when i get the results. did u make an infopass may be u should go and ask for the dao francly was talking about. in one of his previous posts. does'nt hurt right...?

i did mine last Dec. and Fedexed them 3 days later after i got the result. for me it took 2 days to get the result.

well, i am not interested in doing any inforpass any more, i mailed all my letters to ppl might help and sit back, i gonna give them 1 month, then WOM them if nothing happens, WOM is the best way to push them to do their job, it's gonna cost me $350 only. inforpass in Garden City is helpless coz they NEVER care about what's happening to you, never. i did that over 20 times and tried supervisor, DAO....., 1 thing im gonna tell you, i don't think they will let you talk to any DAO without a letter from them. 1 sure thing could help left there is WOM. that's all.

again it's time to fight instead of waiting and crying. We are expecting our baby now and can't waste any time on this mess caused by USCIS. im gonna do WOM by my own next month.