FBI Name Check

did u write to the congressman in your area? coz from what i read from these posts they almost always reply not that it helps in the outcome in any way.

just got a letter from the congressman's office saying 'pending review'.what does this mean?

Hey unlucky_girl,

what I understand about "pending review" means that your case was assigned to an officer after name check have been done.

For my story, I did 1 info pass at federal plaza on 04/2008, and was told my case was pending review (previous info pass their excuse is always "security check pending). Obviously my status was "upgraded" to "pending review" from "security Check pending"

after 3 months that infopass, I got a letter asking me redo medical exam, i have done that and sent it to Garden City, now they are saying that they mailed me a Fingers Print appointment letter which i haven't got yet.

So i think you are going to get a letter for undate I 693 form soon. after that you have to redo your finger print before that officer finally approve your "pending review" case.

finally some change in the response from them. like u said it was "background check pending" before now it says "pending review". i am going to wait for the response to my letters.

Hey unlucky_girl,

what I understand about "pending review" means that your case was assigned to an officer after name check have been done.

For my story, I did 1 info pass at federal plaza on 04/2008, and was told my case was pending review (previous info pass their excuse is always "security check pending). Obviously my status was "upgraded" to "pending review" from "security Check pending"

after 3 months that infopass, I got a letter asking me redo medical exam, i have done that and sent it to Garden City, now they are saying that they mailed me a Fingers Print appointment letter which i haven't got yet.

So i think you are going to get a letter for undate I 693 form soon. after that you have to redo your finger print before that officer finally approve your "pending review" case.

I got the I693 and did it again, it cost $260. how far is it to get GC in hand?

how long are medicals valid? i had mine in dec 2006

I had mine in 06/09/2006. My case was approved on 12/03/2008 (two weeks ago). I was never asked to do these medical exams again. I guess there is no expiration date for medicals.
Are there any responses to the letters you mailed?

yes waiting 2006
i recd response from the congressman saying that "the case is pending review". in my last infopass the lady at the infopass said that the last update was on dec 1 2008 so i am assuming the security check are completed.

I have received a response from senator saying case is under review and a week after "yesterday" I received a letter with an interview appointment on Jan,09 but the name on the letter is not mine, however all the other information like A# and file# are mine? any advice on what to do. Thanks

i think it is good news. i heard of cases where they have been called for a second interview i think to stamp the passport. did they ask u to bring the passport.

by the way hummus whose name is on the letter? is it ur spouse name? could that be the reason for the confusion in ur case. i would make an infopass and check what is going on? maybe the interview was not for u and it was just a mistake. i would inquire about the case ASAP. i have not heard of people being interviewed three times. at the second interview u are either approved or denied as far as i know. i could be wrong.

by the way hummus whose name is on the letter? is it ur spouse name? could that be the reason for the confusion in ur case. i would make an infopass and check what is going on? maybe the interview was not for u and it was just a mistake. i would inquire about the case ASAP. i have not heard of people being interviewed three times. at the second interview u are either approved or denied as far as i know. i could be wrong.

The letter came on my father's name, dont know why? He has a total diffrent case not based on marriage and been denied the A# in the letter is mine. I did take an infopass on Jan 2nd trying to get the name taken care of before my interview on Jan 26th which has a check list that came with the letter asking to bring all the documents that were submmited with the aplication .however I thought I was approved on my 2nd interview but the IO told me you will hear from us in 30 days. wishr me luck.

I wonder if it is a good sign close to get your GC by doing second medical test?

who knows, don't think there is any credit with USCIS. i did redo I693 and sent to them last month, im going to do second Fringers print next week, with the lettter they sent me yesterday.

don't know what and when gonna happen next...

i totally get sick of this thing....

what does the case under review mean? the letter from the congressman's office says the constituents case is under review and they cannot speculate the time frame? is that the standard wording that the uscis sends? does that mean thatthe checks are completed? i hope so. i hope the letters that i sent to these people does the job.

hey jefkorn,
As in response to my inquiries, the congressional liaison emailed back to congressman;s office that my case was under review blah blah.. and doesn't qualify under the memo and there're "unresolved issues" and no time estimate could be given on how long it would take
i have the same reply from the congressman's office. have u got ur green card as yet?

what does the case under review mean? the letter from the congressman's office says the constituents case is under review and they cannot speculate the time frame? is that the standard wording that the uscis sends? does that mean thatthe checks are completed? i hope so. i hope the letters that i sent to these people does the job.

Actually I got a letter saying " Your case is currently under review." I think that might be a response for me to go to infopass Garden City Office NY two weeks ago. I think it is pretty much their standard response format. It obviously is not a serious reply from immigration office.

GC process is a real mess for some people. I applied for mine back in Nov 2006 and was interviewed in April 2007 and i am still waiting any kind of response from them. I know some friends who applied after me and got their GC within 4 months and now they filed for their 10yr GC and getting ready to apply for citizenship as soon as they receive their GC again.

I contacted congressmans office here in Houston and they told me that my name check was cleared and now they are waiting for security clearance on my case and also my finger prints are already expired. I sent another email but no reply came from congressman office. I spoke to my lawyer too and he said that he feel really sorry and there is nothing he can do because USCIS process is so screwed up that they will not even tell you when and where is your case pending.

I am still waiting and don't know when wil be this over?