FBI Name Check

mamtashok,

Wow, what a great find! Let's all hope that document has the significant meaning it appears to have. Thanks for posting it.

Lardbird

Hello!
I am also stuck on NC since January 2006 and had interview in April 2006. I wrote a letter to L. Bush few months ago and got an answer today in mail from FBI.
They saying that got letter from L. Bush, when they got my case from USCIS (January 2006), it's still processing and will be ready as soon as possible.
I also did re-fingerprint a month ago.

Can this letter help me and kick FBI?:mad:

I received a letter from the FBI that they had received a letter from Laura Bush about my name check and they advised that they had completed my name check back in October 23 , 2007 , it was submitted on 31st may , i received two consecutive LUD's on my I-140 case which was filed at Nebraska , the officer who interviewed me had requested this file from Nebraska , the case status has changed to

"Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On February 4, 2008, we transferred this case I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our NEW YORK, NY location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below. "

I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE TIME I AM FED UP , I AM JUST TIRED OF FOLLOWING UP AND WRITING LETTERS

For those whose I485 has been pending for 6 months or more

http://www.ailf.org/lac/clearinghouse_mandamus.shtml#fbi

Applicants who have not filed district court actions, but otherwise meet the requirements outlined in the memo, may send a demand letter to the agency with the memo attached requesting immediate adjudication of their application. This demand letter may cause the agency to move more quickly to adjudicate the application. If it does instigate action, the letter may be helpful if the applicant then decides to file a mandamus/APA action because the agency is not implementing its new policy.

Good luck to all!

I wonder if we can just make an Infopass and get our passports stamped if we have already passed the interview.

hey keihei,
i dont mean to discourage you but i got a LUD on Jan13th which happened to be a Sunday and i am still waiting. We recently inquired at the Garden City Office and they said that the background check is pending.

infopass

i went for infopass with new memo yesterday
i asked them the status on my application, they said back ground results came back and pending review.
i didnt had to show them the new namecheck memo.
i guess i just have to wait litttle while, little good news name check done:)

new backlog

I imagine and my lawyer advises that since thousands of people are held up in the namecheck backlog and that if USCIS is going to be issuing green cards for all of us, that itself may create a new back log. Hopefully not as long as the namecheck ones.

I called Customer service Center on Feb 10 th. They sent the service request to local office. Amazingly I got the letter very next day stating again that my case is pending because required background checks have not been completed. I had written to laural bush several months ago and received a letter from FBI that my name check was pending.
I remember that my interviewer had told me 2 years ago that my finger print results cleared.
First of all these res[ponses from field offices seem to have generated automatically.
I have an infopass appointment on Friday and will go there with copy of the memo and see if I have any luck.

Hi all,

I got a "record of sworn statement in affidavit form" (I-215w) in the mail from USCIS local office today. It asks questions like if my contact info has been changed, if there's any changes to any answers I gave since my last interview, etc.

I am wondering if anyone else has got such a letter. Does this mean someone in the local office is starting to look at the cases withe name check pending more than 180 days?

Was also wondering if I should schedule an InfoPass to submit this form, even though it says on the letter that I can mail it in. Any experiences to share? Thanks tons!

Hello Everyone,

It's been several weeks since I last visited here. I'm still waiting for my Name Check to clear since Jan 2006. I had my interview in June 2006 and we were informed that everything looked good, he approved our form I-130, and we should get our green card in 3 weeks to 3 months time frame. As all of you can see how long it's been since then. Anyway, I've applied for my 3rd EAD renewal and went for so many fingerprints that it's not even funny anymore. To think that they would consolidate their database, anyway. But I still haven't given up cuz I've hired 2 lawyers and both came back with no new information...wrote letters to Senator Barbara Makulski, my Local Congressman, Laura Bush, Senator Hillary Clinton, CIS Ombudsman and have not heard back from anyone. No surprises there.

When I recently checked the status of my I485 online it said that my case is under review with an Immigration Officer and they'll notify me when a decision has been made. I remember few months ago the words said that my case is pending "required background check" now it's changed to "case under review with immigration officer." I don't know if the name check cleared or what? Or is it another one of their games to torture people like us.

I received a letter from the USCIS yesterday asking me to re-appear for my fingerprints in couple weeks (at their expense) as the finger prints they have on file for my I-485 and I-765 have expired or something. What I don't understand is that I just went there last month for my biometrics for my 3rd EAD card renewal. Why do I have to go for fingerprints again? Any ideas? I am so tired and frustrated with all this.

Thanks everyone

Here's my timeline:

12/30/2005 - Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/2005 - Received notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2005 - Date for Biometrics
02/14/2006 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD 1
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
06/28/06 - I-130 Approved
01/10/2007 - Filed for renewal EAD 2
02/15/07 - Biometrics date
03/22/07 - Received renewed EAD 2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD 3 ($340)
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD 3
02/26/2008 - Received notice to re-appear for fingerprints

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all-

Well my wife and I are in the NC boat too, only since Nov 07 though. Couple of questions.

Our I-130 was approved on day of interview. I have noticed that some people have had to have a second interview. I presume it serves the purpose of the first interview. Will we be likely to have to do this if we go past the 1+ year mark of name check land? She redid the finger prints at the infopass in Dec 07.

What status is a person in at this point? My wife was on h1b (f1 prior). We have EAD and AP. Does she still need to be working to be in status or could she stop working if we choose?

Thanks!
Just thought I would update.

We had our interview Nov 1, 2007. Everything updated except the 485. Wife went for info pass 1st week of Dec. Name check stuck, but redid finger prints while there. With no rhyme or reason, the website showed the mailed notice blurb on Feb 14, 2008. I think we filed the 485 (with everything else) around May 2007. My wife is from china and we had to leap over a j-2 waiver during this 2 year process.

Hopefully things are speeding up for everyone! Thanks for all the helpful information! Best of luck to you all

Lud

Hi all,

I asked for a service inquiry by phone to look into the delay about a week ago. I filed 485 and 130 in nov 2006. My question is... Do you get an LUD when these inquiries happen? I have an LUD of 2-18-08 on the 485 but not the 130.

Any thoughts?

- JSB

no

usually no LUD for service reqst, atleast when i placed request before.
good luck

Hi all,

I asked for a service inquiry by phone to look into the delay about a week ago. I filed 485 and 130 in nov 2006. My question is... Do you get an LUD when these inquiries happen? I have an LUD of 2-18-08 on the 485 but not the 130.

Any thoughts?

- JSB