FBI Name Check

Frustrated

I do not know what choicest words should I use to describe these bloody fools at USCIS , one officer tell me one thing and other tells me another

I have been making rounds of the uscis office on a regular basis , i went to the office on 11th january and one of the IO's told me that your case is "pending final decision" so , i sent an email to the officer who interviewed me and informed him on the status , and then again I went to the garden city office the following wednesday and some other bloke tells me they are still waiting for the file transfer

Harangued and pissed i continued malking visits till last friday every single day and they said that nebraska did not transfer the file yet , and asked me to call nebraska , so i called nebraska and they say that inform that officer to call us and we will send the file

then i keep calling the customer service and talk to level 2 and they say oh we sympathise with you which is pretty much their ususal BS and I request them if by any means they can send an email to that officer , they say we cannot !!! one of the officer's even advised me to call the congressman , can you believe that !! as if the its the congressman's job to get cases moving

So i started writing to the uscis ombudsman's office daily and last monday someone from the ombudsman office called me and talked to me for over an hour , and said that they are looking into the case and said something will definitely move

I also sent emails and letters by registered mail to the uscis district director at NY , the officer who interviewd me and to the supervisor section 245 ( not to mention i havebeen sending lettter to the IO past 5 months )

is there anything else i can do ? can anyone suggest , help , advise please

i know how it feels franticsky. i am tired of waiting and checking my email. it is as if everyone is getting prompt response after the interview except me. i have been marreid for almost 7 years and have a son too. my I140 got delayed and then when my husband became a USC we decided to go with this application and i withdrew that. what a blunder. i would prob have got my GC under I140 by now. My second interview went well no problems and he said he is ging to approve it. it is almost 2 months now and except for an LUd on my I485 nothing really has happened. My lawyer is going to write to them this week and i dont think the response will be anytime soon. i will wait for a week more and them make a infopass. really really frustrated. i hope we both get our approvals and GC soon.:):)

i know how it feels franticsky. i am tired of waiting and checking my email. it is as if everyone is getting prompt response after the interview except me. i have been marreid for almost 7 years and have a son too. my I140 got delayed and then when my husband became a USC we decided to go with this application and i withdrew that. what a blunder. i would prob have got my GC under I140 by now. My second interview went well no problems and he said he is ging to approve it. it is almost 2 months now and except for an LUd on my I485 nothing really has happened. My lawyer is going to write to them this week and i dont think the response will be anytime soon. i will wait for a week more and them make a infopass. really really frustrated. i hope we both get our approvals and GC soon.:):)

I can understand your situation , did you also have your interview at garden city ?? i tell u the guys there are real A*......( i do not have words to describe them)

I suggest also write a letter to Andrea Quarantilo , she is the district director , telling you from my experience they do not care for your letters , i have been writing 3 letters to the IO who interviewd me and numerous emails every month for the past 5 months , just wanted to ask you did the officer mention anything about your second A file (based on 140) ?? or did he already have it ??

he did not mention anything about it at the interview and since this was my secod interview i am sure he had it coz at one point he looked into my file and asked me why i did abandon the I140 and i told him the reason and he said Ok

he did not mention anything about it at the interview and since this was my secod interview i am sure he had it coz at one point he looked into my file and asked me why i did abandon the I140 and i told him the reason and he said Ok

Ok , then I think he has your file , did you go to the garden city office and ask them what is going on ? because at garden city office you can just walk in and get ur case status info

Last edited by a moderator:
on my way out he even told me he is going to approve it and no mention of name check being incomplete. i dont think that is the reason. any way i will hope fully know soon. i am not going to keep quiet any more. Fortunately we live about 10 mins fron Garden City so hounding them would not be difficult. i wonder when all this is going to be over. by the way was ur I130 approved?

on my way out he even told me he is going to approve it and no mention of name check being incomplete. i dont think that is the reason. any way i will hope fully know soon. i am not going to keep quiet any more. Fortunately we live about 10 mins fron Garden City so hounding them would not be difficult. i wonder when all this is going to be over. by the way was ur I130 approved?

he mentioned that he is approving the 130 , but i havent received any approval notice , generally the 130 approval comes along with the GC approval so I am not worried about that

Yes.

I believe so especially if you give a timeline of other efforts you have tried before contacting him/her. Give exacts dates of your letters to CIS Ombudsman, laura bush, the senator, congressman and the IO.

Yes

My friend send a letter to District Director and mentioned that he will be suing if issue is not resolved in 30 days. He got approved in 15-20 days.

Thanks

Thanks for that info Mthakker and Punjab , I sent out a registered letter and also an email to the USCIS DISTRICT DIRECTOR , highlighting everything , however I did not mention anything about a WOM etc because it has not been a year since my application was filed

I have been writing to the Ombudsman's office regularly and last Monday I received a call from them and they said that they are looking into my case as to what is going on and asked me to wait for 45 days to get a response , do you guys think that something will move ?

Also my congressman's office contacted the immigration through the congressional unit and they advise that they have requested the file again..

Let me also share a very interesting thing

I went to the local office on 18th January , that was a Friday and an IO looked at my case and informed me that my case is pending final decision , so I asked him that the officer was waiting for a file has he received it , he said may yes because then ur status wud not show as pending final decision

After that I sent an email to the IO who interviewed me requesting him if I can get a temporary stamp on my passport so that I can go and visit my mother who is very very sick .

I went to the Immigration again on wednesday and a different immigration officer informed me that that are still waiting for the file

Do you guys think that something here is not right ? may be that officer has again changed back the status , i dont know i may be wrong , but I am so frustrated now that i am just wondering if he has done it to get me off his back so that he can work on my case when the NY district office starts processing applications close to my filing date , currently they are processing april 30 , 07 and mine was file May 23 , 07

Any thoughts guys ? also please advise what else can I do

If your Mom is sick back home; why don't you apply for a Travel Document.
You can get it in the same day just justify that you have to go visit your mom because she is very ill. My friend did it last summer.

I have new update dates on my case

Hi all,

I just saw online that my I-485 and I-130 have new update date as of 01/27/2008. But there is no detail for what's been updated and I didn't get any email neither. Does anybody have experience and know what might be going on? Would it be a sign that my namecheck is cleared?

Thank you very much!

Keihei

Keihei

Keihei

May be ur case has been finalised , coz I was seeing the NY city timelines and they were processing for april 30th , so may be ur case has been adjudicated

all the best , call customer service and ask or take an infopass

Did you have ur interview at federal plaza or garden city ? I had the interview too on august 22nd 2007 at garden city, ny

Okay- I mentioned here about Ombudsman...if they send any reply or what not. Someone mentioned I believe name is escaping me right now, but you got the approval recently.

ok- they didn't give me any case #. rather said I would hear something from USCIS within 45 days if not then to contact Ombusdman again...and it was letter how the issue that I brought up (name check) will help them in suggesting more improvements in USCIS policies or some such.

Did anyone get such reply from the Ombudsman?

I had another update date this Sunday

I just saw another new LUD on my I-485. It's 2/3/2008, sunday again. So I saw two continuous LUD on Sundays, 1/27/2008, 2/3/2008. But no details, no emails. I am really curious....

I had the exact same reply from thier office. Unfortunately I have not recd any reponse from USCIS and it has been over 90 days .
Seems to me a waste of time to contact Ombudsman. Pretty much like the queen of England , has all the Royalty but no power.

Okay- I mentioned here about Ombudsman...if they send any reply or what not. Someone mentioned I believe name is escaping me right now, but you got the approval recently.

ok- they didn't give me any case #. rather said I would hear something from USCIS within 45 days if not then to contact Ombusdman again...and it was letter how the issue that I brought up (name check) will help them in suggesting more improvements in USCIS policies or some such.

Did anyone get such reply from the Ombudsman?