FBI Name Check

how did you find out that your NC had been cleared?

Infopass 2 weeks ago and the IO officer told me that, he said I'm pending final decision now.
My online case status on uscis.gov a has not been updated for over a year though...sigh..

It's finally over for me!!!

U can see my timeline in my signuture. Just couple days ago I was so depressed and upset as it was over 90 days since my interview and I haven't heard anything fom them yet:(.I was also thinking about making an infopass appointment one of these days.But yesterday I got an email saying that a notice mailed welcoming a new permanent resident:D. Andtoday I got another LUD saying that the card productuon was ordered:D.I guess that my name got cleared!!!I can finally start planning my trip to my homecountry.

Charlotte folks,
I have been away from this forum for a while---
Any updates from Charlotte DO folks who got recently re-fingerprinted?

Based on the messages here, seems like there is a trend in Charlotte wherein they are calling couples for 2nd interview if the Marriage is over 2-yrs-old --- even if the 130 got approved based on previous interview.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I was re-fingerprinted last week and today my I-485 status changes saying

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I learned a lot from your experiences. I haven't actively participated in the discussion but definitely have visited this forum regulary since last couple of years.

Goodluck all.

Oh nice, only one week after!!.. I was re-fingerprinted almost 3 weeks ago...i can't wait :)

Card Production ordered.

On last saturday, I received the approval notice to my I-485 and it also mentioned that the production of the green card has been ordered. According to the letter, I should receive the GC in 3 weeks.

From experience, can anybody if GC arrives in 3 weeks after card production order?

Just want to update that I was approved on March 2007.
Someone please updated the table.
02/14/06 12/01/05 10/20/05 China appleyao

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 28, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

WOW... its hard to describe what i am feeling now!!! ... I waited 941 days for this email!

Congratulations Blackstripes.

You should soon get another email with card production ordered in 3 days or so.

Congratulations!!!! (I waited about 16 months for that email)

Hello All..
I was stuck in the name check process Since May 2006.
Recently , I got a RFE for performing my TB Skin Test. In the letter it was written - to process your case more efficiently, you may drop off your documents in person.
If you are unable to do so..you may send them by postal mail..
I decided to go in person..Gave my results (sealed envelope) and the office said that my case has been approved...

The only thing i did was to call USCIS Customer Service and talked to a representative. I did not mention anything about Namecheck..I requested them to see what is happening with my case..and the rep said that my case will be looked into by an immigration officer..
Maybe thats what triggered the RFE...

Anyway...According to the Office that I spoke to told me that I should be getting the actual card in 2 months....

On last saturday, I received the approval notice to my I-485 and it also mentioned that the production of the green card has been ordered. According to the letter, I should receive the GC in 3 weeks.

From experience, can anybody if GC arrives in 3 weeks after card production order?

From my experience, my GC arrived 7 days (3 business days) after the the card ordered email.

Approval Notice

Yay:D . Atlast it seems like my case is approved. I saw changes in both my I-130 and I-485

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent

On January 28, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

I was interviewed on Oct 2005 and at that time we were only married for a year. Does that mean i will get conditional green card. If so since it has been more than 3 yrs now. can i change it after i receive conditional with infopass or something or should i have to wait till 2 yrs. What is the ADIT processing mentioned above in the status.

Push one more time

Anyone can recommend a good Immigratiion lawyer who is capable of helping fill WOM in San Fransico or Bay Area? What is average fee to file the case?

Thanks

I know you are frustrated and waiting probably very long time. But Can I suggest you try and give one more time a push? As you can see, the namechecks are getting cleared. In begining of december FBI and USCIS made some procedural and staffing changes to decrease the wait time and the backlog. (There was also a bill introduced in house to limite the wait time for namecheck to 6 months. Although the bill won't move ahead, there is some legislative attention on this issue). Have you written letters to the immigration officer you interviewed, the director of local office (in addition to your congressman, senator, laura bush, CIS ombudsman etc)?

I recommend trying one more time. Make an infopass appt, may be your NC is cleared and they are just sitting on your file. Make some noise and my hope is you will get some attention. Goodluck. (This effort and documentation thereof, is also needed for WOM. So in this way, you will making your case stronger.)

Update on my case

APPROVAL.FINALLY...

Here is my time line.
Filed Feb 13th 2006
Reciept Feb 16th 2006
Namecheck begun Feb 27th 2006
Biometrics taken April 26th 2006
Interview Marriage based petition May 3rd 2006
Approved based upon namecheck.
July 26th 2007 Fingerprints Expire
Oct 23rd 2007 I-130 approved
Dec 26th 2007 Notice to reappear for Biometrics
Jan 9th 2008 Biometrics redone.
Jan 29th 2008 Recieved mystery phone call from USCIS with no message left on the voice mail.
Jan 30th 2008 My birthday :D
Jan 30th 2008 Called USCIS to find out who called me an why @ 9am
Jan 30th 2008 USCIS called an wished me a Happy Birthday an Congratulations your approved for your 10yr greencard @ 3.15pm
Jan 30th 2008 Attorney calls to tell me the news @ 6.15pm

Oh my what a journey

You should soon get another email with card production ordered in 3 days or so.

Congratulations!!!! (I waited about 16 months for that email)

thanks!! And you were right on...

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service."

LadyAust, Congrats!!!!

thanks!! And you were right on...

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service."

I have a different status online than what was posted by blackstripes.

"Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent

On January 28, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. ......"

today i got another email saying card ordered. mthakkar seems like our status changed almost at the same time. can you please update me when you get the card in mail.

Congratulations

Last edited by a moderator: