FBI Name Check

Thank you so much for your help- we'll schedule another appt today. I want so much to be excited for this, but after years of set-backs and the inability to get any answers or help....well, you know!

Good luck with your case!!!

new memo

I had an appointment for Biometrics today at St albans office and asked to speak with an IO which they were very nice to do. She looked through my file in detail and said that it was still pending name check. I asked her about the new regualtion allowing cases to be processed if waiting for > 6 months. She advised me that it has been rescinded and that final decision on that is not made. THe local offices do not have the go ahead yet.

- JSB

New Memo Policy...Really Helped.

I just want to let everyone know that the new name check policy is really taking effect. I just got two email from USCIS stating that 'welcome letter has been mailed" and that "New card production has been order and to allow them 30 days to be mailed" ..Finally I got great news after a lengthy process...Dont give up and dont lose hope..i also got an email from USCIS during the week stating that they plan to approve all pending name checks over 180 days by mid-March..it says to wait until then before you make an INFOPASS appointment. " FrenchMaid" if you're still reading this forum..i hope you get great news as well..since our timelines were about the same.

here's my timelines:

Nov 20 2006 - I-130 approved
Feb 26 2007 - I-485 receipt date
March 15 2007 - Biometrics Taken
may 15 2007 - RFE
May 30 2007 - Work permit approved
August 3 2007 - 1st Interview...got Issue w/my Visa and Passport
Sept. 19or20th - 2nd Interview approved pending Name Check : (
Feb 22 2008 - Welcome Letter in Mail..& Production of New card.

Did USCIS send you a seprate email about InofPass and mid march deadline?

Great news! Congratulations. My case is also with NSC transferred from TSC.

Did USCIS send you an email explaining their new name check policy? Was that in response to an inquiry that you sent them? If you don't mind can you please share the email with us?

Usually they will just send the approval emails.

i also got an email from USCIS during the week stating that they plan to approve all pending name checks over 180 days by mid-March..it says to wait until then before you make an INFOPASS appointment. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! Congratulations. My case is also with NSC transferred from TSC.

Did USCIS send you an email explaining their new name check policy? Was that in response to an inquiry that you sent them? If you don't mind can you please share the email with us?

Usually they will just send the approval emails.

My PC has deleted that email i got from USCIS but it was under Press Room on their Website..i just found out that they had pulled it from their site for revisions but it will be posted again in a few days. here's a couple of links where you can see the FAQ about the new name check policy.

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=24696 ----this is in PDF format..if that doesnt work..follow this link and click on latest post by user name " Koku1 "
http://www.trackitt.com/discussion-forums/i485-1/71379215/last-page/

Holy Crap!! Got approved today :)
In NC since April '07. Interviewed in July '07.

Since the interview, I've written to my interviewing officer three times, 2 senators and first lady. The last letter I sent to the IO, I sent it certified and included the recent memo.

Now for the strange part, here is how I got the approval: a letter from the DO that doesn't look too official. But it was a nicely written letter that says, as of the date on the letter I'm a LPR! No online updates, but letter says card production was ordered. I can also schedule an infopass, and get my passport stamped, which I am doing on Tuesday.

I dont know if my continuous letter writing helped, but based on the unusual method of approval * I would say maybe, of course the biggest thing most probably, is the new policy. I guess its being implemented! I will ask about it when I go to the infopass and let you all know what they say.

This forum has been great. I would have been lost without it. Thanks so much everyone.

* I should clarify here, by unusual method of approval, I simply mean unusual method of informing me.

Since the interview, I've written to my interviewing officer three times, 2 senators and first lady. The last letter I sent to the IO, I sent it certified and included the recent memo.

Now for the strange part, here is how I got the approval: a letter from the DO that doesn't look too official. But it was a nicely written letter that says, as of the date on the letter I'm a LPR! No online updates, but letter says card production was ordered. I can also schedule an infopass, and get my passport stamped, which I am doing on Tuesday.

I dont know if my continuous letter writing helped, but based on the unusual method of approval I would say maybe, of course the biggest thing most probably, is the new policy. I guess its being implemented! I will ask about it when I go to the infopass and let you all know what they say.

This forum has been great. I would have been lost without it. Thanks so much everyone.

Hi Sak7777,

How did you find the address of your DO? I have my DO's name, but not sure his exact mailing address. Thank you very much.

The address in on USCIS website, they list addresses for all the do's . If you want to write to your IO, it would just be his name and then the DO address.

congratulatios !

I dont know if my continuous letter writing helped, but based on the unusual method of approval * I would say maybe, of course the biggest thing most probably, is the new policy. I guess its being implemented! I will ask about it when I go to the infopass and let you all know what they say.

* I should clarify here, by unusual method of approval, I simply mean unusual method of informing me.

I am going to do what you did. once again congratulations !

Thanks LargoLargo. I wish you the best of luck, our timelines are almost identical, so I hope yours comes through soon.

My I-485 is pending since February 2005. Had an interview in August 2005. Since then I was told then my case is pending because of the name check backlog.

Anyway, I called USCIS as soon as I came to learn about that USCIS memo. I was told by an immigration officer that I should expect to receive something by mail within March 10th. Last week I received a letter asking me to go to USCIS support center to provide my Fingerprint and Pictures again for my I-485.

I was also told that, if I do not receive anything by March 10th I should call them again.

Just out of curiosity, everyone in the name-check pool, when you check your case online, does the status say something like "We received you application on [DATE] status: pending"?

Or does it say that is pending the name check?
thanks

Ok Everyone I have good news for all of you!

It is confirmed, they have started approving, even without name check results. I just got my passport stamped.

After the IO stamped my passport, I asked her to check on my name check results.

She was surprised to see that it wasn't completed, and I still got the approval letter. She told me she didn't realize "they" were going to start implementing the new policy so soon.

I asked her about the lack of online updates, she said those didn't matter since my case was approved locally.

So...its happening! Good luck everyone, I'm sure your letters are coming.

sak7777,

Congratulations!

Where?

Did you get an approval letter that asked you to appear with your passport?

Were your fingerprints current?

Congrats again,
Lardbird

Local offices but may be not the Service centers?

Would you mind sharing your case details?

Receipt Date, originally applies at service center or local office, which local office, EB? etc

I have a feeling that local offices have started processing the cases after the memo but the service centers are still in the process of identifying the cases affected or extremely slow.

Thanks
Ok Everyone I have good news for all of you!

It is confirmed, they have started approving, even without name check results. I just got my passport stamped.

After the IO stamped my passport, I asked her to check on my name check results.

She was surprised to see that it wasn't completed, and I still got the approval letter. She told me she didn't realize "they" were going to start implementing the new policy so soon.

I asked her about the lack of online updates, she said those didn't matter since my case was approved locally.

So...its happening! Good luck everyone, I'm sure your letters are coming.

god knows when this ordeal will be over , my name check cleared back in november , the officer was waiting for a file and he has it , since 11th feb 08 , still my case is pending :mad:

When would be our turn to be green?

I really hope We get the good news soon, at least there is hope for us pending NC.