Expedited Passport

PP applied: 6/21 (Expedited both ways)
Checks cashed: 6/25
Showed Online status as 'Regular': 6/25
Online Message Changed to 'Expedite': 6/26
Approved : 7/13
Received: 7/14 (Today)
Took a total of 22 days.

I applied on 06/23, expedited and express mail both ways. Still didn't received it.

should be any day now

The online message is updated after 12 hours or so. My PP was mailed on July 13th but the online message did not change until July 14th. IF you call them , they have the latest info.

My online status has changed to 'Processed' only 3 days after I have received my passport. Hope this helps.

Do one thing: Request Refund of Expedite fee...check out travel.state.gov

The website is a bit vague on who is eligible for a refund when it says "if you believe you did not receive expedited service". edgrapes got his passport in less than a month and that seems expedited to me compared to the 3 months that routine service is taking these days. Is there any guideline anywhere that says that anything over 2-3 weeks is not expedited service ? I would like to know because in that case I might be eligible to a refund myself if I don't get my passport within the next week :p

-KM

Do one thing: Request Refund of Expedite fee...check out travel.state.gov

I am not planning to do so. First of all, they were only off by 2 business days, since 4 of July was a holiday. Second, I was informed by the people, who took my application, that it takes approximately 4 weeks now in my area. And the last and most important, they did a fairly good job, comparing to USCIS. Do you know any place where I can request a refund from USCIS for delaying my N400 application for over a year? I wouldn't mind to get my application fee and some sort of compensation for all the useless time spent on the phone, Infopass appointments and lazy people who work for that disfunctional organization. Let's be fair to people who are working hard and be more harsh with those who hardly working. Regards.

I have my oath on 27th July and I need to travel on 13th Aug. This means that I cannot expect expedited service to deliver the passports as well.

I'd need to get an appointment at San Francisco passport office and try to get the passport in a day.

Any experience with this process?

Thanks,

Tips For US Passport

* TIPS FOR US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................APR 27th 07
IL Scheduled..................JUN 7th 07
N 445 Received...............JUN 13th 07
Oath Ceremony..............JUL 10th 07 :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....JUL 10th 07 "Took 5 Mins"
Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 Overnight + Expedited $190

Passport Received...........?¿?¿?¿?

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

The website is a bit vague on who is eligible for a refund when it says "if you believe you did not receive expedited service". edgrapes got his passport in less than a month and that seems expedited to me compared to the 3 months that routine service is taking these days. Is there any guideline anywhere that says that anything over 2-3 weeks is not expedited service ? I would like to know because in that case I might be eligible to a refund myself if I don't get my passport within the next week :p

-KM

I agree.. It took 6 weeks for my wife and daughter toget their passport, although we had asked for expedited service. I asked for a refund, but no response yet. :)

1-3-1, 9-3-1 trick

"1-3-1, 9-3-1 trick" worked for me. Called for passport status 1-877-482-2778 today for the hell of it since online case status didn't have any information. Got a hold of a newbie , status = my passport is ready and mailed out!. How accurate, still to be seen

Don't Forget * TIPS/Tricks FOR US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 Overnight + Expedited $190

Passport Received...........?¿?¿?¿?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick turn around on passport SFO

I took the oath on July 10th and posted my passport application after the ceremony (on site at the SF Mansonic Hall)

I received my US passport today out of the blue!! I was amazed how quick the process took.

Sworn in for citizenship on July 6 at Montebello, CA. Subsequently, I applied passport on site with USPS. Passport was received today, July 18.

Hmmm, my status again changed back to routine service. Called Customer service yesterday, on their system it is showing expedite. Almost 4 weeks, still no passport.

Hmmm, my status again changed back to routine service. Called Customer service yesterday, on their system it is showing expedite. Almost 4 weeks, still no passport.

gg11, I am assuming you are somewhere near Baltimore. I am near Philly and I guess I would come under the same passport processing agency. So far it's been 2.5 weeks since I applied and the status still says expedited. I will keep an eye on it to see if changes back to routine. Also when you filled out your passport application did you list a date of departure for an upcoming trip ? If you leave that blank I have heard that they assume you have no need for expedited service. I put in a random date in mid-August (I was indeed hoping to make a trip in mid-August but don't have tickets booked yet).

-KM

We are travelling on 08/08. I did mention that on the application.
Ya, we come under washington agency.
We applied for my daughter's passport on 03/30 routine service, still no passport, they say it is still under process.

If we don't get it by next week. We have to go to DC.

Do they assign you to one of the agencies depending on your location (like they assign DOs during the naturalization process) ? In that case I must come under the Philadelphia agency. I don't know how backlogged they are. Will have to wait to find out.

-KM

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be 4 weeks for my expedited passport in couple of days. I am in MD so I guess we are in the agency that is really behind compare to some others..

Got My US Passport

Yupee, got my US PASSPORT today, 9days total! Not bad.. Sucks that I didn't receive Certificate Of Naturalization with it. So I called status line (1-877-487-2778) and was told that I should be getting it within a week.

Summary:
- Passport application was sent via USPS Columbus, Ohio on July 10th to PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101 to PUBLIC SECTOR EXP, The item was signed for by M K on July 11th.
- With passport demand at record levels my information was sent to New Orleans electronically for e-Passport printing.
- Passport received from New Orleans in a different envelope & tracking # then originally sent with passport application.

Don't Forget * TIPS/Tricks FOR US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 "2way Overnight + Expedited = $190"
ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 :p "9 Days Very Impressing"
:p
Certificate Of Naturalization Received ...........?¿?:mad: ¿?¿?

Yupee, got my US PASSPORT today, 9days total! Not bad.. Sucks that I didn't receive Certificate Of Naturalization with it. So I called status line (1-877-487-2778) and was told that I should be getting it within a week.

wow! not bad at all. Congrats. :)