Expedited Passport

Wow that is fast. I am still waiting. Have an appt tomorrow.

CSC_AOS,
Did you get your passport at the appointment? I dont understand how sometimes LA PPO is able to process certain passports in one week and others it is taking more than 4 or longer.
Do you know if your Passport Application Locator started with a 1 or a 5. Both mine and my friend's App. Locator #s started with 1 and my wife's and my daughters start with a 5.
Me and my friend and his spouse received it in about 1-1.5 weeks, but my wifes and daughters is pending for almost 4 weeks now.:confused:

Anyway, I dont know if there is some mystery behind this also. Probably stuck in some kind of new "Name Check" :)

update

Finally my status showed up online. But they it says, "When you applied, you requested Routine Service." I paid for expedited.

I guess lot people faced this issue? Did everybody got their's expedited?

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

I applied on 6/14 (expedited) and my status today indicates that the passport has been mailed to reach me by 7/3. If it *really* reaches me like they say, it is definitely 2-3 weeks if expedited.

Hope it helps.

COGNAC

Finally my status showed up online. But they it says, "When you applied, you requested Routine Service." I paid for expedited.

I guess lot people faced this issue? Did everybody got their's expedited?

I just called the 800# and in their system it does show expedited.

State dept online status:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/01/2007.

USPS tracking:
Your item was processed and left our CHARLESTON, SC 29423 facility on June 29, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

My passport status appeared online today, one week after applying. At this time it says routine service.

We applied for my daughter's passport on 03/30/07 routine service, still not received her passport.

Online mesg updated

I applied for expedited passport on 6/18. Yesterday, the online msg said processing completed.

I had not opted for overnight mailing.

Date applied: 6/18
Completed processing: 7/4
Expected delivery of passport: 7/7

If i get it by expected date, overall it only took 3 weeks (including holidays and weekends) for expedited mail.

Creased Certificate

Those who already received their passports can you please share your experience if their Naturalization Certificate was creased, folded or in bad condition. Any tips to avoid such incident???

My husband received his passport, it came back in good shape, no folding. They use priority mail envelope. I don't think you need to worry about it.

Just like the previous post, our naturalization certificates came back with no crease, fold or mutilation except for the staple mark which is done by your passport acceptance agent. However our daughter's birth certificate was folded but still in good condition, however since we have more than one copy of the birth certificate we did not pay much attention to it.

I have also heard in the news that with the new passport production facility in Hot Springs, Arkansas the passport itself is mailed from that facility while the naturalization certificate/birth certificate/supporting evidence is sent from the adjudicating office such as Charleston or New Hampshire etc....

Anybody with the above experience - receiving passport separately from the supporting evidence submitted should post their experiences on this forum since increasingly more of the new passports will be dealt in this manner.

Received passport

Today i received the ePassport in priority mail .

Applied: 6/18
Recd: 7/5

Based on my exp. they are picking up the speed.
No issues w/ passport or nat. cetificate being folded/creased

Help!

My fiance applied on March 6 (she didn't do expidited delivery). She checked her status, it said it was processed around June 13, and the post office was notified for delivery.

The post office confirms that it was notified, but won't say whether they got it, or where it's at. The gov't doesn't seem to help since they consider it to be processed.

Any suggestions? We leave for our honeymoon (hopefully) July 23. Thanks.

On saturday 07/07, I received acknowledgement from Departement of State saying that they received my application and they are processing it.
Is it new or if it an expedited service they send you an acknowledment? My husband and daughter never received anything like that in routine service.

ISO Country Codes

* Question for Naturalized US Citizens who hold US Passport.

> Does your US Passport show full name of COUNTRY OF BIRTH or just ISO Country CODE.

For Example:

JAPAN....... JPN
INDIA....... IND
PAKISTAN...PAK
RUSSIA......RAS

Last edited by a moderator:
How long after the status message initially shows up online will it change ? I applied for my passport 07/02 and on 07/06 it's status showed up online. I requested expedited processing but the message still says routine service and I guess that is normal. Will the status change anytime before the processing is complete and the passport is mailed out ?

-KM

How long after the status message initially shows up online will it change ? I applied for my passport 07/02 and on 07/06 it's status showed up online. I requested expedited processing but the message still says routine service and I guess that is normal. Will the status change anytime before the processing is complete and the passport is mailed out ?

-KM
I called their number because mine was expedited and I too saw the status as routine. The hold time was too long. So I called late at night. You call call upto midnight. And they changed the status to Expedited Service.

Guess What!! It has been over 3 weeks and I have not received my passport yet. So I called again. This time early in the morning. And the Customer Service Rep said that it will take 2 more weeks since I am not traveling outside the country. He also said I can request a refund of the $60.00 (Expedited Fee), since I did not get my passport within 3 weeks.

Once I get my passport I definitely plan on requesting the refund.

N400Applier,

I wonder why your experience has been different from that of quite a few other people who posted in this thread who got their expedited passport in 2-3 weeks (some quite recently). I wonder if the passport agency that is assigned to process your application makes a difference and some are more backlogged than others. In any case I better get my passport by the end of July because I am planning a trip outside the US in early August. If I don't get it by the last week of July I guess I will have to go to the Philadelphia passport agency and show them my tickets to speed things up.

-KM

:)

FYI :::: Online Case Status =
Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION
Current Status: Case received and pending.
LOL I Recommend /// Infopass ///

--- --- --- ---

BuT I aM

Finally A US Citizen

|* * * * * * * * * * OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
| * * * * * * * * * OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|

Columbus, Ohio

N-400 Filed.....................Mid Sept 06
FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................Apr 27th
IL Scheduled..................June 7th
N-445 Received..............June 13th
Oath Ceremony..............July 10th :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....July 10th
Passport Applied.............July 10th Overnight + Expedited $190

Passport Received...........???

I called their number because mine was expedited and I too saw the status as routine. The hold time was too long. So I called late at night. You call call upto midnight. And they changed the status to Expedited Service.

Guess What!! It has been over 3 weeks and I have not received my passport yet. So I called again. This time early in the morning. And the Customer Service Rep said that it will take 2 more weeks since I am not traveling outside the country. He also said I can request a refund of the $60.00 (Expedited Fee), since I did not get my passport within 3 weeks.

Once I get my passport I definitely plan on requesting the refund.

Mine too, appears as routine service, I requested expedited service with 2 way overnight delivery. I called them today, they said it appears as expedited in their system. We still did not receive my daughter's passport which we applied on 30th march routine service. I told them the same and told them that we are travelling on 8/8, and we need to get a visa also. The CSR said if we don't get it within 2 weeks make an appointement and go to agency.