Expedited Passport

We have done 3 passports, all expedited. Two in less than 2 weeks. One took between 2 and 3 weeks, but that was because they wanted another piece of documentation.

Are all your applications within the last 6 months or so? or better yet in 2007?
With the new requirement for passport to travel lately , the processing time maybe longer.
Thanks all !

Are all your applications within the last 6 months or so? or better yet in 2007?
With the new requirement for passport to travel lately , the processing time maybe longer.
Thanks all !
In my case:

One in June 2006, one in July 2006 and one in late November 2006. They all took about the same amount of time.

Thanks all !

Took 12 days from filing to getting the PP in mail. Filed on 01/26/07 received on 02/07/07

It took me exactly 11 days from date of application...:)

I applied today in the post office for the passport expedited! but the processing clerk told me that it will take 4 weeks to receive the passport instead to the 2 weeks stated in the passport home page. He said that the passport agency is too busy these days! I am just puzzled here! Is this this expedited or I am I wrong? how long would it take for the regular one in this case??!Anybody here with the same issue?

I applied today in the post office for the passport expedited! but the processing clerk told me that it will take 4 weeks to receive the passport instead to the 2 weeks stated in the passport home page. He said that the passport agency is too busy these days! I am just puzzled here! Is this this expedited or I am I wrong? how long would it take for the regular one in this case??!Anybody here with the same issue?

I have had the same issue. I applied on February 12 in person at a USPS for expedited processing. My $30 check was cashed, but the other check for $127 has not been cashed yet and my application does not yet appear on the State Department's online status page. When I call the number, it usually takes me one hour to get through to someone. They told me that it is currently taking between 7 to 10 BUSINESS days just for the application to appear on the system. This means I should be able to check my application online by this coming Monday (2/26) at the latest.

But, when you expedite things, your status sometimes comes on line after they've finished processing your passport. Call the 800 number on Monday. They are quite friendly.

I have had the same issue. I applied on February 12 in person at a USPS for expedited processing. My $30 check was cashed, but the other check for $127 has not been cashed yet and my application does not yet appear on the State Department's online status page. When I call the number, it usually takes me one hour to get through to someone. They told me that it is currently taking between 7 to 10 BUSINESS days just for the application to appear on the system. This means I should be able to check my application online by this coming Monday (2/26) at the latest.

I applied on Feb 7th for expedited passport and my status is now showing that it's mailed and I should receive it by the 28th. So it's taking almost 3 weeks now.

I applied on Feb 21 right after my oath at 1:30 pm at the SFO passport agency (had taken an appointment 10 days earlier). Got the passport on Feb 22nd at 11am. Costed me a total of $157.

I applied on Feb 21 right after my oath at 1:30 pm at the SFO passport agency (had taken an appointment 10 days earlier). Got the passport on Feb 22nd at 11am. Costed me a total of $157.

Did you get the new passport? I applied expedited on Feb 23rd and still my status did not show up online yet! On the passport home site, it says it usually takes 2-3 days for the status to show up. Even the $127 check is not cashed yet :confused:! Anybody has an idea? Thanks.

Did you get the new passport? I applied expedited on Feb 23rd and still my status did not show up online yet! On the passport home site, it says it usually takes 2-3 days for the status to show up. Even the $127 check is not cashed yet :confused:! Anybody has an idea? Thanks.

Sometimes the status doesn't show up until a few days before you receive the passport. Some people have said their status did not show up at all or sometimes a day before receiving the passport. I don't think there is a problem with yours. You should receive the passport early next week.

Good luck

If you look at the Passport site, it now states to give Expedited processing 7 days before it appears and 3 weeks for normal processing to show. Looks like it's going to take a little longer than usual to get our passports.

I applied for expedited processing on Feb 21st and my checks were both cashed on Feb 26th. However, online status still doesn't show up. Not worried...I'm sure it'll show up in due time. :)

Anami, could you please share the info regarding what passport agency did you apply at? I mean where is it?
Thanks!

Update on my Passport expedited processing case....

It looks like they might be back to around 2 weeks processing time? :D

Sent passport application: 02/21/07
Agency received application: 02/22/07
Checks cashed: 02/26/07
Online status appeared:03/02/07
Passport will arrive: 03/06/07