Expedited Passport

Thank God The Journey Is Over! :)

Passport Status Showed up Today as expedited but my Journey is finally over. Already Got my Passport & Natz Certificate

U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application! It is currently being processed.

Last Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date Of Birth: xx/xx/xxxx
Social Security Number: xxx-xx-xxxx
Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxx.

Passport Summary:

* Passport application was sent via USPS Columbus, Ohio on July 10th to PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101 to PUBLIC SECTOR EXP, The item was signed for by M K on July 11th.
* July 18th called the status line & I was told; With passport demand at record levels my information was sent to New Orleans electronically for e-Passport printing.
* ePassport Received received on July 19th from New Orleans in a different envelope & tracking # then originally sent with passport application.
* Certificate Of Naturalization Received July 21 in first class mail / envelope from New Orleans. Naturalization Certificate in perfect condition not creased or folded :)

Don't Forget * TIPS/Tricks FOR US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................APR 27th 07
IL Scheduled..................JUN 7th 07
N 445 Received...............JUN 13th 07
Oath Ceremony..............JUL 10th 07 :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....JUL 10th 07 "Took 5 Mins"
Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 "2way Overnight + Expedited = $190"
ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 "9 Days! Very Impressing"
Certificate Of Naturalization Received...........JUL 21 Journey Over! :cool:

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Anyone from the Philadelphia region get their expedited passport recently ? Mine has reached the upper limit of the 2-3 week timeline and I was wondering how much longer I may have to wait (I know some expedited passports took as long as 6 weeks). Also has anyone had any luck getting a refund of the $60 expedite fee ?

-KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my passport today

I got my passport today expedited and 2 way overnight service.

Date applied: 06/23/07
Date received 07/24/07

I got my passport today expedited and 2 way overnight service.

Date applied: 06/23/07
Date received 07/24/07

Congratulations GG11!! I have also applied on the same day so I should be expecting mine soon.:confused: Do you know if the status of your application online ever changed?

Did you get an ePassport?

FYI

From a press release on May 23d from the GPO.

"GPO has converted all Passport production to the new electronic Passport (e-Passport)."

Same press release celebrates the production of the 5 millionth electronic passport and says that they are printing more passports than the department of state can consume.

http://www.gpo.gov/news/2007/07news15.pdf

PS: The big news now would be if someone got an old style passport ;)

Expadited Passport

-------//////--------
------( o o )--------
-oo0---(_)-0oo---
"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

4 Expedited US Passport, please remember when you request expedited US Passport service @ USPS facility specifically ask for 2Way Overnight delivery because guess what 70% of the time they forget to ask the customers also make sure when they put your documents in the envelope make sure it's marked as expedited.

Source: Department Of State Passport Status Site.
Expedited Service: If you requested Expedited Service when you applied at an acceptance facility (e.g., Post Office or other government office) or mailed a renewal or amendment application, we will process your application and you will receive your passport within 2-3 weeks from the date you submitted your application if you also paid for 2-way overnight delivery. It may take longer for a new/renewal application if "Expedite" was not marked on the mailing envelope.

Don't Forget * TIPS/Tricks FOR US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................APR 27th 07
IL Scheduled..................JUN 7th 07
N 445 Received...............JUN 13th 07
Oath Ceremony..............JUL 10th 07 :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....JUL 10th 07 "Took 5 Mins"
Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 "2way Overnight + Expedited = $190"
ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 "9 Days! Very Impressing"
Certificate Of Naturalization Received...........JUL 21 Journey Over! :cool:
HIGH^5 :)
. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Congratulations GG11!! I have also applied on the same day so I should be expecting mine soon.:confused: Do you know if the status of your application online ever changed?

Did you get an ePassport?

Ya it changed yesterday that " we have finished processing your passport and it is mailed, you should get it by 07/25.

Now we are behind them for my daughter's passport which was applied on 03/30, routine service.

I got an e passport.

gg11,

Any idea which processing center your passport application got routed to ? Mine went to Charleston SC and now they are saying the normal processing time for expedited applications could be 4 weeks. I hope to get it within the next week.

-KM

Question?

gg11,

Any idea which processing center your passport application got routed to ? Mine went to Charleston SC and now they are saying the normal processing time for expedited applications could be 4 weeks. I hope to get it within the next week.

-KM

How did you find out where your PP is being processed??

How did you find out where your PP is being processed??

I sent them an e-mail enquiring about the status of my passport and the only new bit of info I got was that my passport was being processed at Charleston, SC. They said I should contact them only if 4 weeks had passed after my application date.

-KM

My passport arrived today but not my naturalization certificate (which will be sent back separately). Now it's on to the last step of my journey - applying for OCI.

-KM

I have a question regarding signing the passport.
How did you guys sign it? like you signed you naturalization cert? like you signed your drivers license?
Anyone have any official link from dept of state on how to sign your passport?
Cheers!!

I sent an email to find out what's taking so long for my expedited passport? Well, It seem to be in routine service, hence the delay but they have suggested, if I pay $60 then it could by expedited:confused: .

I will call them today or Monday and tell them that the expedited fee is already paid so....

Expedite seems fast these days

Only if you are lucky. I guess it is fast for people who come under the processing centers that aren't too backlogged. Mine took nearly 4 weeks and I have seen reports here of expedited passports taking up to 6 weeks.

-KM

I sent an email to find out what's taking so long for my expedited passport? Well, It seem to be in routine service, hence the delay but they have suggested, if I pay $60 then it could by expedited:confused: .

I will call them today or Monday and tell them that the expedited fee is already paid so....

I found from their website that my passport is in routine processing though applied and paid for as expedite. Spoke with customer service rep: was told that the website always shows "routine", and was assured that if the correct fee was paid processing will be "expedite".

Only if you are lucky. I guess it is fast for people who come under the processing centers that aren't too backlogged. Mine took nearly 4 weeks and I have seen reports here of expedited passports taking up to 6 weeks.

-KM

Prime example: Tomorrow I step into sixth week with expedited service.:(