Employment based immigration backlog petition

Re: Petition ready to be sent

Originally posted by monica1
Hi All,

I have pruned the signatures list for duplicates. We have 1655 signatures in total. The petition is being sent out today to all 3 addresses provided to us.

Thanks

Monica

But we should keep collecting signatures and then send out an update. Like what we usually do, Monica.

Re: Re: Petition ready to be sent

Originally posted by operations
But we should keep collecting signatures and then send out an update. Like what we usually do, Monica.

Rajiv,

Thanks from all of us.

Monica,
Please sent the petition to Deputy Secretary of DHS also. Mr. Prakash Khatri report to Deputy Secretaty of DHS.

The Honorable Gordon England
Deputy Secretary
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

Edison, Cinta

and others.

I assume our petition is going out in these couple of days if not today. Can we use this as the starting point to contact the media?

If you know any journalists/reporters, can we send them (by e-mail or snail mail) the petition and ask them to publish something like "On 9/xx/03, a group of I-485 applicants submitted a petition to Mr. Prakash Khatri, the immigration Ombudsman at USCIS to request the employment-based I-485 backlogs being addressed. ….. Several sentences highlight the main points of our petition."

Later, when we send our petition to the 540 congress members we can approach the media again with the petition attached.

The media is the most powerful weapon. We should utilize it ASAP.

Re: Edison, Cinta

Originally posted by YJay
and others.

I assume our petition is going out in these couple of days if not today. Can we use this as the starting point to contact the media?

If you know any journalists/reporters, can we send them (by e-mail or snail mail) the petition and ask them to publish something like "On 9/xx/03, a group of I-485 applicants submitted a petition to Mr. Prakash Khatri, the immigration Ombudsman at USCIS to request the employment-based I-485 backlogs being addressed. ….. Several sentences highlight the main points of our petition."

Later, when we send our petition to the 540 congress members we can approach the media again with the petition attached.

The media is the most powerful weapon. We should utilize it ASAP.

Yes, We have to start contacting media. I'll post the Petition to Congress and BCIS through media

or view in the following thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=579891#post579891

I think we need contact person for media.

Rajiv,
Can you be our contact person for Media also.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Edison, Cinta

Originally posted by Edison
Yes, We have to start contacting media. I'll post the Petition to Congress and BCIS through media

Rajiv,
Can be our contact person for Media also.
Thanks.

One of journalist friends (who is also waiting for I-485) sent a list of Indian media contacts. I have already sent them the info, attached here. Go ahead and resend to all media that you deem appropriate. I was trying to confine ourselves to ethnic media for now.

Re: Re: Edison, Cinta

Rajiv,
Can be our contact person for Media also.
Thanks.

One of our journalist friends from this group (who is also waiting for I-485) sent a list of Indian media contacts. I have already sent them the info, attached here. Go ahead and resend to all media that you deem appropriate. I was trying to confine ourselves to ethnic media for now.

Rajiv, Monica

Many many Thanks for sending out petition today . I like Rajiv's idea that we shud continue taking signatures and provide update. Lest us try aggressively once again...

THANKS

Thanks Rajiv for everything. We will continue the fight for us and the ones that follow.

Re: THANKS

Originally posted by cinta
Thanks Rajiv for everything. We will continue the fight for us and the ones that follow.

You are the people doing most of the work. I want us to have a group of fired-up, well-intentioned people making sure all get a fair hearing. So, we are working towrads that (I hope).

Rajiv, thanks for everything. You're the only lawyer selfishless, and warm-hearted.

When do you expect BCIS to reply our petition? Maybe they will keep changing names to avoid talking to us. USCIS, AMCIS, HSCIS..... "We're now USCIS, so we're not responsible for BCIS's backlog. "

Meanwhile, let's prepare for the worst case, if they don't pay attention to our petition, what will we do?

Originally posted by dengdeng
Rajiv, thanks for everything. You're the only lawyer selfishless, and warm-hearted.

When do you expect BCIS to reply our petition? Maybe they will keep changing names to avoid talking to us. USCIS, AMCIS, HSCIS..... "We're now USCIS, so we're not responsible for BCIS's backlog. "

Meanwhile, let's prepare for the worst case, if they don't pay attention to our petition, what will we do?

No thanks necessary. Our community pays us many times over.

Changing nmes :), I just call them "immigration."

To All,

Forwarded the modified version of Congress Petition to Rajiv.

We'll use this Congress petition and Press release provide by Rajiv to communicate with Media.

Thanks.

To All,

Forwarded the modified version of Congress Petition to Rajiv.

We'll use this Congress petition and Press release provide by Rajiv to communicate with Media.

Thanks.

Over 10,000 mails sent to MEDIA - PRESS RELEASE & US CONGRESS Backlog PETITION.

Over 10,000 mails were sent to Media about Immigration Benefits Backlogs. Press Release about Backlog petion to USCIS and US congress Petition were sent to over 5,000 Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television. Political Publications, Online services, Columnists, News Services,.........

Media Contacts:
1. Use AILA's Advocacy center(Take Action - Campaign Center) to contact MEDIA.
http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/media/

Using this, a whole identification is necessary so that media can get back to us.
It is very easy to send e-mails using this facility at AILA advocacy center.

2. Use Newslink to find Newspapers, Magazines, Radio/TV,...
http://newslink.org/

COURTESY: "CINTA", Thanks for providing the very useful links to contact media.

I request everyone to contact MEDIA using Press Release document and US Congress Petition. Send e-mails to all National media and Local media using above mentioned AILA's Media facility. Goto AILA media center using the above mentioned link, enter ZIPCODE and check list National media also and then click GO. Use the attachment provided or write your own mail. It's just 10 minutes of your time to contact about 50 national and local media.

Once, Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna reviews our US Congress Petition then we should mail that to all the Senators and Congressman individually.