Employment based immigration backlog petition

Attn: Moderator ,edison,dsatish

I hope we can email similar news byte article alongwith the 485 petition link to all immigration.com portal registered members so that we can have maximum signature count. I do remember Rajiv mentioning their privacy but if we email alongwith regular bulletin news of immigration.com ,I do not think we are disturbing their privacy . I will still appreciate Rajeev's thoughts and advise .

Re: Attn: Moderator ,edison,dsatish

Originally posted by kash777
I hope we can email similar news byte article alongwith the 485 petition link to all immigration.com portal registered members so that we can have maximum signature count. I do remember Rajiv mentioning their privacy but if we email alongwith regular bulletin news of immigration.com ,I do not think we are disturbing their privacy . I will still appreciate Rajeev's thoughts and advise .

That is no problem. Deepa, please add.

Total signatures as of 9 AM on 9/11/03

1373 . I think we are seeing an addition of around 150 signatures / day. I am getting optimistic of reaching 2000 number within a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
ISN mentioned about our petition in their announcement section:

Immigration.com: Petition to address Backlogs in I-485 Processing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The petition to address the I-485 backlogs is accessible via the link below.

-ISN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the complete story, please go to:

http://www.immigration.com/common/rsk/petition_I485.html

Yes, I agree it's time to send the petition to Mr.Khatri and CC other concerned authorites at BCIS.

RAJIV

All of us agree on sending the petiton to Mr Khatri today. Could you please send the petition today, to Prakash Khatri with a CC to Tom Ridge and Eduardo Auguirre.

ADDRESS

Rajiv,
Here are the addresses of the people, to whom the petition should be submitted :

Prakash Khatri,
Citizenship and Immigration- Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Washington D.C - 20528

The Honorable Tom Ridge
Secretary
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

The Honorable Eduardo Aguirre, Jr.
Director
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
425 Eye St. NW
Washington, DC 20536

addresses

Rajiv,

Check the addresses again please. Does the Ombudsman have the same P.O.Box as Tom Ridge? or use the BCIS Director address for him also?

addresses

source: AILA

The Honorable Tom Ridge
Secretary
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

The Honorable Eduardo Aguirre, Jr.
Director
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
425 Eye St. NW
Washington, DC 20536

From the second we can make up the
Ombudsman's address. Does he have an office and a P.O.Box?

As far as I know he has not be given a separate P.O. Box number. I hope he was given at least a telephone number, an e-mail and some office space. In any case he reports to DHS Tom Ridge. BCIS or UCIS is under DHS also. The undersecretary of DHS oversees BCIS. The one that controls all is dept. Of Justice, Attorney General Ashcroft.

As such, I am not sure if we discussud this, the Petition should go to the Attorney general Ashcroft ALSO.
Be sure he has an address.

Prakash Khatri's contact address

From the research i have done (going through the BCIS website,DHS website) i am 100% confident that Prakash Khatri is a DHS person than a BCIS person. So Tom Ridge and Prakash Khatri should have the same PO Box.

My labor certification is pending with Indiana since June 2002 (RIR). The person refuses to talk, saying he would only talk to my lawyer. The lawyer (GM's lawyer) says he refuses to talk to her.

If after certification it goes into the I-485 backlog...???

Is there any petition for Labor certification?

SRAMAN

This is I485 forum and we have prepared the petition for I485 applicants. I hope that your labor will be approved soon. After that you will see the benefit if our efforts to reduce I485 backlog succeeds.

Re: Emails to all the registered members

Originally posted by dsatish
Rajiv / Monica,
I think that there are thousands of registered users in your website under different forums like H1B, I485, Labor Certifications etc. How ever, we have got only 1200 signatures till now. This is quite low compared to our potential.
Could you please ask the administrator to send Emails to all the registered users with a request to sign the I485 backlog petition ?
If you can do that, that will add thousands of signatures to our campaign.

The problem seems to be that the petition assumes all petitioners are already in their I-485 stage by asking when you filed I-485 and how long it has been pending etc. Besides, if you are still in the labor or even I-140 stage, it is a little hard (not impossible) to make your point of complaining about slow I-485 processing. Just my thoughts...

Petition ready to be sent

Hi All,

I have pruned the signatures list for duplicates. We have 1655 signatures in total. The petition is being sent out today to all 3 addresses provided to us.

Thanks

Monica