EB3 with current PD

alonglonwait4gc said:
Hi,

I called VSC today and spoke to an officer she stated after keeping on hold for 5 minutes that my attorney will rec'd some notice with in 20 to 30 days.
I asked her if they need any document from me. She stated that she can't tell me that.
What do you think what is going to happened? Did I made a mistake to call them?
Hi,
I just spoke to the IO in VSC she stated that they need an additional evidence for my case but she can't tell me what... because its not typed and now sitting on the clerk bench to type. She stated that till it typed she can't even see what kind of evidence they need it from me. And to type that letter will takes 3 to 4 weeks...Because they are under staff and its a holiday season... :mad:

alongwait4gc

it is very hard to predict what might be the additional evidence...if you see the case of Harakad,,,he also was in turnmoil of this situation but he finally got approval even before he gave the FP....in ur case i see that you dependent might have to give code 1 or code 3 FP before adjusticating your case....or it may be an approval which are r waiting to type....

pallu2004 said:
rduman

how was ur infopass appointment yesterday....did u get any updates on your case....pls share ur experience...

pallu,

It was a complete waste of time. The officer was trying to be helpful but was utterly incompetent. Wasn't able to tell me anything I didn't already know. He kept saying that the FBI has only recently cleared your case - so give it some more time.

pallu2004 said:
thanks rduman....which infopass center u went to....i am planning for this in next week and lets see...

pallu2004,
I went to San Jose, CA. I hope you get some useful info.

not sure rduman what is happening....particularly with VSC there is no good news lately....i will give one more shot by calling VSC rep and then will go for an infopass appointment.

My advise is Dont waste your time going for Infopass. It doesnt help unless your case isn the local office.
My question however is If my case is still stuck in Security checks why bother to call me for a 3rd FP.
Complete waste of My time half a day of work wasted and and complete waste of $$$ s on USCIS part.
Each FP I believe costs them about $70.00
If they had given me that and that half day I wasted it would have been one helluva day for golf

Last edited by a moderator:
Al_aos

thanks for ur input...the only reason i was thinking of infopass is USCIS general 800# is not helping in anyway....as i have given FP on Jan 19...they are not even raising a case status enquiry on my case saying that u have to wait for 60 days....i guess this infopass will help in getting some info on what is going on inside...

In that case ask to see a Immigration Officer and not a customer service sitting at the counter.
I my previous infopasses the people at the counter dont know squat. When they give a youa pc of paper and you go actually meet one of the officers they can see more details on your case.

pallu2004,
Since we are sharing the same boat :confused: of the waiting game.
I just wanted to check couple of things as you are already researching ways to push things ahead.

Will an infopass check on case or even talking to an admin officer trigger anything about the progress on the case ? I mean if the case was having LUD's and now there is dust on it. Will the infopass make then re-look into the case and say these options of FBI/NAME/BACKGROUND check are complete is there any way they will atleast provide an input at the counter ???

-THANKS
BAGUSAC

BAGUSAC

this is what i think after reading post from other members in the forum

talking to an officer or taking an infopass appointment will not trigger any advancement in cases...only thing it does is makes a note of your call....only thing that can trigger movement in case is Case Status Referral. this enquiry is supposed to do some movement in the case....but lately people who did case status referral got notices saying that wait for 6 more months for any response....i read in one post that the person raised case referral and his case was approved....its pretty hard to predict wht happens inside...all we can do is play the guess game and wait wait wait...

will appreciate if you could share ur case history so that we can add your data also the list..

Please add me to the list...FP done today

pallu2004 said:
Just to refresh the wait list....here it goes....lets see if some movement will happen this week...wht i am guessing is as North East is having horrible weather...VSC might be having lots of persons on holidays...thats why i guess we dont see any movement at VSC....

Please update your info if there is new update and others who want to join the list...pls do the needful

Myself: FP on Jan 19 and LUD changed on 01/24 & 01/25
rduman: FP on Jan 20 and LUD changed on 01/24 & 01/25
mk_gc: FP on Jan 17 and LUD changed on 01/26 & 01/29
compjobs: FP on Jan 20 and LUD changed on 01/24 & 01/25
alnglonwait4gc: FP on Jan 02 and LUD on 01/06, 01/08
anandsbr: FP on Jan 30 and LUD on 02/02
supply_demand: FP on Feb 06 and LUD on 02/06, 02/07, 02/08

Harakad: FP: on Feb 15

Harakad...you dont need to be added as ur case is done...enjoy man....drink freak out and come out to freedom....wait for ur notice to come

pallu any forecasts for me. :)
3rd FP done in December .......
Right now just happy if I get my EAD renewal on time.

My case is little different than yours. Peculiar in a way.
EB3 PD feb 2001
Done interview in OCt 2004. Stuck in name check.
Infopass dec 2005 .was informed that back ground check is clear.
Stuck in retrogression.
Infopass again in august 2006.....Case current...couldnt get a satifactory answer.
Attorney sent an enquiry again in December 1st week.
No answer.
Applied EAD renewal end of Nov.( BTW got emails that the cards have been ordered)
Did Biometrics around 18th december.
Got FP code 1 Notice from Local office around Dec 23rd.
Did Fp the same week.
Jan end recd letter from Local office in reply to the attorney enquiry that "still awaiting necessary security checks"
Thats the story so far..........

Harakad: FP: on Feb 15
Al_aos: FP on Dec 23 and LUD on ?????

Hi pallu2004, Al_aos

I am also with u guys, EB3 PD is current since jan07. Had a interview in local office.I took my fingerprints and medical at the time of the interview. They told me background and name check is clear. Everything went well. Officer could not stamp it because PD at that time was two days behind. . She told me as soon as PD comes current she will mail the Cards. Nothing yet. Tried to call VSC , they gave me a reference no. and told me to wait 45 days. Will info pass help. Will they send me to the same officer who took our interview, if not can i ask for her. Please advise.
Pallu2004 i think so your predictions are working, please give me some too.

ASH3

as your case was with local office (for interview purpose)...you can take an infopass and while selecting the options...chk for "you want to speak to an immigration officer". then schedule your appointment. go there and chk it you might get lucky if he retrieves your file and stamps your passport...

pls keep us posted on your visit once u finish the same