EAD/Interim EAD stories

i 765 pending

hi guys im from new york i came to usa as a student but i didnt go to the school after 8 months i married an american woman.
-i applied for my ead i 765 the 27/8/06
-i had my fingerprintes taken the 25/9/06
-the 26/9/06 i received a request for additional evidence
-my lawyer sent the evidence witch it was the medical exam and my birth cerificate the 10/11/06
-i called the costumer service 2 times but they didnt help me at all
-today is the 14/1/07 and im still waiting i ve been waiting for 120 days what should i do

Efiled EAD renewal VSC

I efiled for EAD on 05 Jan 2007 and got Biometrics appointment letter today and scheduled for 26 Jan. My current EAD expires on 02 Feb 2007. Can anyone share the info on how long does it take for approval after Biometrics in VSC?

pacousi25 said:
hi guys im from new york i came to usa as a student but i didnt go to the school after 8 months i married an american woman.
-i applied for my ead i 765 the 27/8/06
-i had my fingerprintes taken the 25/9/06
-the 26/9/06 i received a request for additional evidence
-my lawyer sent the evidence witch it was the medical exam and my birth cerificate the 10/11/06
-i called the costumer service 2 times but they didnt help me at all
-today is the 14/1/07 and im still waiting i ve been waiting for 120 days what should i do
Hey,pacousi25
I'm from new york too!!check out similar cases at this thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=236788

EAD - New EAD how much time

I applied my 485 and EAD today that is 04/19/07 when will I get my new EAD for me and my wife. How much it takes time to get it. Please let me know i will be appreciated. Thank you

Hi
I am on H4 and i got a approval of EAD Can I open a Corporation and start my own business Please answer my question

Receipt Date or Notice Date???

Hello to all, please can someone help with clarifying wich one is considered towards to counting of the days? the receipt date of Notice of Action Date (RD or ND) my RD says 10 August and ND says 21 August. Am Asylum applicant and our waiting period is 30 days after which we can apply for an Interim.My case is at the California Service Centre.Any info will be greatly appreciated.Thanks and God Bless

My wife's I-765 was approved 8/1, mine is still pending! I am a little worried since my H1B expires 10/1. I was told to go to info pass and get an appoitment to see my local Application Support Centers (the place where I had my finger prints). to probably get an interim EAD?!
Please advise

Hi Krunzmai,

Did you get your I-765 to approve finally? If yes, how long after your wife's approval. We're in a similar situation, my EAD is approved but my husband's is still pending.

Thanks,
Mani

I have 2 485's pending (one as principal applicant and one where my wife is the principal). I got AP thru my wife's application. Would the 485 as me principal go void if I use that AP??? Or Is it better that I get an AP via my 485 application?

Please let me know what you guys think?
Thanks
spdal

I have 2 485's pending (one as principal applicant and one where my wife is the principal). I got AP thru my wife's application. Would the 485 as me principal go void if I use that AP??? Or Is it better that I get an AP via my 485 application?

Please let me know what you guys think?
Thanks
spdal

It does not matter which AP you use. As long as you have a valid AP on your name either as a principal or as a derivative, you should be fine to reenter. Which 485 you want to retain is completely upto you, at one point of time, you will have to decide which one you want to pursue and need to notify USCIS to withdraw the other one. In my point-of-view that decision moment will arrive when one of those petitions' priority date becomes current.

Hello to all, please can someone help with clarifying wich one is considered towards to counting of the days? the receipt date of Notice of Action Date (RD or ND) my RD says 10 August and ND says 21 August. Am Asylum applicant and our waiting period is 30 days after which we can apply for an Interim.My case is at the California Service Centre.Any info will be greatly appreciated.Thanks and God Bless

Receipt date is the one that counts.

Hi
I am on H4 and i got a approval of EAD Can I open a Corporation and start my own business Please answer my question

There is a lot of discussion and information on this scenario. Yes you can open a corp on your EAD. For people on H1, or ppl who are already employed, the Corp that you open cannot be used for your own immigrational benefit. Since you are on H4, the situation gets a little bit confusing. Consult an attorney and weigh your options accordingly.

Infopass

I have a question regarding the interim EAD, if I make an appointment using infopass before the 90 waiting period, will I get an appointment before the 90 days? How fast does the local office give the apointment made through infopass?

I have a question regarding the interim EAD, if I make an appointment using infopass before the 90 waiting period, will I get an appointment before the 90 days? How fast does the local office give the apointment made through infopass?

Interim EAD is not in effect anymore. There is nothing like that from what I gather. If you try to make an Infopass appointment before 90 days, it will not be honored, meaning - if they do their verification right, they will not give you an appointment as the 90 day period is the first thing that they check.

I wanted to get an infopass appointment for pending EAD renewal, for my wife's case. I was not able to proceed with scheduling the appointment.
My case details:
Current EAD expires on 09/25/08.
Applied for renewal on 08/12/08 (Much later than 120 day period)
Biometric/photo appointment done on 09/04/08
Received CPO email 09/17/08 (Yes, considering the trend, we really got lucky!)

Good luck...

My Lawyer told me the same, I am going to Infopass on Monday to try and get it.

The interim EAD idea is still active. What happened is that in the past if you are past 90 days, you go to Infopass and they print EAD and hand it to you. Now, you go and the local center will contact the USCIS office where your application is pending requesting either approval of your application or issuing an interim EAD. The center suppose to respond to that request by sending you either the real EAD or the interim one after few days, weeks, months or not at all. There is no notice from the USCIS that they cancelled the interim just they take the printers and blank cards from the local centers if you want to call it like that.

What is the process?

The interim EAD idea is still active. What happened is that in the past if you are past 90 days, you go to Infopass and they print EAD and hand it to you. Now, you go and the local center will contact the USCIS office where your application is pending requesting either approval of your application or issuing an interim EAD. The center suppose to respond to that request by sending you either the real EAD or the interim one after few days, weeks, months or not at all. There is no notice from the USCIS that they cancelled the interim just they take the printers and blank cards from the local centers if you want to call it like that.

If this is true, what all support documents should one carry to the local office? Also, do they entertain walk-ins? Or one has to go through infopass or take appointment? My location would be in Florida.

If this is true, what all support documents should one carry to the local office? Also, do they entertain walk-ins? Or one has to go through infopass or take appointment? My location would be in Florida.

No documents are required but an identification like passport and/or DL and print from the Infopass appointment which is required. You can not just walk in. For sure you have to know your application number and A# if applicable better to have original receipt notice with you.
By the way you have to be past 90 days from the application to take an Info pass not before that under any circumstances

Last edited by a moderator: