EAD/Interim EAD stories

help needed

hi
i received an email confirming from uscis that my ead has been sent on 19 th april but i have not yet rec.can someone help

Make sure the card sent it to correct address, make info pass appointment and confirm which address the ead was sent. I was in the same situation got the card after 1 month. I believe the ead card sent first time was returned back undelivered and second time the card was sent to correct address.

kukuchaku,

did you apply your ead along with AP too?? i noticed similar thing with me too...and also with some other folks...

thanks,
mv1211

kukuchaku said:
I applied for my EAD before 90 days back and still did not got my EAD approved. However I applied for my wife's EAD just 60 days back and it got approved. I am the primary applicant and its funny my wife's EAD came first.

So to keep working I have taken a infopass appointment in Chicago office and appearing to file for Interim EAD.
Hope I will get my EAD approved. Just FYI, my I-140 and 290B are pending in AAO

Anyone else have similar experiences?

I don't know what's going on?

Thanks

Bob,

I probably missed your reply to my questions. Sorry about that. I appreciate your thoughts.

Well, I still am without EAD and the expiry of current EAD is coming close. I live in Philadelphia and I have heard that they Philly office does not entertain interim EAD before 90 days.

Also I saw that Krishna responded to your statements saying that Immigration Officer and his lawyer said that it is fine to continue employement with pending I-485 if your application is filed. Also, I searched various sites and forum and found on Murthy.com's site that this is considered as working in "good faith" as you have applied for EAD and have not received one yet.

Let me know.

mv1211

DesiBob said:
*** Please note that I am not an attorney. The information provided here is based on my personal knowledge ***

Hi mv1211,

Yes. I am waiting for my employment based 485 approval.

There are several things when you are waiting for 485 approval. EAD lets you work but EAD does not provide you any status. Status (officially called TPS - Temporary Protected Status) comes from the fact that you are waiting your 485 approval. That has nothing to do with EAD. However, you need EAD to work. You can stay in the country unemployed if you do not have EAD.

As far as I heard from my sources - you can not work without an EAD. If your employer does not ask you for EAD - that is still illegal to work.

Regarding 6 month work without EAD - that has nothing to do with EAD and it is still illegal. The reason people mention that is, USCIS has a rule called 245(k) that will forgive your illegal unemployment as long as (a) you pay $1000 penalty (b) your illegal work duration is less than 6 months.

Anyway - if your EAD is expiring on May 15, the best thing that can happen to you is getting an IEAD. Take an infopass appointment immediately and try your luck. Who knows? You may be one of the lucky persons. If that fails, try to request your senators assistance.

Meanwhile think about what you need to do if everything fails.

Looks like you are in the similar situation as I am. Send me a PM. Probably we can figure a way out of it.

Regards,
Bob

good faith

that's what my lawer is also saying. So i will be working bacnk while my I765 is pending.

Thanks

mv1211 said:
Bob,

I probably missed your reply to my questions. Sorry about that. I appreciate your thoughts.

Well, I still am without EAD and the expiry of current EAD is coming close. I live in Philadelphia and I have heard that they Philly office does not entertain interim EAD before 90 days.

Also I saw that Krishna responded to your statements saying that Immigration Officer and his lawyer said that it is fine to continue employement with pending I-485 if your application is filed. Also, I searched various sites and forum and found on Murthy.com's site that this is considered as working in "good faith" as you have applied for EAD and have not received one yet.

Let me know.

mv1211

FYI,
I just applied for I-765 and not I-131
Can you please let me know if you know similar cases? and how to address it?

thx

mv1211 said:
kukuchaku,

did you apply your ead along with AP too?? i noticed similar thing with me too...and also with some other folks...

thanks,
mv1211

I got my interim EAD yesterday without any problems. I was told by the emigration officer that the final EAD is not ready because they haven't received the biometrics from ASC for I-765. My appointment for biometrics was only for I-485. She recommended to go to ASC and tell them to take my biometrics for I-765. I went there the same day but I was refused and told to call the number on the biometrics receipt to schedule an appointment. I tried to call that number but I couldn't get to an operator or to find relevant information on how to schedule an appointment.
What should I do?

About Interim EAD in Hartford, CT

Dear all,

Anyone has experience to apply for an interim EAD in Hartford, CT to share?

I need to get the interrim EAD since I applied EAD on April 20, 06 and my EAD expiration date is June 28, 06... I'm worried about this since I'm using this to work.

Please let me know any comments. What kind of documents should I prepare/
Why I couldn't make an Infopass appointment at Harford, CT ( no time appointment.... no matter any reason, do they close?)

Appreciate for your help!!!

Best luck to you all!

EAD Approved at VSC RD March 23 2006

Dont worry ,
Your EAD should come by June 28. I had applied on March 23 and my EAD expires on June 20. So I was also worried as it was just border line (89 days) and I got the email on Saturday that EAD has been approved. My EAD card should come in a week or so. The VSC is still showing date in Feb for EAD in c(9) category(i.e. based on pending 485). I was more worried as I had changed my job at the end of 2005. But thankfully no RFE on EAD.

wait789 said:
Dear all,

Anyone has experience to apply for an interim EAD in Hartford, CT to share?

I need to get the interrim EAD since I applied EAD on April 20, 06 and my EAD expiration date is June 28, 06... I'm worried about this since I'm using this to work.

Please let me know any comments. What kind of documents should I prepare/
Why I couldn't make an Infopass appointment at Harford, CT ( no time appointment.... no matter any reason, do they close?)

Appreciate for your help!!!

Best luck to you all!

Question ~ Please help

I have read through a couple threads in our website, still a bit confuse... :confused:
Could anyone please advise me if I use AP traval to another country and reenter US, does it affect my H1B1 status? I am currently using the H1B1 visa working, not the EAD.

Thanks much!

vali said:
I got my interim EAD yesterday without any problems. I was told by the emigration officer that the final EAD is not ready because they haven't received the biometrics from ASC for I-765. My appointment for biometrics was only for I-485. She recommended to go to ASC and tell them to take my biometrics for I-765. I went there the same day but I was refused and told to call the number on the biometrics receipt to schedule an appointment. I tried to call that number but I couldn't get to an operator or to find relevant information on how to schedule an appointment.
What should I do?
Did you get the interim EAD the same day when you went for infopass appointment? What did they ask?

Applied EAD online. Do I need to wait for biometric appt

Hi,
I applied for renewal of my EAD online on 11/28. This time the receipt says, I have to wait for biometric appointment notice by mail.

Last year, When I applied EAD online, the receipt came up with 1 800 number, then called that number went and gave the biometrics in Newark. Now I am living in Princeton Area, and I see in the receipt that I have to wait for biometric appointment notice which comes by mail.

Just trying to find out with you, whether anybody has recently applied online EAD if so , you are aslo getting the same information like we have to wait for the biometric appointment.

Thanks in advance

You need to wait for the appointment letter to come through. When it arrives it will have an appointment date listed on it. However it is usually possible to get the fingerprinting office to do the prints earlier if you just turn up with the letter and beg. This may possibly speed up the EAD processing although, as usual, there are no guarantees.

looks like now EAD processing is very fast with VSC

This is my 3rd EAD . Looks like they are processing very fast now. Today when I look at the EAD case status I have seen the following.Based on the below , can I conclude that my EAD is approved?

On December 14, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

Applied EAD on 11/28/06
FP on 12/13/06
Now I am seeing the above message.

e-filed EAD renewal on july/04/06
august/15/06 they received supporting documentation - as they requested for i-485 application-
i-485 still pending
175 days passed from the original filing date
135 days passed from the date that they received the supporting documentaion
2 INFOPASS appointment- no result-
no more intermEAD
sent letter(s) saying" i-765" outside normal processing time"
called the 800 # and filed for case status inquiry
RFE dec/11/2006(after 5 month from filing!) for special registeration
LUD and e-mail Dec/26/2006 RFE rcvd
LUD Dec/27/2006 (no change to the msg)
NOW WHAT?
they said they need 60 days after they recvd the RFE to decide
I can't wait no more!!
Any help or advice?

Approved from MSC

Hey guys, finally I received the 3 magic e-mails today"Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.
My Best wishes for you all, don't just wait on your case, do something about it. I filed in july,5,2006 and rcvd RFE in dec,12,2006 !!and if it wasn't for all the letters and phone calls that I made, it would take another 60 days.
finally, thanks for the help and support from all of you, I will start work on my I-485 :(
Peace :)

EAD will expire on Jan 22

My EAD will expire on Jan 22. The receipt date for EAD is Sept 16, 2006.

I made INFOPASS appointment at NEWARK INS office on Jan 11,2006.

Does anyone know if I can get interim EAD from local olffice? Also, Can I go to local office before 90 days ( Jan 15,2007)?