EAD/Interim EAD stories

thanks!!

I look forward to your response after you wednesday appointment. appreciate it.

mv1211

bobbyren said:
mv1211,
I am not sure if the Philly office is cool enough to issue an iEAD before 90 days. I am going to find this out this coming Wednesday after waiting for 79 days for my renewal not being approved. Will let you know the result.
bobby

mv1211,

No luck for me to get an iEAD before 90 days at te Philly office and the lady resisted in 90-day rule. She said I have to go there on 91 days which is about in 10 days to get it. Hopefully I can get it approved by that time.

bobby

mv1211 said:
I look forward to your response after you wednesday appointment. appreciate it.

mv1211

bobbyren,
Could you please let me know what documents did you carry for getting an Interim EAD?

Did you take new I-765 application form filled-up?

Thanks

AP question and I140

I heard that if we use AP to go back to our motherland, then we will loss H1. That means we have to use EAD. Is this true or not? I like to keep my H1 until I get GC.

Another question is: how long will it take to get I140 approved recently? I heard that those 4 offices are re-allocating their tasks now, does this affect the I140 processing time?

I took the maile receipt as well as some other docs such as photo ID (used when I entered the building) and a letter from my employer (not useful at this time bcause they refused to issue an iEAD to me). Looks to me they are very restricted on the 90-day rule. I guess if I go there in about 10 days I will get the iEAD.

Also, make sure you have InfoPass App in hand otherwise they will not let you go in.

Good luck,
bobby

hopeofgc said:
bobbyren,
Could you please let me know what documents did you carry for getting an Interim EAD?

Did you take new I-765 application form filled-up?

Thanks

bobby,

thanks for your response...i appreciate it...

it sucks to hear that...who was the lady..immigration officer?? was she rude/aggresive about it? do you think you may have gotten the iead if it was someone else or it is same for everyone in philly office...your hunch? were you able to argue? also, what option did you choose for infopass appointment?

additionally, do you have un-expired ead or are you currently working with an expired ead? what are the repurcussions?

thanks,
mv1211
bobbyren said:
mv1211,

No luck for me to get an iEAD before 90 days at te Philly office and the lady resisted in 90-day rule. She said I have to go there on 91 days which is about in 10 days to get it. Hopefully I can get it approved by that time.

bobby

bobby,

thanks for your response...i appreciate it...

it sucks to hear that...who was the lady..immigration officer?? was she rude/aggresive about it? do you think you may have gotten the iead if it was someone else or it is same for everyone in philly office...your hunch? were you able to argue? also, what option did you choose for infopass appointment?

additionally, do you have un-expired ead or are you currently working with an expired ead? what are the repurcussions?

thanks,
mv1211
bobbyren said:
mv1211,

bobby

iEAD

I was in Atlanta when I filed my concurrent filing. Recently I moved Nebraska Service Area. My lawyer filed my I-765 renewal at NSC which was transfered to TSC. I took Infopass appointment at the local Application Service Centre in Chicago exactly on the 91st day. I got my iEAD valid for three months.
The officer told me that I will get my regular EAD soon !!!!. If not I can go back again to get an extension of iEAD. Wish this is not going to happen.

I paper filed my AP by myself at TSC and it was approved in five weeks !!!!.

Chanchal06 said:
I was in Atlanta when I filed my concurrent filing. Recently I moved Nebraska Service Area. My lawyer filed my I-765 renewal at NSC which was transfered to TSC. I took Infopass appointment at the local Application Service Centre in Chicago exactly on the 91st day. I got my iEAD valid for three months.
The officer told me that I will get my regular EAD soon !!!!. If not I can go back again to get an extension of iEAD. Wish this is not going to happen.

I paper filed my AP by myself at TSC and it was approved in five weeks !!!!.

Chanchal06, I am getting worried now because my case is similar to your case.
Did you talk to customer service at TSC? Initiate a inquiry about your case. Since this is a transfer case from NSC to TSC, not sure if TSC would consider your case under regular EAD processing.

Gurus, do u guys know if one can file another EAD renewal while other EAD application is already pending at USCIS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interim ead at Cherry Hill

Went to Cherry Hill ASC on 91st day and got interim ead for myself and my husband. They took previous EAD cards away. The interim EAD is issued for 8.5 months. It took approx 3 hrs of waiting time during which we were asking some questions on the new 765 application form we filled, then asked to come in for fingerprints and photos and finally issued the card. Also they checked 485 receipt and EAD receipts. We had efiled in VSC on Jan 9th and went to Cherry Hill, NJ ASC on April 10. Another small bit of information even though our case has got transferred to local office - we did file the application at VSC only since it was employment based.

Thanks
SG

sgupta01 said:
Went to Cherry Hill ASC on 91st day and got interim ead for myself and my husband. They took previous EAD cards away. The interim EAD is issued for 8.5 months. It took approx 3 hrs of waiting time during which we were asking some questions on the new 765 application form we filled, then asked to come in for fingerprints and photos and finally issued the card. Also they checked 485 receipt and EAD receipts. We had efiled in VSC on Jan 9th and went to Cherry Hill, NJ ASC on April 10. Another small bit of information even though our case has got transferred to local office - we did file the application at VSC only since it was employment based.

Thanks
SG

sgupta01, did you take 2 different InfoPass appointments for you and your husband ? or just got one InfoPass appointment for both of you?

I have to take InfoPass for my spouse and myself? Not sure if i have to take two different InfoPass appointments?

Please let me know.

We took only 1 Infopass appointment - and gave reason as 90 days have passed. Number of ppl admitted though we gave 2.

Thanks
Sugandha

How to get infopass

1. https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

2. Click Make your appointment with INFOPASS

3. Enter Zip Code. Click Continue.

4. Select District Office radio button(e.g., Dallas District Office). Click Continue.

5. You get the following options:
a. You need an immigration form.

b. You need to file an application for yourself or someone else.

c. You need to replace your Alien Resident Card.

d. You have a question about your case.

e. You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

f. It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.

g. You have received an approval letter or Form I-797 from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

6. In your case you need to select option f.

7. Please enter the following information to schedule an appointment:

First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Zip Code:
Telephone Number: ( ) -
Number of persons:
e-Mail Address:
Alien Number (A-number): A-
(You can find your A Number on your i-485 receipt or your previous EAD or ask your lawyer)
Receipt Number:

8. Click continue. Review information you just filled. You can change the information if you want. Click continue.

9. Select the date from the available dates given in a calendar format. Click continue.

10. Select time from list of available times. Click continue.

11. Review your appointment details. You can change date and time if you want. Click continue.

12. You will get an appointment letter with barcode. Print this page and go to USCIS on the schedule date and time.

sgupta01 said:

Thanks
SG

Hi sgupta01, Did you take the original or copy of I-765 receipt notice?

We took the original receipt , they asked for it and returned it after they had used it to search their databases.

went to ATL DO for EAD after 110 days

We went to ATL DO for EAD after 110 days. We were in the building at 8:00 am for our 8:15 infopass appt. There was no line. We passed the security. We gave our infopass appt letter and our papers to the officer. He checked our papers. We had ( I-765, copy of 485, copy of ID, copy of I-94, just like a copy of paper EAD renewal application packet, except, the $180 and the pictures). He gave us tickets # E4 and # E5. We went to room 111 and started waiting. Window 3 was handling EAD problems. He called up to ticket # E15 except us witihin 3 hours period. My 5 year old son get bored and started driving us crazy. After 3 hours, I went to the Window 3 and asked the officer, when he will call us. He said they will call all EADs in 10 minutes. It looks like the officer is checking the papers, if you don't have a copy of 765, he asks you to fill one. Since we had everything, he did not call us. Yes, finally they called us after 10 minutes. I told the officer I have some other questions, he told me come back after I got my EAD. We went to another room, the officer checked our IDs, index fingerprinted, photographed and gave us our new EAD cards in 10 minutes. The card is good for 1 year, starting today. It means, there is gap of 75 days between 2 EADs. I hope, it will not cause me a lot of headache down the road. I went back to the Window 3 to ask my question(s)?

Q-What is the status of our 485?
He checked the computer. Everything, even name check, is fine. Wait for the visa numbers.

Q-Our FPs are older that 15 months, what sould we do?
A- Wait for the letter in the mail.

Q- Our passports and old EAD cards were stolen. Do we need to file a complaint/report with USCIS?
A-No, just report it to the Police.

Last week, I called VSC and asked where should I file my AP. VSC told me: "Since your file is in ATL DO. You should file to ATL DO". In order to double-check, I asked.
Q-My file is here in ATL DO. Where should I file for AP?
A-VSC
Q-But I called VSC and they told me to file in ATL since my file is in ATL.
A- Then, put a cover letter and explain everthing and send to ATL.

Q-When will we get our greencard?
A-It is a heavenly question.

My interpretation of this answer is: You can get it when you are in heaven :)

1moreday & HHK,
Do we need to take the new I-765 filled up forms and $180 as well for Interim EAD?

Any experiences with Newark office?

hopeofgc

Do we need to take the new I-765 filled up forms
-Yes

$180 as well for Interim EAD?

-I am not sure about my card. Wheter it is regular EAD or iEAD. Because it is good for 1 year, not 8 months. It does not look like my previous EADs. It looks like cheap laminated piece of paper. I did not pay $180 again. But, I had my checkbook with me just in case. You can get the forms, get photos ($13/4 pictures), and buy money orders ($2) in ATL DO Room 100.
You don't need $180 and pictures for iEAD. They take the pictures themselves for iEAD.

HHK, What is the documents check list for getting Interim EAD? I couldn't find your post where you specified the documents required.

Thanks for your help

hopeofgc said:
HHK, What is the documents check list for getting Interim EAD? I couldn't find your post where you specified the documents required.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Just want to share my experience from today when I had infopass appointment to get iEAD. So good news is I got it!!!! :D and it was smooth all the way, they only need the original copy of I765, copy of I485, if you have done biometrics or FP just give em the original, and one more important piece of paper is letter from company that says you need to work as soon as possible or letter of hiring something like that. Based on my experience it will be wise if you wait 90 days and take appointment from infopass few days after. Good luck with your case!.