EAD/Interim EAD stories

EAD processing time in Vermont Service Ctr

i just checked Vermont Service Center processing time on EAD application for C9 cateogy, the processing date is sept 13, 04. so there is little backlog. is this really how people are experiencing currently? any knowledge on this? i checked this portal and was not able to verify this info. pls let me know.

anne

First EAD from Vermont Center

My 140/485/EAD/AP apps was mailed on september 20, 2004 to INS - Vermont. Aproximately when should I get the EAD ? Processing dates looks very latest and suspicious ?

I know I can get interim one after 90 days but just checking if people have any information to share on first EAD.

-Pachya

HELP: RFE on EAD after EAD has been approved

Hello,

Mine is very strang situation. My EAD has been approved.
But after 10 days it has been approved the on-line status
says that an RFE has been issued on my EAD case.

I recently changed my job using filing AC21. I used my i-EAD
to change my company. My actual EAD got approved after
I changed my job but I still had a valib AC21.

Has this happened to anyone?
is my approved EAD still valid?

What is 90 day rule for EAD ?

My receipts date is September 22. Notice Date is November 3, 2004. When will the 90 day begin from ? Reeiot Date or Notice Date ?

Thanks,
Pachya

Travel on AP

I traveled on AP and everything went smooth. The INS Rep asks me only one question and that was the purpose of visit.
Then he stamped all 3 copies of AP and returned all 3 back to me and told me that I don't need to give him Fingerprint and as well as picture becuase of changes my status from H1 to Pending GC.

Thanks

3Rd EAD at Hartford Center

I may not be the only one to have this experience!

LC approved 4/2001
I140 Approved 5/28/2003
I485 ND 10/7/2002
first FP 12/3/2002
1st EAD approved 12/4/2002
2nd EAD approved 11/16/2003
2nd FP 6/30/2004
3rd FP 10/02/2004
4th FP 10/12/2004 (!!!)
3rd EAD RD 9/23/2004 waiting

How many times does one have to go for fingerprinting? :confused:

My case was transferred for interview to Hartford immigration office on 6/18/2004. Does anyone have idea as to how long does it take to get interview scheduled at Hartford, CT office?

EAD has reciept has first three letter as MSC even though the case was filed at Hartford, CT. Is this common for emplyment based GC?

AP application

Dear Sir,

1) Would you pls share your AP application procedure? What supporting documents do you include? Any tips on special things we should be aware of (e.g. sumbit additional documents not required in the application instruction, but can help avoiding request for evidence)?

2) Did you use E- or paper filing?

3) Glad to hear everything went smoothly on your re-entry to US. May I assume this is what we can generally expect, i.e. if we are on Ajustment of Status and have AP in hand, they won't give us trouble in re-enter US? Have you heard anyone got rejected?

kalse_2000 said:
I traveled on AP and everything went smooth. The INS Rep asks me only one question and that was the purpose of visit.
Then he stamped all 3 copies of AP and returned all 3 back to me and told me that I don't need to give him Fingerprint and as well as picture becuase of changes my status from H1 to Pending GC.

Thanks

Interim EAD using Infopass

I heard that now even for I-EAD from SF office we need to make an appointment and cant just walk in to get it. Is this true?
Any change in what to expect at the office due to this?

Thanks

Appointment necessary

USCIS has instituted this new policy which is better than old policy. In the sense that you do not have to wait in the line outside their office in the wee hours.

Most of the centers do allow walk-in inquiries. In general, they do not entertain the interim EAD inquires before 90 days. However, if a case can be made for urgent issuance, then they do issue interim EAD before 90 days are over.

One must carry all the previous receipts as required in the I-765 form. They are: proof of pending I-485 case notice, transfer notice, if applicable. Also your old EAD card and any other related paperwork. In general, carry all the papers related to your case.

Good Luck
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD and AP at Chicago(?)

"The office to file this form varies according to what is being requested. Please be sure you know what you are requesting - reentry permit, refugee travel document, advance parole or humanitarian parole - before submitting this form. Failure to file the form with the correct office may cause delay in processing or denial of the benefit. The instructions on the form have been superseded by the following requirements:

Effective December 1, 2004, if you are filing for advance parole, and are filing Form I-485 for family-based adjustment of status AND live in certain states, you will need to send your Form I-131 to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Please see this Press Release for more on the subject."

I think so, but you can verify this at uscis.gov site. Look at the instructions on the form.

Good Luck

1st EAD expires soon

Do I need to make two appointments ( me and my wife ) and can't we just walk in to get it. Is this true in Newark Office?

thanks

Need one appointment per case!

You do need to make two appointments. They may be kind to you and let you in together. I did make two appointments and they let me present our cases together at Hartford office.

This should be true at other district centers as well.

Good Luck

Happy Holidays! :)

Mike_Metal said:
You do need to make two appointments. They may be kind to you and let you in together. I did make two appointments and they let me present our cases together at Hartford office.

This should be true at other district centers as well.

Good Luck

Happy Holidays! :)

I need to get an interim EAD ( my first EAD hasn't arrived yet - 3 months to get over in Dec 22). What docs should I gather together ? There was an RFE issued in my EAD wrt new style photos and lawyers have replied to it with new photos of mine. Can you PM ?

Thanks,
Pachya

New Biometric EAD

Hello Pachya,

I think per new process you need to make an appointment get you digital pictures and fingerprints taken by USCIS. I think that is what they would have sent you if I am not mistaken. Please do this ASAP. You will need to call the the national customer service number and make an appointment.

Secondly, to get Temporary (Interim)EAD, you will need same documents that you sent to USCIS earlier plus copy of your notice for EAD (I-765). They may take away your old EAD this is subjective meaning dependent on which local office you visit. As a precaution I would carry almost all the documents related to your case, mainly I-485/I-140 related papers and your passport and current EAD with a copy.

On 91st day, USCIS will have to(?) issue you an Interim EAD card unless there was question regarding the validilty of your I485.

Wish you all the best and have Happy holidays!

Mike

Thanks Mike. I got my first inerim EAD today. They fingerprinterd me and took my photos the old way - side face..

Is this 90 day rule for AP also ?

-Pachya

hi , my case is similar to u'rs, filed VSC
N/D-OCT 4TH, 2004
the 90 daysis on jan 4th 2005, please tell me in details about what u took for the interim ead& how u took an appointment with the infopass,& what questions were asked, i think i have to go through it myself, this is my 1st ead too,did u find any update on u'r case through the phone or the website for tracking the case with the eac #, thank you, & CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi,

I took appt with infopass trough uscis.gov. Based on your zipcode infopass will schedule appt with local center.

I track my case through uscis.gov's online case status tracking. I'd an RFE issued wrt new style photos. We responded to that. So after 97 days I went today with

1. PassPort + I-94. Copies of latest H-1/H-4 documentation.
2. 140/485/EAD receipts. Spouse's 140/485 etc receipts if you are 2ndary applicant.
3. I took $175(exact cash + 2 photos but both were not required).
4. RFE copy.
5. Need to fill out I-765 form.

It took me overall 90 minutes. And gues what, they took my photo with old format - side facing while issuing temp EAD :)

Good Luck.

-Pachya