EAD/Interim EAD stories

Interim EAD at Baltimore

Arrived at the office at 8:00 am on Friday.
Around 30 people were waiting in the room already.
Got a token and application form.
I was called to the service window at 8:30.
The lady accepted the papers and asked me to wait and said there will be a "very long" wait before my name is called.
After 45 mins I was called for the photograph.
In another 15 mins, I was handed my new card - validity 8 months.

Very very helpful and curteous people and the service was beyond expectation.

Hi Satanta...

I have applied for my 2nd EAD 5 months ago(VSC), 10 days back I recv'd an RFE for Pictures, I sent them by FEDEX immeditely and my message changed in couple of days, today I went to loacl BCIS office in Denver the officer said straight on my face from Thursday I cannot work as they cannot touch my application for another 85 days, my EAD expires in 3 days.. I have following questions.. Any input will be appreciated.

1. Do I become illegal now,a s my EAd is expiring in few days?!

2. By any chance if these BCIS jokers issue my 2nd EAD will the date be continuation from my 06/24/04 to 06/25/05?! or will it start from the day they approve my 2nd EAD (in this case I will be without staus till they approve my 2nd EAD)

3. I am going to work either way as I can't stop work just like that. Will this effect my 485 application.

I am going to ask the above questions to my solicitor also. But any input from you guys will eb very much appreciated..

Thanks
Myself :confused:

EAD expiring on 23 June

VSC
first EAD expires on 23 June 2004
Second EAD Notice date is 7 April 2004 and waiting for approval.
so 90 days are on 6th July 2004.

Today went to NY 26 Federal Plaza to try for ain InterimEAD. They let me in, but the guy on the window just said 6 JULY. 6 JULY.6 JULY to anything I talked to him. Came back empty handed.

So now I can either hope that new EAD comes in 2 days. Or else go on 6th July for IEAD. Meanwhile, between 24 June and 6 July, I will be without EAD.

Dont know what to do about job, paycheck, etc,

RD or ND for 90 days

This may have been asked before, but I cannot find it.

Does anyone know if the 90 days for iEAD counted since RD or ND?

MY EAD RD is March 30, 2004 and ND is April 1, 2004.

Are iEADs issued everyday during the week in Newark local office?

If I go to Newark office on Tuesday, June 29, 2004, is it too early or Tuesday is good for applying iEAD?

Please share your experience.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

got iEAD yesterday at Newark local office

Yesterday I went Newark local office and got my iEAD, it be issued for 8 months. For this time, all things processed at the third floor, the only thing I need to do is waitting.

second EAD renew at VSC:
RD March 30, 2004
ND April 1, 2004
AD no news

IEAD June 29, 2004

Guys
I went to NY City (26 Federal Plaza) office for Interim EAD for me and my wife. They issued with out any problems. Reached there around 5:20AM, got out by 3:00PM. I had an RFE on I-140, replied adn USCIS web site is also updated, saying received response to I-140 RFE

Any iEAD stories in Calif.?

I have been searching the threads and I have a couple of questions:

1- Does anyone have a story on how the process to get an iEAD works in San Jose, Calif., or San Francisco, Calif.? I am really curious.

2- I have seen that you can be issued an iEAD before 90 days, if it's a renewal and your employer states that your employment is based on your getting a new card. Would this be true if it was your first EAD, i.e.: your job offer pending approval of your iEAD?

Thank you all,
zz03

re:

zzo3 .
our cases are very similar. my RD is 6/28/04 and ND is 22nd June 2004. my last update date changed to 3rd july for all 3 cases. can u check urs and let me know .also like urs mine is a non-concurrent too.

I140helppls:

1- My question to you is:, how can your ND < RD? Typo where?

2- If you mean the website, mine still says this:
"
On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 730 and 730 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
"

Are you seeing a different date here? Or you mean there exists another way to check our status?

3- Actually, my case is concurrent, but not 'truly' concurrent. I applied for I485 while I140 is pending. I was hoping that mine could get in the queue for this pilot program...

4- No iEAD news for me?.. :(

zz03

I140helppls said:
zzo3 .
our cases are very similar. my RD is 6/28/04 and ND is 22nd June 2004. my last update date changed to 3rd july for all 3 cases. can u check urs and let me know .also like urs mine is a non-concurrent too.

re:

yes that might be a typo. RD should be earlier .
anyways what i am trying to say is my LUD changed .. i mean when i checked first time when i received my receipt notice ,it showed same status as you said .now also it says the same status message except that the last update date is different.
i am talking abt the account u create on BCIS website (customer portfolio)

Oh I see...
Yeah, all the LUDs have been updated with dates 6/30-7/2.
I just received the FP notice, by the way. It's for 7/29.
Let's keep in touch.

I140helppls said:
yes that might be a typo. RD should be earlier .
anyways what i am trying to say is my LUD changed .. i mean when i checked first time when i received my receipt notice ,it showed same status as you said .now also it says the same status message except that the last update date is different.
i am talking abt the account u create on BCIS website (customer portfolio)

iEAD attempt in Philadelphia Office

I tried going to the Philly office for an iEAD before the 90 days were over. I put together my employment offer letter, copies of every single document I sent, etc.

I went there at 7:30. I was inside by 7:40, the line was not really long, and it moves very quickly. People at the security were nice, people in the counters were nice as well. Unfortunately, I havent been able to get an iEAD, but told to come back on the 91st day. So the wait continues...

New York Federal Plaza Experience

This is for VSC.

2nd EAD applied on 7th April 2004, waiting.

Went to Federal Plaza on 13 July. New procedure was there and they gave me an appointment for 15 July 10 AM and sent me back.

Today on 15th I reached there at 9:45 AM. Went to room 301. There was a huge line there. At least 150 people. I had apptment, so I was sent to the start of the line. At the window I got a token number and told to go to 9th floor room 900.

Went to room 900 on 9th floor at 10 AM. There is a line where they take all the papers. She took my application, original receipt for the 2nd EAD. Looked at I485 receipt and gave that back to me. Saw my Driver's Lic.

Then I was told to wait for being called again.

Was called by another window at around 11:40 AM. He looked at my ID. Took my finger print of right hand finger and my signature. Told me to wait for photo.

The photo person called me after few minutes. Took my photo and told to wait. After 5 minutes, he called again and handed me the IEAD. Time was 11:55 AM.

In short, it took 2 hours for IEAD in NYC 26 Federal Plaza. Not bad at all.

:)

iEAD Experience at NYC-August 12, 2004

I had a 11 AM appointment (ND-4/6/2004 at VSC) via infopass but showed up at 10 AM just in case.

1. The guard at the building entrance asked me to enter at the beginning of the Q since I had an infopass appointment.
2. In room 310, I stood in the line just like everyone else. Got a ticket at 10:30 and headed to room 900 on the 9th floor.
3. My number was called at 11 AM and I handed my infopass appointment sheet and filled out 765 form. The person at the counter asked me to wait for the number to be called again.
4. My number got called again (at another counter) at 12:45 and the lady took my fingerprint and asked to sign on a sheet of paper.
5. Got called again for the picture at 12:55 and was handed the iEAD card valid until April 2005 at 1 PM.

I was a tick frustrated with the wait time despite the infopass appointment. Apparently the appointment gets you into the building without the hastle of waiting for hours outside the building and that's that. Once you are in, you are in the line like everyone else. No priority basis due to the appointment.

appointment story......

hmmmm...

I thought I was the only one got an appointment when I went to get Interim EAD. But after reading some similar stories, mine was not that bad.

I went to El Paso, TX (340 miles drive oneway) and I was the 3rd one in line and at 7.30 A.M one lady took my reciept, 485 reciept, driver's license along with expired EAD card(aug 12th ). She checked my passport, I-94 and gave them back to me immediately. She took 2 and half hours (she did not serve any other tokens during this time) and I was under the impression that she is going to give me EAD extension at least on a peace of paper but to my surprise, she gave me an appointment letter and she gave me all documents back after making copies of them. Got out by 11.00 A.M only with appointment after another 2 weeks.

Drove back home another 340 miles wondering what the heck just happened....I did not have any idea that they have changed it to appointment instead of giving Interim EADs. Before I left, I asked her specifically.... Do I really need to come back ? and she said, yes you have to come back to collect your EAD and we are not going to mail you.

Seems like could not work until I get it but going to NorthEast on vacation ( what else I can do) and have to fly to El Paso, TX to meet that appointment.

let's see next time what happens....

What is needed to apply for iEAD?

Hi everyone,

My wife is going to apply for her interim EAD next week. I wanted to ask you guys a few questions as we are getting close...

1- Is there an online appointment system for the San Jose, CA office? Or do you just show up?

2- What do we have to take with us to apply for the iEAD?

3- Is it the 91st day from the receipt date? or the notice date? RD is usually a few days before. I have RD as 6/17/04 and the ND as 6/21/04? Can anybody tell me what is the earliest that we can go?

I guess the answer to some of these are in some thread somewhere; I tried to locate it with no success.

Thank you all for your help!
zz03