EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

bzs_tsc,
Whats the status message? Is it regarding the address change that you mentioned in one of ur last posts??

kcgurram said:
bzs_tsc,
Whats the status message? Is it regarding the address change that you mentioned in one of ur last posts??

I do not have any message that was not there before. I am not sure, is there a place I can check what the update is about? All I see that in the Last Updated date column I have 07/26 instead of 07/08.

It is not related to change of address though, because the service center associate I talked to said that I should do that once I have moved.

I, however, asked the international office to file for an expedited service for me, but they said that they had not heard from them since. It could be that it is just a rejection on that request.

sridevi, have you seen an update since your expedited request?

No, I did not hear anything. However it could be just an LUD...
kcgurram, I am 100% sure u will get ur EAD by the end of this week..
If not then surely by next week... I am 100% sure...

sridevi_vangala: Thank you very much. I hope I don't have to reach that stage of I-EAD. Have you analyzed their approval method? I am wondering if they approve the cases in bulk...like "many cases all together". Because no approval on cases since early May till now implies only one thing, processing and approval in bulks.

I am sure that even they don't want a huge crowd at their offices demanding I-EAD cards. All May applicants are going to do that. It is equivalent to giving a normal EAD card which can easily be processed by updating the student's immigration record in SEVIS and forward it to card printing department (Talking about a normal case).

My LUD hasn't changed yet. Its same .... July 8th. 18 days .....and no progress on my file...as a matter of fact, all files with LUD July 8th. Last time I think the LUD gap was 21-21 days (3 weeks)..Isn't it? I don't know LUD gap before that but based on that estimate may be by this thursday or friday we should hear something.

KCGurram: Did you call USCIS office to check why the processing dates say May 11 and your RD is May 9 and its already been 8 days since that information was updated, then why haven't you received approval notice yet?

Best Regards.

I am not sure calling will help you out too much. I have called several times and all they could tell me is the general things: "they are working on it, you should receive something soon." Oh, yes, and one more thing. Each and every one of the associates I talked to told me that I should get a letter requesting an appointment for biometrics. Now, several of you said we do not need to do biometrics, my international advisor said we do not need to do biometrics. I told the latest associates that and he said that anyone who says we do not need biometrics is wrong, yet I have not heard of anyone with OPT who needed biometrics. The associates you can talk to on the phone, furthermore, do not see any specifics about your case, all they know is your RD which is not too big of a help, is it? So, it makes me think: What do they know? In what way is it a help for the applicants that they can call?
There must be a more efficient way to handle these things.
One more thing then i will quit complaining: They all said that I have to update address once I have moved. Now, if i move on Thursday but they send the mail out on Wednesday, how is it going to help me that I informed them about the new address on Thursday. It is already on the way to my old address and will not get forwarded. And then the associate says - by the way, they are very polite and patient I have to admit that - that most of the cases address changes will not "mess things up terribly". Okay, so there are a minority of cases when they mess things up terribly? That isfrightening enough when comes to whether you can get your job.

Well, that is that.

Quite frustrating sometimes.

I keep checking the USCIS website... they do approve in bulk... but I am not sure why they are not processing OPT EADs. I know they approved some May 8th applications today. I dont know if they are OPT though... but they did approve some may 8th applications. That is what makes me think kcgurram should get his soon...

I will be faxing an expedite request tomorrow and see if it works out atleast. Id it dosent... I have the iEAD option.... I am hoping mine will also not come upto that...

keep us posted.

hi,

Hi, friends,

I also applied opt. The RD is May 25. My case has not processed yet. Do not know why the processing is so slow.

I have a question that you may already think about. Whether we can start work as soon as we know our case approved online? or we have to wait until we receive the EAD card? The later will take one or two more weeks!

Thank you. Wish everybody lucky.

Hi opt_atlanta,

Previously, I was sure that one can not start working without an EAD card. But, in one of the emails on this thread...someone pasted content from I-9 form which is mandatory for everyone to fill out before working. It says, if already approved then then one may start working but a receipt must be produced within 3 days and a approval document within 90 days further. So, that is what I read there. Check I-9 form for confirmation.

Also, as far as I know....it must not take more than 3-4 days for you to receive the card after they have sent approval for the same. I don't know, though, how dormant can these people be on that part.

sridevi_vangala, I wish I get my EAD by the end of this month. I can't ask my manager for another extension. I will be in deep trouble if I can't EAD by end of this month.

LEO_TX,
Yeah, I called USCIS today. Every time I call, the first question they ask is "Sir, have you completed the biometrics?" I am tired of explaining them that I don't need biometrics. I asked for an explanation on why my status is not updated. They told me that when they say they are processing application with RD may 11, it implies that currently USCIS will be handling applications with RD b/n Apr 11 and May 11. She told me to wait for few more days to get an update. She also told me that updating process is completely random and depends on the person handling our applications. In short, I didn't get much help with that call.

I even asked my attorney about putting an expedite request. She told me that TSC recently stopped entertaining expedite req's. She advised me to wait for another 2 weeks and go for iEAD. I am preparing to go for iEAD at Dallas DO.

kcgurram said:
LEO_TX,
Yeah, I called USCIS today. Every time I call, the first question they ask is "Sir, have you completed the biometrics?" I am tired of explaining them that I don't need biometrics. I asked for an explanation on why my status is not updated. They told me that when they say they are processing application with RD may 11, it implies that currently USCIS will be handling applications with RD b/n Apr 11 and May 11. She told me to wait for few more days to get an update. She also told me that updating process is completely random and depends on the person handling our applications. In short, I didn't get much help with that call.

I even asked my attorney about putting an expedite request. She told me that TSC recently stopped entertaining expedite req's. She advised me to wait for another 2 weeks and go for iEAD. I am preparing to go for iEAD at Dallas DO.

Hi kcgurram,

So, when all school advisors say that biometrics is not required at all....USCIS claims that it is needed. Despite every student not getting biometrics done still receive their cards and USCIS still beats around the bush. Then they say May 11 means RD between April 11 and May 11.....I am surprised because I know people who got their cards on June 30 from TSC with RD May 1 and later. About updating, it makes me laugh even harder. A random process? They won't touch your file for months and and when they do...they would update the status when they feel like. TSC does not entertain expedite requests no more? That means sridevi_vangala's request was of no use? And even if I do it .....it won't matter !! I hope they issue I-EADs at Dallas DO because I can visualize that sooner or later I will be doing the same.

I think I will be emailing my employer now...asking for extension or atleast giving him intimation of USCIS's hibernation period in summers. My H1-B was receipted today so I hope my employer won't give up on me for a few weeks after spending money on hiring, paperwork and filing H1B.... specially when there is nothing that I can do. Its Government on wrong end that is delaying my card....not me.

My employer's Immigration office pointed out that most (over 95%) of their H1-B requests go to VSC. So, is there anyway to track where my application is right now? I only have tracking#. Also, at VSC....situation is worst of all. Their H1B processing dates for foreign nationals in US is April 2 as updated on July 19. So, on April 1 quota opens and they have moved on to April 2 only? I have heard people are struggling for EAD cards even more at VSC. Is that true? Something is definitely wrong somewhere. I am sure !! It can't be that bad. Please add your point of view.

Best Regards

Leo_TX,

I have seen H1B approvals in July 1st week for ppl with RD in May 1st week. I am also in the same situation like you all. Hoping that the employer will not give up on me after spending so much money on my h1B petition , Job Interview expenses and paper work.

I again faxed the expedite request today.. I will take the EAD INFOPASS appointment on the 2nd of August. I hope these people really burn in hell.. Each passing day has been a torture. All we need is an EAD , just once in this lifetime. And they make such a big mess! I just cant believe it!

Its a shame that these ppl give us law abiding people such a tough time when the greatest threat is from their own people. Anyway.. I hope all these problems will be solved soon and all of us will join our jobs without any problems in our near future.

Good Luck.. .and GOD help us!

My Attorney told VSC handles most of the H1B applications. TSC doesn't even need to consider that extra load. Even then, I donn know why TSC is taling so much time to process our EAD applications.

They shud seriously think of out-sourcing this process. Its really shame on their part for performing such a lousy job.

I seriously wish to have a better way of processing the EAD applications. Hope all our managers will understand our situation and co-operate with us w.r.t start date.

Hi,
Today, I went to Dallas DO and enquired about the EAD delay. I showed him my offer letter and told him that I am worried about losing my job. He is a really helpful and he called up the TSC and enquired about the case. Apparently the person at TSC told dallas Do office that they are going to send applications approaching 90 days , sometime during next week.

So I guess they don't want to create huge crowd at local DO's. And in that case they will be sending our EAD soon. Lets hope for the best.

kcgurram said:
Hi,
Today, I went to Dallas DO and enquired about the EAD delay. I showed him my offer letter and told him that I am worried about losing my job. He is a really helpful and he called up the TSC and enquired about the case. Apparently the person at TSC told dallas Do office that they are going to send applications approaching 90 days , sometime during next week.

So I guess they don't want to create huge crowd at local DO's. And in that case they will be sending our EAD soon. Lets hope for the best.

Hi kcgurram,

Approaching 90 days is a bit tricky when it comes to late may cases like mine with RD May 26 and a couple of others with RD May 23 or 24.....Infect sridevi_vangala's case with RD May 19. If they are still talking about next week then I believe they are waiting for 80+ days anyway and then come back to the application and process it. Its not at all helpful in our cases I guess. I am sure your card will be approved by tomm or as they say by next week. Then may be after that it will be our turn.

So, that the deal !! Wait until its almost 90 days and you will get it. Nice trick USCIS.

Hi,
the officer at Dallas Do told me that they are not issuing issuing iEAD any more at dallas DO. Also he told me that I'll hear from USCIS next week.

But the weird thing is, the info pass appointment still gives the option "iEAD". Also ISS office of SMU and UT Dallas recommends their students to go for Dallas DO to get iEAD.

If Dallas DO has stopped issuing iEAD's then it should n't give the option iEAD while taking a infopass appointment. I don't know what to do. Any body has idea where I shud go for iEAD?? Any one from Dallas, Arlington...etc trying for iEAD?

No iEAD? What would happen if our OPT dosen't get approved by the 90th day? We will just be left hanging there? And what about our jobs? I am really getting tired and irritated.