• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Asia selectees

Where are you guys getting this information about DV2021 HK selectees not being eligible to proceed with their selection?
There are generally 2 major worries by the HKers. One, Trump will do something dramatic against HK when he wins / loses the election in November. Second, CCP will retaliate by stifling a mass exodus by imposing a travel ban on certain types of HKers. This could happen even before we know the result of election as the relationship between the 2 countries is worsening by the day.

There are generally 2 major worries by the HKers. One, Trump will do something dramatic against HK when he wins / loses the election in November. Second, CCP will retaliate by stifling a mass exodus by imposing a travel ban on certain types of HKers. This could happen even before we know the result of election as the relationship between the 2 countries is worsening by the day.

Your first worry seems completely unfounded. I don’t know about the second, but that would be a CCP issue not a DV one.

Neither of these supports the claim being made about DV 2021 HK selectees not been eligible to proceed with their selection.

These are sentiments. Not rationale. Fear not founded by hard facts.

And that’s precisely what my question/post was trying to address. Yes, the fear is there, the sentiment is there, I have no doubt about those. It however doesn’t justify spreading rumors around and making statements based on fear come across as confirmed or official. As of now, DV 2021 HK selectees are very much still eligible to process their selection. Period! End of story! There’s no need for us to continue dancing around in circles over this.

And that’s precisely what my question/post was trying to address. Yes, the fear is there, the sentiment is there, I have no doubt about those. It however doesn’t justify spreading rumors around and making statements based on fear come across as confirmed or official. As of now, DV 2021 HK selectees are very much still eligible to process their selection. Period! End of story! There’s no need for us to continue dancing around in circles over this.

I agree with you that DoS has not clarified or instructed on how the US will now process visas, both immigration and non-immigration types, for HK applicants differently. Any speculation is a guess only.

I would like to chime with a comment on how the initial question was originated - the POTUS issued an executive order dated Jul 14th, 2020 with the following statements:

Sec. 2. Pursuant to section 202 of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992 (22 U.S.C. 5722), I hereby suspend the application of section 201(a) of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992, as amended (22 U.S.C. 5721(a)), to the following statutes:

"Section 201(a) of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992" gives the POTUS legal ground to review and, if see fit, to revoke the "continuation in force on and after July 1, 1997, of all treaties and other international agreements".

And the EO also specified that those statutes will include:

(a) section 103 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (8 U.S.C. 1152 note);

(b) sections 203(c), 212(l), and 221(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended (8 U.S.C. 1153(c), 1182(l), and 1201(c), respectively);

"Section 103 of the Immigration Act of 1990" specifies the "separate foreign state" status of HK from China and "203(c)" concerns the allocation of DV visas to foreign states.

In short, what I see from these quotes is that the US will no longer consider HK as a "separate foreign state" from China, affecting HK people's eligibility for DV and visa applications.

Again, I will be more than happy to see and incline to think that this EO will not retrospectively affect our eligibility in DV 2021. Yet, I am still a bit hesitant about whether DoS and USCIS will use the EO as a ground to deny issuing DV or AOS. I think it is something I can only be more certain by asking them directly.

Anyway, thank you for your effort in keeping this forum an exchange platform for accurate information. :)

I agree with you that DoS has not clarified or instructed on how the US will now process visas, both immigration and non-immigration types, for HK applicants differently. Any speculation is a guess only.

I would like to chime with a comment on how the initial question was originated - the POTUS issued an executive order dated Jul 14th, 2020 with the following statements:

"Section 201(a) of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992" gives the POTUS legal ground to review and, if see fit, to revoke the "continuation in force on and after July 1, 1997, of all treaties and other international agreements".

And the EO also specified that those statutes will include:

"Section 103 of the Immigration Act of 1990" specifies the "separate foreign state" status of HK from China and "203(c)" concerns the allocation of DV visas to foreign states.

In short, what I see from these quotes is that the US will no longer consider HK as a "separate foreign state" from China, affecting HK people's eligibility for DV and visa applications.

Again, I will be more than happy to see and incline to think that this EO will not retrospectively affect our eligibility in DV 2021. Yet, I am still a bit hesitant about whether DoS and USCIS will use the EO as a ground to deny issuing DV or AOS. I think it is something I can only be more certain by asking them directly.

Anyway, thank you for your effort in keeping this forum an exchange platform for accurate information. :)
Nothing in any of the EOs is retroactive. Period.

Apologies if my comment has been misconstrued. I was not trying to justify any of the fellow forum users' comments or statements. I was simply trying to share the roller-coaster ride that most HK selectees have been through for the past 2 months since the draw result was announced.

Totally agreed with you that rumors and unfounded statements should have no place in this forum. Just that it is so hard to strike a balance between not overthinking and be prepared for the worst, especially for those HKers who have gone through hell for the last 12 months.

Okay, rant over and I am out of the dance circle of eligibilty.

A serious question for our esteemed mods and senior members. Are you aware of any precedents that DV interview process was disrupted due to sudden closure of US embassies or consulates? Any cases of interviews getting rescheduled to another embassy or consulate in another country?

A serious question for our esteemed mods and senior members. Are you aware of any precedents that DV interview process was disrupted due to sudden closure of US embassies or consulates? Any cases of interviews getting rescheduled to another embassy or consulate in another country?

Yes. Selectees in Iran, Cuba and Venezuela have had cases transferred to neighboring countries when the US closed the consulates in their countries.

Hi there,

I'm posting this to give a hope for everyone
I'm a DV2021 winner CN AS1XXX
I have submitted my ds260 on 9th of june
Recieved the KCC submitting documents email on 15th of July
Requesting
Passport copy ( the DV entry passport used to submit and incase it is expired attach also the valid passport)
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Police clearance certificate in all countries you have lived more than 6 month
Military ( incase you have served in the military )
Court records (incase you have been in jail)

Mentioning if the documents (except passport copy ) not in english or the first language where your interview will be located must be translated through certified translator

My advice translate all documents incase it's not in English because you need it to be english if you succeed and traveled to US

Best wishes for All
Congratulations! Keep us updated.

Congratulations! Keep us updated.

Thank you

Another update
After submitting documents
Auto email received that a response from kcc from 2-6 weeks regarding the documents
Incase you didn't receive an email kindly send an email back to kcc with your case number.

I recieved the confirmation email within a week ,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all documentation required by the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

It seems that they are only working on DV2021 cases because of that the process became much faster
Feeling sorry to Dv2020 winners hope for them all the best

It seems that they are only working on DV2021 cases because of that the process became much faster
Well usually by this point there is nothing left to do for DV2020 anyway, as interview notices for the remainder of the fiscal year would have been sent weeks ago, and in fact they normally would be working on scheduling the first batch of 2021 interviews. October interview notifications would be sent late August. Which isn't happening either.

If the TRO gets granted kcc will presumably scramble to try get some dv2020 interviews scheduled at the consulates that are open before FY end.

When is the latest you can submit the DS260 form?

I haven't submitted mine because I'm still having trouble finding an US address.

I haven't submitted mine because I'm still having trouble finding an US address.
You can just write in a hotel address or something like that (a valid street address that you could use if necessary, sometimes people find something like a church organization that may help too) in the meantime, and update it at your interview.

Thank you

Another update
After submitting documents
Auto email received that a response from kcc from 2-6 weeks regarding the documents
Incase you didn't receive an email kindly send an email back to kcc with your case number.

I recieved the confirmation email within a week ,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all documentation required by the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Thank you for the update.

You can just write in a hotel address or something like that (a valid street address that you could use if necessary, sometimes people find something like a church organization that may help too) in the meantime, and update it at your interview.

Depends on your CN. For me Brit Simon said I can wait until Feb-March to submit my DS260 form.