• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Asia selectees

Hi, glad to be in this forum... My case no is AS129** from SriLanka... Lets pray that the court case will achieve against travel ban... Then we can see how things will go on.. Als i suspects that a great number of winners of DV 2021 will not proceed with their case bcz of covid 19 impact in USA ... Even missing 3 months can do a big impact for any one.. Lets pray friends.... :)

Congratulations! And welcome..
Hi, glad to be in this forum... My case no is AS129** from SriLanka... Lets pray that the court case will achieve against travel ban... Then we can see how things will go on.. Als i suspects that a great number of winners of DV 2021 will not proceed with their case bcz of covid 19 impact in USA ... Even missing 3 months can do a big impact for any one.. Lets pray friends.... :)
Hopefully the ban is lifted and proceedings start soon.

Around less than 2 hours ago, i called the KCC for a quick inquiry and of course asked him about my DS260 for 2021 lottery.

It has been received successfully and he told me to wait until i receive an email for more denouements.

In case if I have not received any email until the end of Sept. I shoud write/call the KCC again.

So guys all relax and wait and let us hope that the emails will be sent soon, no need to panic.

Best of luck

Around less than 2 hours ago, i called the KCC for a quick inquiry and of course asked him about my DS260 for 2021 lottery.

It has been received successfully and he told me to wait until i receive an email for more denouements.

In case if I have not received any email until the end of Sept. I shoud write/call the KCC again.

So guys all relax and wait and let us hope that the emails will be sent soon, no need to panic.

Best of luck
Thank you for sharing the information. What is your CN?

Congratulations! Glad to see hk ppl here
Which place you choose to interview?

I choose the embassy in hongkong to interview because there have a travel ban 2.0.
I just sent the DS-260 this Sunday and waiting the e-mail which need to required the document.

I choose the embassy in hongkong to interview because there have a travel ban 2.0.
I just sent the DS-260 this Sunday and waiting the e-mail which need to required the document.

Hi, also HK ppl here, 2021ASXXXX. I plan to do AOS.

POTUS just signed a new executive order on Jul 14th to suspense HK's special status, including "eliminat[ing] the preference for Hong Kong passport holders as compared to PRC passport holders;" (Sec 3(b)), and suspending HK as a standalone region from PRC for immigration-related applications (Sec 2a). I hope it won't affect our DV lottery results.

Hi, also HK ppl here, 2021ASXXXX. I plan to do AOS.

POTUS just signed a new executive order on Jul 14th to suspense HK's special status, including "eliminat[ing] the preference for Hong Kong passport holders as compared to PRC passport holders;" (Sec 3(b)), and suspending HK as a standalone region from PRC for immigration-related applications (Sec 2a). I hope it won't affect our DV lottery results.

Congratulations! I guess AOS's situation will be better than us which stay in hong kong.
It is because KCC still process the interview of those AOS winner.

The new executive makes me panic also but the only way is wait for the reply from KCC.
Just hope that will affect in the DV-2022, not DV-2021.... :(

Congratulations! I guess AOS's situation will be better than us which stay in hong kong.
It is because KCC still process the interview of those AOS winner.

The new executive makes me panic also but the only way is wait for the reply from KCC.
Just hope that will affect in the DV-2022, not DV-2021.... :(
That's why I am not having interview in HK
Maybe we can send an email to KCC and ask for detail
HK ppl would not have chance to join DV lottery starting from DV-2022

That's why I am not having interview in HK
Maybe we can send an email to KCC and ask for detail
HK ppl would not have chance to join DV lottery starting from DV-2022

May I ask do you have BNO qualification or not?
Actually I was think about interview in Guam because there have not visa required with HKSAR passport.
Luckily I didn’t choose it because we don’t have the right to enter Guam without visa anymore.

So sad about HK ppl lost the chance to join the DV lottery.....

Actually I was think about interview in Guam because there have not visa required with HKSAR passport.
Luckily I didn’t choose it because we don’t have the right to enter Guam without visa anymore.

Where are you guys getting this information about DV2021 HK selectees not being eligible to proceed with their selection?

Guam is a US territory. You can’t interview for a visa there. You also cannot just “choose” an embassy to interview at unless you either reside there or are a national of that country. I don’t actually understand what the problem with interviewing in Hong Kong is, can you explain?

Where are you guys getting this information about DV2021 HK selectees not being eligible to proceed with their selection?
Yesterday president Trump just confirm the changes of United States–Hong Kong Policy Act which will have changes.

Here are some of the details:

Sec. 2. Pursuant to section 202 of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992 (22 U.S.C. 5722), I hereby suspend the application of section 201(a) of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992, as amended (22 U.S.C. 5721(a)), to the following statutes:

(a) section 103 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (8 U.S.C. 1152 note);

(b) sections 203(c), 212(l), and 221(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended (8 U.S.C. 1153(c), 1182(l), and 1201(c), respectively);

It means no more hongkong people can join DV-2022 because people born in China which have not any right to join DV lottery.
We also don’t know there will have any happen for DV-2021 Hong Kong winner.

Yesterday president Trump just confirm the changes of United States–Hong Kong Policy Act which will have changes.

Here are some of the details:

Sec. 2. Pursuant to section 202 of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992 (22 U.S.C. 5722), I hereby suspend the application of section 201(a) of the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992, as amended (22 U.S.C. 5721(a)), to the following statutes:

(a) section 103 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (8 U.S.C. 1152 note);

(b) sections 203(c), 212(l), and 221(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended (8 U.S.C. 1153(c), 1182(l), and 1201(c), respectively);

It means no more hongkong people can join DV-2022 because people born in China which have not any right to join DV lottery.
We also don’t know there will have any happen for DV-2021 Hong Kong winner.
EOs are never retroactive. It won’t do anything to 2021 selectees.

Out of interest does anyone know how the ”new” status compares to Macau, because Macau can enter?

No
Actually I will have study in Taiwan 2 months later so I choose having interview in Taiwan.
Another reason is personal safety. I probably give up if KCC asks me to have interview in HK
The worst case I guess in HK.... US officers may leave, then how can you have interview?
Hope Sm1smom & SusieQQQ can answer your question about interview location because they are well experienced