• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 Asia Only

I have just spoken with a KCC agent over the phone. Apperently, there is NOTHING special about AS region this year (no big surprise here..), and she claimed that according to what she knows, some NLs for AS region have already been shipped out, and the drawing in the lottery is currently at its full-speed so we just have to wait and pray for NL to arrive.

Hi Greekos, Does KCC staffs answer our call if we are not a winner?
I guess not. I used to call them and they requested me the case number.

Hi Greekos, Does KCC staffs answer our call if we are not a winner?
I guess not. I used to call them and they requested me the case number.

I called, a representitive answered after about 10 minutes of waiting. I told her that I'm a participant for the DV2010 from Asia, and wanted to know why are there known winners all over the globe except for AS region. She was very nice and polite, didn't ask me for any case number due to the fact that I introduced myself as a PARTICIPANT, and told me that NLs for AS are out as well as far as she can tell, and there's nothing special. She noted that the staff at KCC doesn't have anything to do with selecting the winners, and it is done randomly by a computer.

Moreover, this morning I found out about an Israeli (Israel is part of AS) winner who got his NL yesterday. I don't have any further details right now, but I'll keep you posted. If turns out to be true, then she was right (the KCC agent)

Moreover, this morning I found out about an Israeli (Israel is part of AS) winner who got his NL yesterday. I don't have any further details right now, but I'll keep you posted. If turns out to be true, then she was right (the KCC agent)

My Friend,
Where did you hear about Israeli winner? inside another forum?
I think if anybody of you could reach other forums in the local languages then could you please send a message in those forums and invite their members to come here and join us? I think in this way we can be a larger community with much more news and more information for share.:cool:

That's true. They got NLs in Israel but played from Georgia, Ukraine and Russia.

website in Russian:

govorimpro.us/forum/showthread.php?t=12046

I am Asian nationality and currently reside in USA. So am I considered as ASIA drawing region or USA drawing region?

I am Asian nationality and currently reside in USA. So am I considered as ASIA drawing region or USA drawing region?

there is no such thing as USA region as far as it concerns the DV lottery due to obvious reasons. If you were born in an Asian country, and you participate in the DV lottery based on that country, you're considered part of the AS region drawing. It doesn't matter if you currently reside within the USA. If you do get a NL, your case number will be ASXXXXXXXX.
good luck

That's true. They got NLs in Israel but played from Georgia, Ukraine and Russia.

website in Russian:

govorimpro.us/forum/showthread.php?t=12046

Whats that mean? They received their NL in Israel and nobody from AS region who will receive his/her NL inside US didn't receive anything?! I mean sending letters from US to Israel takes much more time than inside US. It takes about 2 weeks or later then why AS applicants inside US didn't receive anything by now?!:( Isn't that strange?:confused::(:(

I received you letter

case Number: 2010AF0003XXXX

SENT DATE BY KCC: 22 APRIL,2009
RECEIVED DATE: 12 MAY,2009
UKRAINE

Last edited by a moderator:
Emmanuel, I sent you a private message. Check your inbox.
Please edit your post:
1)Remove your PA name
2)Replace your CN with 2010AF0003XXXX

One of forum states that NL have received for people in Nepal..But I am not confident for this as many of the website of Nepal show these but they joke after writing that they have received NL...

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope to receive NL

Hi, just wondering, if someone born in Macau Special Administrative Region, should they expect NLs from EU or AS. thx

For DV-2010, Macau SAR is in EU Region. I always find it strange because Hong Kong and Taiwan are in AS Region.

from asia not europe. when asian nls will be out you can check it in the asian regions. ......

You are wrong. Please make sure you know what you are talking about before you post.

Refer to P.15 of http://travel.state.gov/pdf/T1026V-DV-2010bulletin(3).pdf

For DV-2010, Macau SAR is in EU Region. I always find it strange because Hong Kong and Taiwan are in AS Region.

You are wrong. Please make sure you know what you are talking about before you post.

[/url]

i think i should expect EU NLs then. i always feel like it has higher chance to be selected in AS, since EU hv twice of AS countries. HK and TW hv much more ppl got selected than Macau. it seem like all the EU NLs are already out and i hvn't got any, need to wait for next yr lottery. = =