• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 Asia Only

asian nls are out

hello friends if you are confused if asian nls are out or not please do not be confused. 24 letters are arrived in Nepal in 13th of may which means asian nls are out already. so keep checking your mail-boxes. unfortunately I did not receive letter until yet:(:(:(:(:(:(

i think i should expect EU NLs then. i always feel like it has higher chance to be selected in AS, since EU hv twice of AS countries. HK and TW hv much more ppl got selected than Macau. it seem like all the EU NLs are already out and i hvn't got any, need to wait for next yr lottery. = =

Hi there, I am from Macau too.
I have been expecting for the DV notification letter for over 2 months...Also I check my mail box every day to make sure that I won't miss the NL. Nevertheless, the only reward for my sincere expectation is those valueless advertisements. I am currently waiting in the US under a F-1 visa.
One thing I want to emphasis to you is that we all have an equal chance of being selected. However, they won't select more than 7 percent of the participants in one qualified region/country. Unfortunately I sure the result of Europe is out. Accordting to my observation, there was only 12 people selected last year. Therefore, I estimate all of the participants from Macau got their NLs with small numbers last year(within 1000). If you are waiting in Macau, you should get your NL within the coming two weeks.(Just my personal opinion) If you have any questions or want to discuss further with me, feel free to send me an e-mail.

NL have received for people in Nepal
I already checked Nepal's Post website it declares that 24 NLs are received so far. It's reliable sources. Believe it!!!
In conclusion, Asia region is out!!!
Wish every one here with luck.

I already checked Nepal's Post website it declares that 24 NLs are received so far. It's reliable sources. Believe it!!!
In conclusion, Asia region is out!!!
Wish every one here with luck.

I really want to think positive BUT my friends here is a fact that I want to ask your opinion about that,
When NLs received in Nepal and nobody of us (AS applicants) received inside US by now, it is a little bad for us. The letters inside US could be deliver very faster than a foreign country. We expect to receive our letters inside US before this time and I think this shows that unfortunately we didn't win this year!!! :(:(:(

Could you please tell me your opinion?

Hi there, I am from Macau too.
I have been expecting for the DV notification letter for over 2 months...Also I check my mail box every day to make sure that I won't miss the NL. Nevertheless, the only reward for my sincere expectation is those valueless advertisements. I am currently waiting in the US under a F-1 visa.
One thing I want to emphasis to you is that we all have an equal chance of being selected. However, they won't select more than 7 percent of the participants in one qualified region/country. Unfortunately I sure the result of Europe is out. Accordting to my observation, there was only 12 people selected last year. Therefore, I estimate all of the participants from Macau got their NLs with small numbers last year(within 1000). If you are waiting in Macau, you should get your NL within the coming two weeks.(Just my personal opinion) If you have any questions or want to discuss further with me, feel free to send me an e-mail.

I am holding F1 here too, but indeed I put my Macau address on the application. i always doubt ppl from Macau willing to move USA except those holding F1. i think 1000 is reasonable, even there are only one- tenth of HK population, but still hv many Macau ppl holdig F1 in here. where u live anyway?

I am holding F1 here too, but indeed I put my Macau address on the application. i always doubt ppl from Macau willing to move USA except those holding F1. i think 1000 is reasonable, even there are only one- tenth of HK population, but still hv many Macau ppl holdig F1 in here. where u live anyway?

O jesus why you use the Macau address! It's no different whether you receive the NL in Macau or in the US. (Obviously receiving NL in the US is more convenient for me!)
Yeah I think so...Only people who are holding F-1 VISA interested in DV lottery...Coz the Macau governemnt gives prenty of money to every resident.:D The well-being in Macau is extremely good! XD Therefore, I think I will go back to Macau after I graduate.
I am living in CA, Cupertino.=] How about u

O jesus why you use the Macau address! It's no different whether you receive the NL in Macau or in the US. (Obviously receiving NL in the US is more convenient for me!)
Yeah I think so...Only people who are holding F-1 VISA interested in DV lottery...Coz the Macau governemnt gives prenty of money to every resident.:D The well-being in Macau is extremely good! XD Therefore, I think I will go back to Macau after I graduate.
I am living in CA, Cupertino.=] How about u

coz i always move around june, so maybe it is safer to send to macau. good for u. since my major is electrical engineering. it is hard to get job in macau for me. i live in LA right now, going to graduate in spring. i may apply master in san jose or santa clara for the coming winter. how is cost up there?

DVLaker, don't lose hope, regardless of which region Macau belongs. Beginning in July, you can also check online with your confirmation number to verify whether you are selected or not.

I really want to think positive BUT my friends here is a fact that I want to ask your opinion about that,
When NLs received in Nepal and nobody of us (AS applicants) received inside US by now, it is a little bad for us. The letters inside US could be deliver very faster than a foreign country. We expect to receive our letters inside US before this time and I think this shows that unfortunately we didn't win this year!!! :(:(:(

Could you please tell me your opinion?

VahidGTU...I absolutely agree with your thoughts...

I gonna believe that Asia winners visit this site but they don't register to post anything.
Pls register and play with us.

Get ready guys...this week is crucial...Many Nepalese received their NL's around this week in past years... crossing my fingers..good luck to all of you..

any news from HK/ TW / Macau ? just curious , is anyone hv experience getting criminal record from canada while living in US. i know there are alot of places doing live scanning(fingerprint) in US, not sure if canada accept that? since it take like 120 days for the paper rolling and it cost too much to do it in canada in person.

Hi all Asia dv2010 winner!!

Still I am not yet received any news who received any NL from Asia region. I hop the nex week may be ie until 25 may 2009

Wait and see.
wish good luck for all asian.
Hannan
saudi arabia

Hey Asians

Waw it is may 19 no body got any thing ? this is first time am in Asian table .........comparing with Africans ,they started to recieved on first week of April......keep to postive okay ..........are all in here in state or just back home ?

Good luck

Come on KCC let the suspence be over so we can move on....haha its killing me ..anyone?? yet?? if you are using this forum as a guest and you are a winner please register and let us know please..

I think NLs are out if we did not receive, we will not. Lets c what has fate in store for us all. Good Luck everyone.

Im from AS and ive had someone to register in on behalf of me in u.s

if i ever win can he fill the forms for me? or should the forms be filled by me?
you know mailing me all the applications back to me is a very time consuming process so i had this question.

any news from HK/ TW / Macau ? just curious , is anyone hv experience getting criminal record from canada while living in US. i know there are alot of places doing live scanning(fingerprint) in US, not sure if canada accept that? since it take like 120 days for the paper rolling and it cost too much to do it in canada in person.

I know someone from TW got the NL on 18th May...But I still get nothing...jesus...I really need that in order to apply a good university= =!