• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I'm not worried about that anymore! I also receive my approved travel authorization but it is still pending online with a July 9 date!
badluck2, I wish you all the best, hopefully you're next :)

Congratulations maconcita,:)
Happy GC . Yea it is the time for you to celebrate:) and thank you for wishing me to be the next one. I scheduled an infopass to see what is going on :confused:and if I do not see any thing changed I have to ask our congressman for help.

Happy GC . Yea it is the time for you to celebrate:) and thank you for wishing me to be the next one. I scheduled an infopass to see what is going on :confused:and if I do not see any thing changed I have to ask our congressman for help.

I hope you will! You know the process better than anyone, I'm sure you have it under control. Start contacting congressman and senators NOW, with the presidency, they might all be busy!!!
Good luck my friend, :)

40 Days to DV-2008

Hello Guys, and congrats to all the lucky ones that already have a GC in their hands. I feel the need to share my experience with all of you since it may help me or others.

March 07: NL received

March 07: Mailed forms to KCC

July 07: Send I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals etc from my Wife process
(H1 -> labor Cert -> adjustment of status) (don't ask why !!)

October 07: Biometrics for my Wife's Process

November - December 07: Receive Travel Doc, Work Permit

August 08: Made decision to send DV-2008 forms

August 18, 08: Send "expedite" I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals from my DV-2008

August 20, 08: Send "expedite" the DV-2008 $750 Visa Fee

August 25, 08: I-485 Checks Cashed

August 27, 08: Receive the receipts for all of the 3 forms

August 30, 08: Biometric Appointment letter received, appointment for September 10

August 30, 08: Received the receipt of the $750

September 03, 08: Went to USCIS office for a "walk in" biometrics, they try to convince Us to came on our date, but after some talk of my part they allow Us to do it, They only take one fingerprint and one photo since me and my wife where already on the system. (they mention case 2 type of biometrics, like a confirmation that we are who we said we are)

I will update this to see if in 27 days we will get the DV-2008 GC

Best to all

JAZ

Hello Guys, and congrats to all the lucky ones that already have a GC in their hands. I feel the need to share my experience with all of you since it may help me or others.

Best to all

JAZ

Hi Jaz,
I don't understand why you waited from November 07 to August 08? Everything else you've done seems in order but time might not be in your favor! it takes time to do anything with USCIS! Although, it all depends on your field office. I honestly hope they'll expedite your case since it is DV and it is expiring soon. keep pushing, calling...
I wish you all the best!

do not wait. start asking your congressman for help NOW

Hi Jaz,
I don't understand why you waited from November 07 to August 08? Everything else you've done seems in order but time might not be in your favor! it takes time to do anything with USCIS! Although, it all depends on your field office. I honestly hope they'll expedite your case since it is DV and it is expiring soon. keep pushing, calling...
I wish you all the best!

Well the answer is because our lawyers told Us that my wife process was going ok and for sure we will get he GC before Sept 30 2008, and if that was not the case we can always use the DV as a backup

Well the answer is because our lawyers told Us that my wife process was going ok and for sure we will get he GC before Sept 30 2008, and if that was not the case we can always use the DV as a backup

Oh WOW! I hope you get it! Lawyers can be misleading, I've had my share of mishappenings.
Well, good luck with everything, I hope it all goes well for you!:)

My status online changed FINALLY! My AOS was changed to approved on 9/3 and my EAD was changed to approved on 9/3 as well. My travel docs status is still unchanged but I received it yesterday! :D

Congrats Maconcita..FINALLY!!! You has 'graduated' now..time to party! You will get the card within a week for sure now and then you can get your SSN updated.

November - December 07: Receive Travel Doc, Work Permit

August 08: Made decision to send DV-2008 forms

August 18, 08: Send "expedite" I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals from my DV-2008

August 20, 08: Send "expedite" the DV-2008 $750 Visa Fee

August 25, 08: I-485 Checks Cashed

August 27, 08: Receive the receipts for all of the 3 forms

August 30, 08: Biometric Appointment letter received, appointment for September 10

August 30, 08: Received the receipt of the $750

September 03, 08: Went to USCIS office for a "walk in" biometrics, they try to convince Us to came on our date, but after some talk of my part they allow Us to do it, They only take one fingerprint and one photo since me and my wife where already on the system. (they mention case 2 type of biometrics, like a confirmation that we are who we said we are)

Best to all

JAZ

Your case is the exact same with us. We lodge the EB3 I485 last October--but it got stuck since no visa available. But despite what people said and told us to use the DV as backup, we didnt listen-instead we process it as if we have no employment based GC

Congrats Maconcita..FINALLY!!! You has 'graduated' now..time to party! You will get the card within a week for sure now and then you can get your SSN updated.

I hope we will get them soon too! but it is so relieving to have the welcome letter!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

I hope we will get them soon too! but it is so relieving to have the welcome letter!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

yup, getting greencard thru Dv lottery feels so unreal. I remember getting the welcome letter and the card and i'll just keep looking at them just to make sure it was not a dream. it is unbelieveable to be honest. I know folks that have been waiting more than 5yrs for greencard and here i am, as a permanent resident for winning some lottery. Incredible.

yup, getting greencard thru Dv lottery feels so unreal. I remember getting the welcome letter and the card and i'll just keep looking at them just to make sure it was not a dream. it is unbelieveable to be honest. I know folks that have been waiting more than 5yrs for greencard and here i am, as a permanent resident for winning some lottery. Incredible.

I hear ya my friend! As I mentioned before, I have been in the US for over 11 years now. I have tried to get it through an employer and let me tell you, it's a nightmare, it takes so long. I still can't believe we were given this great chance. My husband has been trying this lottery for 10 years now and I have for 5 years. I guess when I receive the GC it will become somewhat of a reality.:)
I honestly wish everyone the very best of luck. I know what it means to come so close to lose it all because of stupid bureaucracy!

Jazb, getting lawyer doesn't mean you have to trust or handed everything over to him/her. To all of you, please keep in mind that lawyer can give you his/her professional opinion, but it is you who should take control and knowing exactly where and what you want to do with your case. You are not his ONLY client.

The fact that you submitted your DV application late (assuming your number was already current), your chance to get DV GC was also smaller. Employment based GC is processing thru seperate channel other than DV GC. DV will be most likely handled by MSC, and your employment based case will be handled by the service center of where you live.

My situation was exactly same as yours. I had my employment based stuck due to no more visa number available for 08 fiscal year (it was on the last step). I talked to my lawyer and he suggested me to process the DV whenever it became eligible for me to submit the paperwork. The USCIS was fully aware that I submitted 2 I-485 packets, and the interviewer actually informed me that he would not be able to granting DV GC if I didn't voluntarily withdraw my employment based GC case.

So again, if any one of you in this situation, do not abandon your DV GC. USCIS will try their best to expedite DV case until no more visa number available for the corresponding fiscal year.

I personally think I would get GC from my employment based case, but why wait if I knew there is a chance to get it sooner?

Anyway, I hope everything will work out well for you...

That is what is called the GRACE OF GOD.

That is what is called the GRACE OF GOD.

Thank GOD for everything. You're right dv2008gh.
So did you get your GC yet? You know I received my travel documents (which are still pending online) and my EAD was approved online (but I have not received it yet).
well, just wanted to check on you and your update. It seems that I'm following your steps with a delay of a couple of days or so...
take care,

AOS Fee

Hey guys,

While paying AOS fee, how many personal check do I need to include with the package? Do I need to have two personal check one for I-485 and another for biometrics or a single check of $1010 is good?

thanks a lot.

Please let me know what you think

Hi everybody,

I really need your opinian on this. Today I had an info pass, and was told that our name check was still pending, and that USCIS has requested from FBI to expedite the process. This is very different from what the interviewing officer told us. As I reported earlier, the officer told us he could not make such request. Even if they did make the request, I am not sure its going to work. That is why I talked to a lawyer. The lawyer, who is very famous in our area, told me that we should file a Mandamus (sue the USCIS). She asked for $10000 (6000 upfront 4000 after the case is approved) to do this. However, I am not sure if this is going to work either. I mean, if USCIS has already requested to expedite the case, what else can we want from them. I told her about this, but she said we should go ahead with her plan. Do you have any idea how effective this may be? Please let me know what you think, what should we do?