• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

How's everyone doing? Maconcita, dv2008gh, fjelltronen, badluck...any update with your case?

Hi Glistenpearls,

I had an InfoPass appointment this morning. No change. Agent denied that there is such a thing as expediting FBI name checks. :( I'm sending a letter to the office director. We'll see what happens...

Thanks for asking

How's everyone doing? Maconcita, dv2008gh, fjelltronen, badluck...any update with your case?

Hi Glistenpearls,
I did an infopass yesterday and asked for my name check status and when the name check pending will be 180 days. He asked me to sit and after 5 minutes called me again and asked “What your interviewer told you during interview, any pending?” this question was so weird!!
I told him that my interviewer told me that my case is considered pending due to pending name check.
Then again he asked me to sit and after 5 minutes he told me that my name check still pending although they already expedited it. And 180 days pending of name check will be past 30 september. And, he copied our NOA and said he is going to send a reminder to the I-485 supervisor. And asked me not to worry too much because FBI and their office are aware of the due date.
Thank you so much for asking

Yesterday, we received our green cards. The long journey is over. Hope everyone would get their cards during the next 30 days. Thank you guys for all information. Without this web-page, I do not know what I would do to get information about AOS.

Just got my welcome notice :) :) Thank you all....Wish everybody in here the best.

CONGRATULATIONS dv2008gh, You have been waiting for this for a long time, finally, it is becoming reality. I just got back from the beach, I have received NOTHING! My husband scheduled an infopass for Wednesday, lets see what will happen then. I hope our letter is coming soon :D
Well, I'll keep you posted. good luck to everyone still waiting for the famous letter!
Glistenpearls, I want to graduate too :)

CONGRATULATIONS dv2008gh, You have been waiting for this for a long time, finally, it is becoming reality. I just got back from the beach, I have received NOTHING! My husband scheduled an infopass for Wednesday, lets see what will happen then. I hope our letter is coming soon :D
Well, I'll keep you posted. good luck to everyone still waiting for the famous letter!
Glistenpearls, I want to graduate too :)

Thank you maconcita. You'll receive the welcome notice soon. My welcome letter was dated on the day that I called the local office. Although they had approved the case, it was after I called them that they sent the approval to the MSC. Wish u all the best...you'll get it :)

Thank you maconcita. You'll receive the welcome notice soon. My welcome letter was dated on the day that I called the local office. Although they had approved the case, it was after I called them that they sent the approval to the MSC. Wish u all the best...you'll get it :)

Do you think I need to try to call them to expedite? did your status online change? Thanks

Do you think I need to try to call them to expedite? did your status online change? Thanks

Yep, if that is possible because although they approved my case on the day of the interview, it reflected only in the local office systems not at MSC. When I called them, the lady put me on hold and sent the approval to MSC and assured me that I should see a status update soon. My online status hasn't changed though. I know you'll get it....it's a matter of time.

Yep, if that is possible because although they approved my case on the day of the interview, it reflected only in the local office systems not at MSC. When I called them, the lady put me on hold and sent the approval to MSC and assured me that I should see a status update soon. My online status hasn't changed though. I know you'll get it....it's a matter of time.

I can't get to anyone! All numbers lead to a pre-recorded message or a dead end!

I called the information number and kept trying different extensions :D until I got to a representative who was quite rude. She first told me that I needed to request it in writing or come in person. I told her that all i wanted was to know whether my file was sent to MSC. She was pissed but asked for my A#. When I gave it to her she said "your file isn't here". I asked her if she was sure since I had my interview then she responded: "didn't you say you only wanted to know if it is here? it ain't here!!!!:mad:"
I thanked her and hand up. I don't know what it means or if she said it to get rid of me, but I'll wait this week to see if i get anything. If not, we'll do an infopass next week!
thanks dv2008gh!

Yesterday, we received our green cards. The long journey is over. Hope everyone would get their cards during the next 30 days. Thank you guys for all information. Without this web-page, I do not know what I would do to get information about AOS.

Congradulations nazarov
Enjoy your time with your GC and good luck . Yes you graduated from this too.

WE RECEIVED THE WELCOME NOTICE :D
It is about time!
thank you everyone... Next Green Cards
By the way, my online status is still pending