• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Had infopass today.
My namecheck still pending, but 180 days passed last Friday.
Luckily today officer was aware of 180 days rule and timeline importance of DV cases,
she sent message to adjudication officer to pull out case for processing.
So far status was not changed.
I guess I'll give them another week and if no progress with my case I'd contact congressman and senator.

Not too sure if this has been mentioned before but say for example your EAD and travel parole has been approved (my guess mine will be early Sept) and say the worse case scenario I havent been to interview as yet thus I'm not going to get the DV, will they cancel your already approved EAD/travel parole? Sorry if that doesnt make sense.

I'm already prepare for the worse if in case I couldnt meet the Sept 30 deadline. However I previously got an EAD/travel parole on employment base-should I just renew those instead since they are expire at the end of October? because I should really send the renewal application around now (120 days before expire).

What do you think?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Do you need to personally know your senator to contact him/her for DV reasons? It 's been just 6-8 months that we have moved to this place and we know nobody in this place. If yes where can we get the address of senator/congressman from?

Thanks for your quick reply JohnKent..

Quick question.
Do we use the online form in the website to contact them or we go there personally? It seems it is not easy to visit them due to security reasons. Can you share your experience on that please?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your quick reply JohnKent..

Quick question.
Do we use the online form in the website to contact them or we go there personally? It seems it is not easy to visit them due to security reasons. Can you share your experience on that please?

Thanks in advance

You don't have to contact their Washington Office. All Senators have offices at their various states and it would be alot better if you got the number to their state office, send them ur letter or fax it and then give them a call a few days later. They might actually call ya.
I personally took mine to my Senator's office as they've helped me out with a few stuff before so they knew who i was.
It won't hurt to make an appointment to see whoever is incharge at the local office and talk things over with them. i hope that helps.

Hi Johnkent,

Did u get to know that your background has cleared and EAD approved the next day? How did u get that information.

Hi Johnkent,

Did u get to know that your background has cleared and EAD approved the next day? How did u get that information.

i scheduled an infopass and the lady at USCIS office told me that my background and Namecheck cleared the next day after biometrics. She said it was very unusual but that it does happen sometimes. I guess i was that lucky.
I got the EAD and AP approval Notice the next day after Biometrics and 10 days later, i got the EAD card. AP i got 7 days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
July 12: Welcome letter
Congrats, only few days and you have the card in hands :)

Dont know if you know it, with the receipt number on the welcome letter you can check the status at uscis.com :)

Congrats, only few days and you have the card in hands :)

Dont know if you know it, with the receipt number on the welcome letter you can check the status at uscis.com :)

I've always had a receipt number for my case and a few hrs after my interview, it changed to card production ordered.

leny

I had the same situation like you. I were in the Durham office and was told exactly the same things. I think the office is not aware of anything about DV lottery. I wrote to the congressman and senator and have not heard anything from them. Let work together on our cases.

I had my fp 2 weeks before you and to date nothing change in the online status. I hope I will get the interview letter soon.

Have u called to check if the results have been sent back to the USCIS? I called the FBI and they told me that the results were sent back to the USCIS the same day.

Thanks guys for your help so far.

I mailed my AOS Packet to Chicago LockBox. My wifes check got cashed on 16th but mine has not been cashed yet. We had kept the two checks in two separate packets.

Should both the checks(Mine and My wifes(DV winner)) gets cashed together or seperately? Can anyone please share their experience in this.

UPDATE!!

I just got the interview letter--scheduled for Aug 7 at 9am!!
But yeah..I have checked the case status online...nothing change..oh well!! I cannot wait-I hope I still make it and get the GC :)

Thanks!! But the letter is so plain, I wonder now whether this is an interview for DV or the employment based? because I have both. ANy way to check to make sure i bring the correct documents?