• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Got the interview letter today for Febr 28:)

Woohoo! Fabulous Ruxy, now to prepare the paperwork for interview...

If anyone wants a list of what I took, let me know - I did a comprehensive search of this forum going back a few years, as well as other sites. A couple of things I would never have thought of (for example, pay stubs for husband's stipend).

stressedstudent,
they asked for 3 papers: passport, letter from the employer (which we already sent with the package in December) and a paper (translated in English) about all the arrests that we had. I'll take with me all the documents, not only these 3, but I'm a little bit worried about the 3th one, I don't know what exactly they want...

Ruxy,

Don't be worried. You just need a translated police certificate from your home country which attests the fact that you didn't have any arrests, convictions etc and take the same thing from US (from each city you lived in; they should give it to you right the way).

Leny

stressedstudent,
they asked for 3 papers: passport, letter from the employer (which we already sent with the package in December) and a paper (translated in English) about all the arrests that we had. I'll take with me all the documents, not only these 3, but I'm a little bit worried about the 3th one, I don't know what exactly they want...

stressedstudent,

Hi Ruxy - I would do what Leny suggested. I didn't have it, and there is no general requirement for it, but if they are asking for it, absolutely get it and take it. In fact, in one past AOS thread someone was asked to take this as well so they got the certificates and were indeed asked for them in the interview. So, if you can get them before your interview, get them - if you can't get them from your home country, at least get US ones (if I recall, this was all the old thread person was asked for).

I wasn't sure what they would ask me for because I was sent a generic letter for all AOS applicants (family, work, DV etc), so I took everything I could think of from letters of current enrolment at university, to job offers post-university for me, to stipend info for husband, all official birth and marriage documents, old passports (which we were asked for), pay stubs (again, asked for, and not requested in the letter), wedding photos (last minute thing, and what do you know, he asked for them!), high school and university diplomas etc.

I think its a total crap shoot about what documents you get asked to show depending on the officer you get to interview you, so just be prepared!

I hope something will come out of this. Yep, I am around 4 hrs 30 minutes from local office. I am looking for the senator/congressman response. Will wait till Feb end. If nothing comes by then, then probably by Feb end or March 1st week, will make a trip to the local office to find out about it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to google out for the director's address.

Excellent - hopefully this helps, at the least they will make an inquiry on your behalf. I remember that you were a fair distance from your local office, have you thought about making a trip down there? Another option is to do a google search and try to find out who the director of the office is and write them a letter/email directly.

Congratulations to Ruxy and van_7788.

I've received EAD cards today, but still didn't got interview invitation :(

Local Office St. Paul, Minneapolis

Anyone on this list whose USCIS local office is St. Paul, Minneapolis. I would like to see how many of us are from this local office and what are our current status regarding AOS.

Please respond.

Hey guys,

My number will be current in April. I'm so happy.

Stressstudent, what kind of payment you made for the DV fee: casher's check, money order? and how you sent it (regular mail, overnight?).

I the AOS package have you included the paystubs or you took them only for the interview? For how many months?

Thank,
Leny

savy17,
I know each AOS case is different and it very much depends on the local office that we belong to. But, if I'd be you, even if there are 10 hours to drive to my local office, I'll do it today with no hesitation. Of course, you can arrive there and they can tell you to wait again, but at least you know that you did everything that you could to speed up the process...

Hey guys,

My number will be current in April. I'm so happy.

Stressstudent, what kind of payment you made for the DV fee: casher's check, money order? and how you sent it (regular mail, overnight?).

I the AOS package have you included the paystubs or you took them only for the interview? For how many months?

Thank,
Leny

Hi Leny - congrats on your number coming up!!

First, I sent the DV fee via overnight UPS, that way I could track it and have a delivery confirmation, and I also noticed some people were taking up to 6 weeks to get the receipt back and I wanted to have it to submit with my application.

Second, for the AOS package I did not include the paystubs, I only took them to the interview. Here is a copy of the letter I sent listing all the documents I sent in (similar to previous ones posted) - oh, and it was formatted nicely, but posting it here made it ugly!:

November 1, 2007

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1209

Re: DV2008
Application for Adjustment of Status of:
Joe Blogs (2008OC00000XXX) – Winner
Jane Blogs – Spouse of Winner

To whom it may concern,

Please find attached the following documents in relation to my application for adjustment of status, based on the 2008 DV Lottery.

Please note, for ease of reference, I have divided the documents into two bundles, one for myself as the primary applicant (Joe Blogs) and the other for my wife.

Documents Filed for Primary Applicant: Joe Blogs (DV2008OC00000XXX)

1. I-485 fee of $1010 for Joe Blogs
2. 4 passport size photos of Joe Blogs
3. I-485 form
4. I-693 in a sealed envelope
5. Photocopy of government issued birth certificate
6. Photocopy of government issued marriage certificate
7. Evidence of required education:
a. Photocopy of Master of XX certificate
b. Photocopy of Bachelor of XX certificate
c. Photocopy of Year Twelve Diploma (high school)
8. Evidence of financial support:
a. Letter from [university outlining support]
b. Photocopy of [home country] bank statement.
c. Photocopy of [US] bank statement.
9. Photocopy of passport and documentation evidencing current status in the US:
a. Passport front page
b. F1 Visa
c. Valid I-20
d. I94
10. G-325A form
11. Photocopy of diversity-immigrant visa approval notice from the National Visa Center
12. Photocopy of receipt of payment of Department of State Immigration processing fee.

AND
Documents Filed for Spouse Applicant: Jane Blogs

1. I-485 fee of $1010 for Jane Blogs
2. 4 passport size photos of Jane Blogs
3. I-485 form
4. I-693 in a sealed envelope
5. Photocopy of government issued birth certificate
6. Photocopy of government issued marriage certificate
7. Evidence of required education:
a. Photocopy of Enrollment Verification Certificate – verifying enrollment at the University of XX
b. Photocopy of Bachelor of XX certificate
c. Photocopy of Bachelor of XX certificate
d. Photocopy of Bachelor of XX certificate
e. Photocopy of High School certificate
8. Evidence of financial support:
a. Letter of employment offer from XX
b. Photocopy of [home country] bank statement.
c. Photocopy of [US] bank statement.
9. Photocopy of passport and documentation evidencing current status in the US:
a. Passport front page
b. Current I-20
c. Old I-20
d. F1 Visa
e. I94
10. G-325A form
11. Photocopy of diversity-immigrant visa approval notice for Joe Blogs from the National Visa Center
12. Photocopy of receipt of payment of Department of State Immigration processing fee.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Joe Blogs (DV Winner, 2008OC00000XXX)

stressedstudent,

I have one question. In your letter at #11...When and how you got that approval? Was sent to you before you applied for AOS?

stressedstudent,

I have one question. In your letter at #11...When and how you got that approval? Was sent to you before you applied for AOS?

#11 refers to the DV winner letter, if I remember correcetly (I am typing this in class right now LOL!). I think I just copied down the terminology from the letter itself.

stressedstudent, or whoever had the inteview,
what other documents do I need to take with me at the interview except for:
*the specific ones that they asked in the interview letter
*originals of the ones sent to Chicago
*wedding pictures
*pay stubs (is the last month enough?)
thank you,

We were only asked for Birth Certificate and Passports, plus notification letter, but took copies and originals of every document we had sent in the various application stages.

They didn't ask us for anything other than the passports at the interview, which surprised us.

At no point did we provide pay stubs, statements, any other financial information nor sponsorhip documents. We did state our income and amount of money we have as equity in our houses on the covering letter, but they didn't want any proof.

stressedstudent, or whoever had the inteview,
what other documents do I need to take with me at the interview except for:
*the specific ones that they asked in the interview letter
*originals of the ones sent to Chicago
*wedding pictures
*pay stubs (is the last month enough?)
thank you,

I had written to the senator from this area regarding my case and got back the response. They said that they got the reply from local office at St. Paul,MN saying that my application is currently pending and awaiting an interview slot. And they are currently interviewing applicants with priority date of July 2007.

Does anyone have any idea how USCIS process the dv lottery cases? Do they follow the same priority date for each I-485 cases or they give some kind of preference to DV lottery cases because of its time constraint. Any idea?
---------------------------

10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done
10/24/07 - EAD card proceesing started
11/2/07 - EAD card approved
11/8/07 - Received EAD card in mail
- Waiting for Interview call

Last edited by a moderator: