• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Can somebody please tell me if the $45 security surcharge needs to be included with the $375 DV fee for the DOS? If not, then when is that required to be paid?

No 2nd letter from KCC received yet
13 September - Appointment for medicals
5 September - Planning to pay $375 DV fee (+ $45 security surcharge???)
1 October - Planning to send complete pacakge to Chicago lockbox

haven't heard about that $45. U can call USCIS customer service

when to mail pacKage to USCIS

Hi,
I know my number will be current in october, ( CN- AF 39**) but which exact date should i mail the forms and medical report? and what letter do i need from my current university?

Hi,
I know my number will be current in october, ( CN- AF 39**) but which exact date should i mail the forms and medical report? and what letter do i need from my current university?

u can send off ur package oct 1st. U just need ur I-20 signed by ur int'l advisor. make copies of all I-20 and travel documents(passport, I-94) and mail em together with ur forms

Jelica and ruxy,

You don't need a I-134. Just include a copy of your offer letter from the university (if you have one).
Good luck!

Thank you, vinipux.
My number will be current in December so I still have some time to prepare. I'll have my medicals done at the end of October and I'll let you know how it was.
I'm just surprised to see that some people on this forum like to open 100 subjects about the same topic :mad:. How they can help other people that want to see everything together?Anyways, I'm off-topic now...

I am towards the end of preparing the AOS package...

How many pictures (per each family member) do we have to include? I know that we need 2 pics for I-485 and that the EAD form requires 2 pics as well. Do I have to send four pics or two?

Also, in form I-485, what am I suppose to write in Part 2 - Application type? I put 'h' - other basis and said I am DV-2008 winner. is that correct?

What should I write in Part 3 - C (present and past membership ...)? should I state workplace, university, organizations I was part of?

Thanks for your help!

correct time to pay $375 to DOS?

hey ruxy,

i recieved letter from KCC that form now on to contact USCIS.....now then...when should i pay $375, the DV fees to USCIS? Is there any deadline for this payment? or is it that we need this reciept for any further processing with USCIS....:confused:

waiting for your help

hey ruxy,

i recieved letter from KCC that form now on to contact USCIS.....now then...when should i pay $375, the DV fees to USCIS? Is there any deadline for this payment? or is it that we need this reciept for any further processing with USCIS....:confused:

waiting for your help

Hi singh2008,
There is no due date for the DV fee. But you need to have the receipt in the package that you mail to USCIS so...pay it whenever you want before your number becomes current (I didn't pay yet, I plan to do it at the end of this month). Hope this helps.

Jelica and ruxy,

You don't need a I-134. Just include a copy of your offer letter from the university (if you have one).
Good luck!

I'm also on F1; however, I am including an I-134 form in the AOS package. I am also sending copies of my sponsor's taxes for the last 3 years. This is what I have ready so far:
I-485 app.
G-325A
EAD
I-134
medical
copies of: high school+college diploma
birth certificate
F1 visa
I-94
I-20
Enrollment letter
taxes for 2006(I had OPT)
1, 2 Notification Letter
receipt for DV fee
money order for $1,010

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot get a sponsor (I don't even know how to do that) :( so no I-134 for me.

Maybe you can get a friend to fill one out for you?! There's really no risk involved for the sponsor.It's just a formality. Instead of the I-134 you could show your bank statements, or maybe you can get an employment letter. Anyway, I don't believe it is that important to have an I-134, since we are here on F1.

Receipt for Dv fee not received from pittsburgh address

Hi all,
I paid my $375 to the US state government in Pittsburgh, for the DV fee to the address that was in my notification letter. It has been 4 weeks now and I still haven’t got my receipt. Did it take anyone this long? Am I to call them aned find out? I know they have received it because I checked the status online.
Please what should I do?

Hi all,
I paid my $375 to the US state government in Pittsburgh, for the DV fee to the address that was in my notification letter. It has been 4 weeks now and I still haven’t got my receipt. Did it take anyone this long? Am I to call them aned find out? I know they have received it because I checked the status online.
Please what should I do?

I think you should call them because I got my receipt in less than a week.

hi PTA,
thanks for the info. i am so confused now, i just realized there is no number to call them on i checked the web and there is no link to that address.

did anyone send their $375 to
US department of state,
Diversity visa program.
p.o. box 371989,
pittsburgh, pa 15262
???

as stated on page 6 of the letter to dv applicants -2008?
who can i call now? please help!!

I sent the check to this address (KCC)
I called the number that is on the first package so solve some issues related to the payment... Dont make the mistake I did - add to the cashier check your name and case number...

PTA - what does the receipt looks like?
I got a copy of the page I sent them (my contact info and case number) with a stamp saying - Paid / date.
Did you get something else in addition to that?

hi PTA,
thanks for the info. i am so confused now, i just realized there is no number to call them on i checked the web and there is no link to that address.

did anyone send their $375 to
US department of state,
Diversity visa program.
p.o. box 371989,
pittsburgh, pa 15262
???

as stated on page 6 of the letter to dv applicants -2008?
who can i call now? please help!!

hai::: why did u pay this amount::: i thought we pay this on the appointment day; can u check ur instruction paper page (5)

Each applicant must be prepared to pay on the appointment day all fees required in connection with applying for a diversity visa: prior to your appointment, please review the fee schedule at::::::::::::::: to obtain the most current fee information;as ;;;;;;;

pls i need answer b/ c I have already sent my form:: hoping to pay this money on appointment day

hai::: why did u pay this amount::: i thought we pay this on the appointment day; can u check ur instruction paper page (5)

Each applicant must be prepared to pay on the appointment day all fees required in connection with applying for a diversity visa: prior to your appointment, please review the fee schedule at::::::::::::::: to obtain the most current fee information;as ;;;;;;;

pls i need answer b/ c I have already sent my form:: hoping to pay this money on appointment day

The fee are only for those in the US doing AOS.