• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

They told me the same thing, but...I know everyone with an F1 visa is eligible for sure. Anyway check this out http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/index.html
for more information. What I plan to do on Monday is to go to my USCIS office (even if I have to drive for 2 hours) and speak with an immigration officer (you need to make an appointment for this, called Infopass, at http://infopass.uscis.gov/) I hope he can answer to all my questions :confused:

Aos Eligibility

All that means is that they expect you to have been LEGAL.
Proof of valid I-94 is necessary, copy of which will be included in your AOS package.
No need to visit your local USCIS office for that, I only called them at the Customer Service Number.

Yesterday I received my second letter too. I'm so confused now, as I heard about sending the AOS package to Chicago lockbox, but my letter said I have to go to my nearest USCIS office? Which one to do?? And I read my instruction letter again today and the payment go to Pittsburg, PA?

Anyone can lead me to a right direction will be much appreciated! I'm currently on H4.

Ruxy, you seems to be in the same boat as me :) help me pls

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I received my second letter too. I'm so confused now, as I heard about sending the AOS package to Chicago lockbox, but my letter said I have to go to my nearest USCIS office? Which one to do?? And I read my instruction letter again today and the payment go to Pittsburg, PA?

Anyone can lead me to a right direction will be much appreciated! I'm currently on H4.

Ruxy, you seems to be in the same boat as me :) help me pls

You must send the AoS package ONLY when you number is current (please read above about Visa Bulletin). Meantime, do your medical exams, check with your local ISCIS office if you can do AoS (you can make an appointment
called infopass with them or you can call, read above how to do that) and pay the 375$. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted with your case.

AOS can be quick or very long journey. I would recommend to all DV winners on student status (F1) do AOS because it's much faster, cheaper, and less hassle. However, there are cases that people were stuck, but got approved by the deadline. It depends on the officer who handles your case and other factors. If number is not high, I'd wait till becomes current and then sent the package. Make sure you gather appropriate documents and fill out forms correcty, and you will be fine.

hmz, what do you mean by 'If number is not high, I'd wait till becomes current ...'? How high is high?
Thanks,

hmz, what do you mean by 'If number is not high, I'd wait till becomes current ...'? How high is high?
Thanks,

I'd say your number is low. According to the previous Visa Bulletin, your number should be available in December or January. Either way you have plenty of time to complete your AOS process. I wouldn't worry about that.

When do you pay the diversity visa fee?

Ruxy,

I have some questions.

Is there any documents that I need to send to KCC besides DS-230 (part I and Part II) and Ds-122 for myself and DS-230 (part I and Part II) for my spouse?

Do I need to enclose documents like marriage certificates and others?

When do I exactly need to pay the Diversity Visa fee? Is it after my number is available in the Visa Bulletin or after I receive response from KCC? And also when do I need to pay other fees?
As the fees are increasing from July 30 can We pay the amount before that date?

Please reply

You see, I'm in the same boat as you, so I'm not an expert in the AoS process, but from what I read until now, here are my answers:

Is there any documents that I need to send to KCC besides DS-230 (part I and Part II) and Ds-122 for myself and DS-230 (part I and Part II) for my spouse? Do I need to enclose documents like marriage certificates and others?

No. You only send the documents that you received in the first notification letter from KCC, nothing else (I also sent the required pictures with those documents).

When do I exactly need to pay the Diversity Visa fee? Is it after my number is available in the Visa Bulletin or after I receive response from KCC? And also when do I need to pay other fees?

You need to pay the DV fee so KCC can send your file to your local USCIS. I plan to do it next month (because I already received an answer from KCC, if you didn't, you can wait until they reply to you), but anytime until your no. is current it will be fine. You need to include the receipt that you'll get from KCC in your application to USCIS (together with I 485, etc)

As the fees are increasing from July 30 can We pay the amount before that date?

I asked the same question to an immigration officer at my local USCIS office. He said NO :mad: . We pay only when we are close to the month when our no. becomes current.

What do you fill the "Name of the petitioner"?

Thanks ruxy,

What do you fill in the "Name and Address of the petitioner" field in DS-230 Part II number 29?

I am moving from my current location after some months? So , In that case can we change the address of the USCIS to the one that is near to my current location or I will have to stick to the office that I mentioned in my my forms at the beginning (DS forms)? do you have any idea on this??

Thanks in advance

What do I fill in the "Consular OFFICE"?

When I went through the field 4 of form DSP-122
It says that "If you live in United States and plan to adjust status with the bureau of citizenship and immigration services in the U.S. please list "BCIS"..
:rolleyes:

Does this mean I just type "BCIS" in this field(for AOS) or do I need to list the address of nearest local USCIS office in my area? So if we type only "BCIS" in this field how do we know that which USCIS office we need to contact or process our documents?

please reply.

I just typed BCIS. I suppose that when we send our application to Chicago, KCC will send our file there and everything will be send to our local office. But I don't know how things work out there :(

What about the petitioner name and address?

hey ruxy,

thanks a lot...

What do you fill in the "Name and Address of the petitioner" field in DS-230 Part II number 29? For my spouse and for myself, who will be the petitioner?

Thanks in advance

what about the name and address of petitioner?

hey ,
thanks a lot.

What do you fill in the "Name and Address of the petitioner" field in DS-230 Part II number 29?For my spouse and me ....what needs to be filled in that?Is it the my name as i won the DV lottery or is it someone else?

Thanks in advance

What is cut offs in Visa Bulletin?

Ruxy,

While going through the visa bulletin I came across this sentence
"C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JULY"
What does this sentence mean?

And my case number is AS000014XXX how high is this number ?
Do you feel my CN be current until sept2008?:confused:

Glistenpearls: Thanks

Ruxy,

"C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JULY"
Do you feel my CN be current until sept2008?:confused:

Glistenpearls: Thanks

What year is your number? 2008AS00014XXX?
and what country are you from?

I am guessing from your above posts that it is 2008

If your number is 2008AS00014XXX then you are WAY jumping the gun and while DV-2007 is a good indication of next year any thing can happen in 2008 trying to predict your DV-2008 outcome is pure speculation.
You will just have to wait in the line! :) if this was DV-2007 and you are not from Bangladesh (cap 8,150) then regardless of your number it would be current in August. I dont know anything about AOS, but I think you can begin AOS when your number is current. so there is the speculation for you! no guarantees

I think it means what the cut-off for that specific month will be considered. It seems that for August all the remaining numbers are available which is a new (and good) thing.
Do you feel my CN be current until sept2008?

For Asia, your CN is pretty high (I looked here http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3258.html) so..I don't know. Ask around, I'm sure there are people from Asia here that did AoS before. Sorry, I don't know how to answer to this :(