• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 is here ! (Entry / Registration)

Hello dear all, I intend to register at the DV Lottery 2025 after last year but I have concerns about some fields to fill up: Middle Name seen that I have a first name as follows: Ibrahima sary is it Sory that must be mentioned at the level of the Middle Name? And I have concerns at the mailing address and specifically at the level of E. District / County / Province / State View I live in Conakry (Guinee) What must be put there because I want to return Conakry to this level. Finally, at the level of the photo someone in the group knows the best application or photo editing site. I count a lot about your answers and your advice. Good to you.

Hello dear all, I intend to register at the DV Lottery 2025 after last year but I have concerns about some fields to fill up: Middle Name seen that I have a first name as follows: Ibrahima sary is it Sory that must be mentioned at the level of the Middle Name? And I have concerns at the mailing address and specifically at the level of E. District / County / Province / State View I live in Conakry (Guinee) What must be put there because I want to return Conakry to this level. Finally, at the level of the photo someone in the group knows the best application or photo editing site. I count a lot about your answers and your advice. Good to you.
1. If Ibrahima Sory is your first name, then list both together as First Name and leave the Middle Name section blank - you’re not required to list a middle name if you do not have one.
2. Leave those sections blank if they’re not in use as part of the address in your country.
3. Link to the official photo tool: https://tsg.phototool.state.gov/photo

I´m planning to submit this year, but I´m not sure if I should. Thing is my daughter is adopted and we haven´t finalized the process yet. It will be done by the end of the year/early 2025, but this means her surname will be different. I know I shouldn´t worry because I didn´t won but it´s something I can´t take of my mind

I´m planning to submit this year, but I´m not sure if I should. Thing is my daughter is adopted and we haven´t finalized the process yet. It will be done by the end of the year/early 2025, but this means her surname will be different. I know I shouldn´t worry because I didn´t won but it´s something I can´t take of my mind
All your family members can have different surnames. It's totally irrelevant. The fact that adoption is not finalized is not a blocker either. As long as it happens before your (potential) interview there's nothing to worry about.

Hi again Sm1smom,

I have a friend who is from Madagascar (born), but got naturalized as a French citizen. he entered the DV lottery in 2025 but in the question: Country of Eligibility for the DV Program, she selected France instead of Madagascar, will that make him ineligible?
PS: he has a son born in Paris

Last edited:
Hi again Sm1smom,

I have a friend who is from Madagascar (born), but got naturalized as a French citizen. he entered the DV lottery in 2025 but in the question: Country of Eligibility for the DV Program, she selected France instead of Madagascar, will that make him ineligible?

Unfortunately yes that's disqualifying.

Hi again Sm1smom,

PS: he has a son born in Paris

what if he has a son born in Paris, France (added as derivative)?
The son’s country of birth is irrelevant, your friend cannot cross charge to his child’s country of birth. The only way friend can benefit from cross charging in this case is if their spouse was born in France. And even at that, the spouse will be required to personally meet the educational or work experience requirements in addition to your friend also meeting those on their own.

The son’s country of birth is irrelevant, your friend cannot cross charge to his child’s country of birth. The only way friend can benefit from cross charging in this case is if their spouse was born in France. And even at that, the spouse will be required to personally meet the educational or work experience requirements in addition to your friend also meeting those on their own.
okay, Thank you

I personally applied dew days ago and included mu wife and 2 children.

My native country where I also live is X in the Asia region (eligible country of course).

In order to increase the chances my wife will also apply. She was born in country Y in Europe region (which is also an eligible country).

We live together and are citizen of the country X in the Asia region which I relied on for my own application.

If I understand correctly - my wife can either rely on her native country in the Europe region --- or --- on my native country in the Asia region.

The question is -

Is there any advantage to her specifying one of the 2 optional countries - in general ,or given they are in different regions? And taking into consideration I already specified my country X in Asia?

Thanks a lot for your feedback

What does the 12:00 PM deadline mean exactly?

At the end of the day?
At the beginning of the day?
At noon?

"The entry submission period for DV-2025 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 4, 2023 to 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 7, 2023"

What does the 12:00 PM deadline mean exactly?

At the end of the day?
At the beginning of the day?
At noon?

"The entry submission period for DV-2025 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 4, 2023 to 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 7, 2023"

12pm means noon. But I wouldn't worry about it because the chances of being able to access the site that close to the deadline are slim. Enter now if you haven't already.