• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 is here ! (Entry / Registration)

BlueCobra

The DV 2025 eligibility period is from October 04, 2023 to November 07, 2023.

There is one change in eligible countries and that is the natives of the UK and its dependent territories are now eligible to apply for DV 2025.

GL every one !!

They added UK to the eligibility list? Lol unbelievable. All this does it make it more harder for Caribbean people.

W
They added UK to the eligibility list? Lol unbelievable. All this does it make it more harder for Caribbean people.
Well it is for free so i am sure you do not lose anything if you try and you have a lot to gain if selected. I will continue playing every year. This is my second time playing. Played last year did not get selected. lets see the odds for this year.

How does making other countries eligible to participate in the program make it harder for the Caribbean people? Are they stopping or preventing the Caribbeans from submitting their own entries?

How does making other countries eligible to participate in the program make it harder for the Caribbean people? Are they stopping or preventing the Caribbeans from submitting their own entries?

I guess he meant that extra entrants in the same region will reduce their chances?

I guess he meant that extra entrants in the same region will reduce their chances?
The UK and the Caribbean are not in the same region though. UK is within the EU region. So how does that make selection harder for the Caribbean people?

If I understand the rule correctly, this will cause the EU quota to go up so all the other region's quotas will be affected right?

If I understand the rule correctly, this will cause the EU quota to go up so all the other region's quotas will be affected right?
Yes, but that effect is significantly lower (+800) than what EU usually already gets through quota redistribution due to badly performing embassies in AF region (+2500).

Hi all, I want to apply this time and looking for your advice. I was born in country X in Asia (an eligible country) when my parents were student there. I am a citizen of country Y in the same region. Currently I am a F 1 in the US. When filling form should I give country X as birth country, country Y for mailing address and country currently live in as US? Or birth country as X and for all other questions as Y? ( I have 4 more years in the USA to finish with my studies.). Thanks for your answers

Hi all, I want to apply this time and looking for your advice. I was born in country X in Asia (an eligible country) when my parents were student there. I am a citizen of country Y in the same region. Currently I am a F 1 in the US. When filling form should I give country X as birth country, country Y for mailing address and country currently live in as US? Or birth country as X and for all other questions as Y? ( I have 4 more years in the USA to finish with my studies.). Thanks for your answers
your country of citizenship doesnt matter at this stage of the process so you should only mention your country of birth as your country of eligibility. also include your current mailing address and where you live(which is USA). country Y is irrelevant atp since you dont live there.

I sent two applications for my family members for the dv lottery but I made the mistake of filling in the country in place of the district/province in the mailing address in one of them. In the other I misspelled one letter on the principal applicant’s last name. Are these disqualifying mistakes and will emailing the KCC about them help my case?
ps they were two applications for two different individuals and only one mistake per application the rest of the submitted information was correct.

I sent two applications for my family members for the dv lottery but I made the mistake of filling in the country in place of the district/province in the mailing address in one of them. In the other I misspelled one letter on the principal applicant’s last name. Are these disqualifying mistakes and will emailing the KCC about them help my case?
ps they were two applications for two different individuals and only one mistake per application the rest of the submitted information was correct.
Those errors have no impact on the selection process. And even if they did, emailing KCC will not resolve the issues. So forget about them for now until the results get released next May, you can revisit them if your relative(s) get selected.

Those errors have no impact on the selection process. And even if they did, emailing KCC will not resolve the issues. So forget about them for now until the results get released next May, you can revisit them if your relative(s) get selected.
I just saw some posts online saying that these may lead to a suspicion of fraud later on if they were to get selected and that is why I should email KCC to help clear their case later on

I just saw some posts online saying that these may lead to a suspicion of fraud later on if they were to get selected and that is why I should email KCC to help clear their case later on
Like I said, complete waste of (your) time but feel free to send the email. There are all sorts of crap being posted by folks with little to no knowledge of how the process works. Such an email demonstrates nothing.

Like I said, complete waste of (your) time but feel free to send the email. There are all sorts of crap being posted by folks with little to no knowledge of how the process works. Such an email demonstrates nothing.
okay thank you for your input but i have one last question though. will this affect their immigration application after and if they were selected