• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the work / education section in the DS-260.

1. On F1 OPT, the primary occupation should be student if I am not mistaken. But we are also employed, and it will not let us enter an active employment on the next page. Would it be the correct approach to add "other occupation" and add the current employer in the occupation section, or move university to the past experience section and make the employment the primary occupation?

2. DS-260 "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?" Would I disclose speeding tickets from my homecountry here, or irrelevant?
1. You can use your discretion on this.
2. Were you actually “arrested” for the speeding tickets? Were you “convicted” (which would mean you were charged to a court of law, appeared before a judge and was subsequently found guilty) for the speeding tickets? If the answer to either of these two scenarios is yes, then you need to disclose it on your DS260 form, in addition you’ll need to make sure you obtain the applicable court records for the case.

1. You can use your discretion on this.
2. Were you actually “arrested” for the speeding tickets? Were you “convicted” (which would mean you were charged to a court of law, appeared before a judge and was subsequently found guilty) for the speeding tickets? If the answer to either of these two scenarios is yes, then you need to disclose it on your DS260 form, in addition you’ll need to make sure you obtain the applicable court records for the case.
No to both. I just realized that these tickets are given by cameras automatically and not law enforcement officers, therefore also irrelevant for p10 q25 on the I-485, or am I mistaken?

No to both. I just realized that these tickets are given by cameras automatically and not law enforcement officers, therefore also irrelevant for p10 q25 on the I-485, or am I mistaken?
The wordings are different between the two forms. I-485 contains the word ‘cited’. Take a look at the sample prefilled I-485.

Hi mom, i have some parking tickets, street cleaning tickets, i don't have any moving violations, i wasn’t pulled over and given a ticket, do i mention the street cleaning tickets and parking tickets on my i-485?

Hi mom, i have some parking tickets, street cleaning tickets, i don't have any moving violations, i wasn’t pulled over and given a ticket, do i mention the street cleaning tickets and parking tickets on my i-485?
Take a look at the pre-prefilled sample I-485, that should help you decide.

Last question on the DS260... in the previous travels to the US section, I put my A number, and then previous travel information.

So I departed and returned a hand ful of times, but it will not let me put the current stay. Do I either leave the last arrival out as its not complete, or add it and select the amount of months til today basically? Or doesnt matter?

In the current work / education section, putting a work experience and ticking „requires at least 2 years of training“ and the work experience being less than 2 years would not get one disqualified if the relevant education is in the „past education“ section?

In the current work / education section, putting a work experience and ticking „requires at least 2 years of training“ and the work experience being less than 2 years would not get one disqualified if the relevant education is in the „past education“ section?
You honestly need to stop overthinking / overanalyzing the questions and answer them as applicable to you.

have you taken 12 years of education ? grade 1 to 12 ?

hello everyone

questions about D2-260

I am in USA doing AOS now , if my wife will have interview at home country , it means my AOS is approved and I am a green card holder

so for her DS-260 .....Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?

1, should her answer be NO because I will be already in US and Green card holder ?

2, if it should be NO , I have said yes when I submitted her DS-260 so should I unlock and change it ? is that even possible because my CN is current for October

thank you

hello everyone

questions about D2-260

I am in USA doing AOS now , if my wife will have interview at home country , it means my AOS is approved and I am a green card holder

so for her DS-260 .....Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?

1, should her answer be NO because I will be already in US and Green card holder ?

2, if it should be NO , I have said yes when I submitted her DS-260 so should I unlock and change it ? is that even possible because my CN is current for October

thank you
You were not a LPR at the time of the DS260 submission though. Anyways, either way, YES or NO, it really wouldn’t matter at the time of her CP interview.

Hello. A few questions:
1) In the sample I-485, Part 14 (page 20) - why does the sample exclude filling out 1.a., 1.b., 1.c.? It seems to me these should be completed in every case.
2) On form I-485, Part 14, I need to add additional physical addresses in continuation of Page 5, Part 3. On Part 14, 3.a., what should one enter for the "Item Number" in this case (maybe enter 10.b. or leave it blank?)
3) My passport has information both in Kazakh and English. For example, see image. Do I need to provide a further translation certification for the Kazakh text (even though it's obvious)?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-13 133257.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-13 133257.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 15
Hello. A few questions:
1) In the sample I-485, Part 14 (page 20) - why does the sample exclude filling out 1.a., 1.b., 1.c.? It seems to me these should be completed in every case.
2) On form I-485, Part 14, I need to add additional physical addresses in continuation of Page 5, Part 3. On Part 14, 3.a., what should one enter for the "Item Number" in this case (maybe enter 10.b. or leave it blank?)
3) My passport has information both in Kazakh and English. For example, see image. Do I need to provide a further translation certification for the Kazakh text (even though it's obvious)?

1. these fields should be auto populated from earlier entries in your form and it’s obvious these must be filled in every case.
2. whatever you choose, don’t leave it blank.
3. almost every passport will look like this and as far as I learned here, passports are exempt from translation.

Hello. A few questions:
1. Great call out. That was an oversight. Yes, those should be completed, however not in every case though. They can be be left blank if additional information is not provided/applicable for any question.
2. You can leave the Item number blank in this case.
3. Passport is an exemption with document translation requirements.

1. Great call out. That was an oversight. Yes, those should be completed, however not in every case though. They can be be left blank if additional information is not provided/applicable for any question.
2. You can leave the Item number blank in this case.
3. Passport is an exemption with document translation requirements.
Would it cause error to use e.g. page 5 part 3 number 5 or 10 for address? I remember when asking the same question I was answered to use my discretion.

Hello! First off, I wanna say that it is truly amazing how you've been able to cultivate such a helpful and knowledgeable community here, I have been following this forum for a while and I am amazed every day at the kindness and aid received by inquiring members!

I have a quick question, I'd really appreciate the help!

Namely, if an F1 student applies for the DV lottery and WINS, but leaves the US and goes to their home country for vacation AFTER finding out the DV lottery result, does that pose any issues when renewing an F1 visa OR re-entering the US, provided that the student hasn't filed a DS-260 nor AOS application, and doesn't have the intent of doing so upon returning to the US to continue their studies? Does the DV lottery win need to be disclosed at the F1 application and is that info available to the CO or CBP officer at the POE?

For I-485, I understand that since I do not have a middle name, I should leave this blank and not put N/A. Does this also apply to my parents -- they also have no middle names -- put N/A, leave blank, or use my discretion?

Would two filled but unsubmitted DS260 show up for the IO, or have any effect on the I-485?
If the DS260 forms are not submitted, they do not get included in the KCC file that gets forwarded by the KCC to the IO as part of the review and adjudication process.