• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, I just went through the 2024 spreadsheet and have a question regarding line 109. The person stated that the officer instructed them to fill DS260 as they got married after the results.

Does anybody know the background of why this was requested, and if one and the same situation should proactively fill it?
Remember point #3 of this post provided as part of the response to you back in May? You might want to review it again in response to your new question about “if (some)one (in) the same situation should proactively fill” the DS260 form or not.

Remember point #3 of this post provided as part of the response to you back in May? You might want to review it again in response to your new question about “if (some)one (in) the same situation should proactively fill” the DS260 form or not.
Thank you. This whole thing is stressing me so much at the moment, completely forgot asking already. I appreciate your reminder and patience with me.

We will then probably submit the DS-260 this week and send in the I-485 next week. The timeframe between both submissions is hopefully of no concern.

I was wondering on how the officer can demand this to be filled as it’s non mandatory.

Last edited:
I was wondering on how the officer can demand this to be filled as it’s non mandatory
Technically there is not much that is “mandatory”, but plenty that they can still ask to see to approve your case.
there is always going to be some suspicion about a green card marriage if you get married after selection. It’s in your own interest to show them whatever you need to to prove it is a genuine marriage.

Technically there is not much that is “mandatory”, but plenty that they can still ask to see to approve your case.
there is always going to be some suspicion about a green card marriage if you get married after selection. It’s in your own interest to show them whatever you need to to prove it is a genuine marriage.
Exactly. It's like every year when some AOSers like to point out how the I-485 does not show they need to include any financial support documentation with their AOS package, but the form clearly indicates there is an expectation for every AOSer (with the exception of a few notable categories) to be able to demonstrate they're unlikely to become a public charge. Or the ones that say "well, USCIS already know they are students who are not authorized to work, so how are they supposed to have the applicable financial documentation?

I've been reading about photo re-use while applying for DV and I'm a bit concerned since I'm pretty sure I re-used an older photo of mine, with which I've applied for DV before. My wife is the primary applicant, and I used an older photo for her as well, but that was definitely not used for DV before.
Is this something that'll be scrutinized at the interview, if and when we get there?

Hi,

I have rather a particular question to understand if I am eligible for AOS.
I was a resident in France when I filled the form for DV 2025 and I became a lottery selectee in May 2024 (2025EU00021XXX) with "Paris" as my post. However, it was already planned that I was going to come to the U.S. in August 2024 as an F-1 student to study here.
So,
I got my F-1 visa from Paris Embassy in March 2024
I learned that I became a DV 2025 selectee in May 2024
I entered the U.S. with the F-1 visa in August 2024
and now I am living and studying in the U.S., and I have not taken ANY action for either AOS or CP thus far.

I wanted to know if I am eligible to do AOS as I am currently in the United States or I must do CP in France. And would it be faster in France anyways than US? Would you say this complicated situation might provide a reason to be denied?

Hello,

I am selected for DV2025... number AF00049XXX, I currently on an F1. I would like to apply for adjustmet of status and wondering if I can apply for EAD simultaneously? So that i can work whilst processing takes place?
Also, do I need to fill DS260 if I am already in the USA??

I've been reading about photo re-use while applying for DV and I'm a bit concerned since I'm pretty sure I re-used an older photo of mine, with which I've applied for DV before. My wife is the primary applicant, and I used an older photo for her as well, but that was definitely not used for DV before.
Is this something that'll be scrutinized at the interview, if and when we get there?
It may not be an issue if you guys do not look significantly different in person compared to the submitted photos.

Hi,

I have rather a particular question to understand if I am eligible for AOS.
I was a resident in France when I filled the form for DV 2025 and I became a lottery selectee in May 2024 (2025EU00021XXX) with "Paris" as my post. However, it was already planned that I was going to come to the U.S. in August 2024 as an F-1 student to study here.
So,
I got my F-1 visa from Paris Embassy in March 2024
I learned that I became a DV 2025 selectee in May 2024
I entered the U.S. with the F-1 visa in August 2024
and now I am living and studying in the U.S., and I have not taken ANY action for either AOS or CP thus far.

I wanted to know if I am eligible to do AOS as I am currently in the United States or I must do CP in France. And would it be faster in France anyways than US? Would you say this complicated situation might provide a reason to be denied?
You can proceed with processing AOS since you're already in the US on F1.

Hello,

I am selected for DV2025... number AF00049XXX, I currently on an F1. I would like to apply for adjustmet of status and wondering if I can apply for EAD simultaneously? So that i can work whilst processing takes place?
1. You are eligible to file for EAD with your AOS application. However, be sure you review the "AOS Package" and "AOS_FAQ" tabs of the AOS Process spreadsheet to ensure the implications of using an AOS based EAD to undertake authorized employment while your AOS application is pending.
2. Go through the AOS_FAQ tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet.

Following the question about the hurricane :

hope everyone in Florida stays safe.
https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

StateField Office and Status
FloridaFort Myers: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather.
Hialeah: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather.
Jacksonville: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather. Will have a delayed opening on Oct. 11 at 10:00 a.m.
Kendall: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather.
Miami: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather.
Oakland Park: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather.
Orlando: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather. Will have a delayed opening on Oct. 11 at 10:00 a.m.
Tampa: Will be closing on Oct. 8 at 12:00 p.m. and will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather. Will have a delayed opening on Oct. 11 at 10:00 a.m.
West Palm Beach: Will be closed Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 due to hazardous weather. Will have a delayed opening on Oct. 11.

. Heck, the picture I sent was the same picture in my F1 visa (albeit only less than 6 months old)
There’s nothing in the rules that say you can’t reuse a picture but it does say that the picture should be less than 6 months old. So while I dont think the poster will have an issue, your situation is different!

Hello,

Hi! 2024 winner here. Just a heads-up: if you apply for an EAD and start using it while on F-1, but your green card isn’t approved, your F-1 status will no longer be valid since you worked in the U.S. However, if you don’t apply for the EAD and your green card is denied, you can continue your F-1 status. Also, keep in mind that if you do apply for the EAD, it typically takes 3-6 months to receive it.

Hi! 2024 winner here. Just a heads-up: if you apply for an EAD and start using it while on F-1, but your green card isn’t approved, your F-1 status will no longer be valid since you worked in the U.S. However, if you don’t apply for the EAD and your green card is denied, you can continue your F-1 status. Also, keep in mind that if you do apply for the EAD, it typically takes 3-6 months to receive it.
It’s only actually using the EAD that invalidates the prior status - if he applies for it as a backup say but never uses it he’s maintained F1.

It’s only actually using the EAD that invalidates the prior status - if he applies for it as a backup say but never uses it he’s maintained F1.
Exactly. All the more reason for the OP to review the AOS Process Spreadsheet as earlier recommended, considering EAD application is no longer free as a matter of fact unlike in the past where EAD application based on AOS application used to be free.

I didn't know USCIS Wont mind Cashier's Check in place of Money Order . I could have used single Cashier's Check instead of using two Money orders ....coming generation of Aosers please check the timeline for AOSers who have used Cashier's Check in the past to give you vote of confident if you wish to

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the work / education section in the DS-260.

1. On F1 OPT, the primary occupation should be student if I am not mistaken. But we are also employed, and it will not let us enter an active employment on the next page. Would it be the correct approach to add "other occupation" and add the current employer in the occupation section, or move university to the past experience section and make the employment the primary occupation?

2. DS-260 "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?" Would I disclose speeding tickets from my homecountry here, or irrelevant?