• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

What is like the worst scenarios of the violation of F1 like my case?
working on EAD based on TPS is also the same violation of F1 like asylum while active the F1 visa?
1. Again, go talk to an experienced immigration lawyer.
2. Using a TPS based EAD is not a violation of F1 status because (a) your TPS needs to be approved before you can obtain a TPS based EAD (if I’m not mistaken), and (b) your new status becomes TPS (which is a valid status on its own), and not F1 at that point. Asylum pending however is not a valid status, it is merely a holding pattern that prevents the person with the pending asylum from accruing an illegal presence (if they have no other valid status while their asylum application is pending). Therefore using an asylum pending EAD card is a violation of F1 status.

You do realize there’s an obligation to do so on your I-485 though as both income and value of assets,+ household liabilities must be declared on that firm, it is not optional. And if you’re already declaring your assets on the I-485, I don’t see what the issue is with the I-134.

Anyway, you can declare whatever you wish to declare, or simply stop over analyzing and provide the response to the questions being asked. Your case, your call.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand my obligation on the I-485.

1. Is there a requirement for how current the form must have been signed before submitting?

2. Does part 4 on the I-134 need to be filled in any way, like contact information, signature, all N/A or simply empty? Resources I found provided different information on this even when filled on behalf.

3. Must the original, wet signed I-134 be submitted with supporting documents only for the main, or does derivate get a photocopy?

I found a sponsor for I-134 :D

a couple of questions on the I-134 beneficiary side:

1. In the anticipated length of stay section, what date should I put under "To:"
2. I'm not sure what my (beneficiary) income should be. In 2023, I made 6,500 from my on-campus job. This year, I interned for 3 months and made 12K. Currently, I'm unemployed.

Thank you in advance

I found a sponsor for I-134 :D

a couple of questions on the I-134 beneficiary side:

1. In the anticipated length of stay section, what date should I put under "To:"
2. I'm not sure what my (beneficiary) income should be. In 2023, I made 6,500 from my on-campus job. This year, I interned for 3 months and made 12K.

Thank you in advance

1. You put the month your CN is current as from and no end date.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand my obligation on the I-485.

1. Is there a requirement for how current the form must have been signed before submitting?

2. Does part 4 on the I-134 need to be filled in any way, like contact information, signature, all N/A or simply empty? Resources I found provided different information on this even when filled on behalf.

3. Must the original, wet signed I-134 be submitted with supporting documents only for the main, or does derivate get a photocopy?
1. Close enough to when it is being submitted.
3. Either way is fine.

Hello mom.

Im on F1 OPT right now. I have 3 i20’s, i took an initial transfer out from the school i came to the united States
-The I20 from the school i came on.
- the i20 from the school i studied a quarter.
- The i20 where i completed my masters.

Do i include all the transfer Forms with SEVIS release date from the DSO’s in my AOS package to show my transfers were well within the 30 day window? Do you suggest me to include any other documents with my package? Need your suggestion.

1. Part 2 #13 total number of dependends for household of two = 1, correct?
2. Assets table - same value for current cash value and TOTAL, correct?
3. Part 3 #8 does a naturalized citizen still have an A number, and if yes, relevant here?

Hi everybody and thank you so much for the useful information. I'm struggling to decide whether it would make more sense for me to process through AOS or CP, so I'm hoping that I can get some thoughts from the experts @Britsimon and @Sm1smom here. I hope that these questions are not too bothersome, I know that in the end it's all a personal decision but hopefully your insight helps me out.

I'm leaning more towards taking the CP path because it seems like a more straightforward path, puts less pressure on my side in terms of doing paperwork, makes me less dependent on my job (what if I'm very unlucky and I loose my job before the interview for whatever reason?) and my company allows me to work remotely from Spain so having to leave the country for a few months wouldn't be a problem in my case. Now, my main concerns regarding taking this path are:

1- Is there a higher risk of not getting scheduled an interview if I choose the CP option? I understand that it is impossible to predict what's better but I'm concerned of choosing the wrong option and hinder my chances. I have a CN relatively high (EU28XXX) and a delay in the processing might mean not getting the GC. My main worry is to be in a situation where my CN becomes current in June/July and then be frustrated because things take too long. Any recommendations regarding this? Would you say that one option is generally faster than the other or is this like tossing a coin?
2- Is it too late to take the CP path already? I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet for different reasons so I'm wondering if at this point it would just make more sense to do it through AOS.
3- If I choose the CP path, is there a way to reach the Embassy (after my CN becomes current) to make sure that my case gets scheduled sooner than latter? (I would be processing through the Embassy in Madrid).
4- Do you know how long would I have to stay out of the US if I choose this path? Is this a matter of a 1 or 2 months or could this take more than 6 months?
5- I see in the spreadsheet that I could be found inadmissible back into the US if the AP doesn't get cleared before the end of FY. I'm not sure if I understand this; would this be something permanent or temporary?

Thank you so much in advance for your help and sorry for the long post. I hope that these questions can help others in the future too.

Hi everybody and thank you so much for the useful information. I'm struggling to decide whether it would make more sense for me to process through AOS or CP, so I'm hoping that I can get some thoughts from the experts @Britsimon and @Sm1smom here. I hope that these questions are not too bothersome, I know that in the end it's all a personal decision but hopefully your insight helps me out.

I'm leaning more towards taking the CP path because it seems like a more straightforward path, puts less pressure on my side in terms of doing paperwork, makes me less dependent on my job (what if I'm very unlucky and I loose my job before the interview for whatever reason?) and my company allows me to work remotely from Spain so having to leave the country for a few months wouldn't be a problem in my case. Now, my main concerns regarding taking this path are:

1- Is there a higher risk of not getting scheduled an interview if I choose the CP option? I understand that it is impossible to predict what's better but I'm concerned of choosing the wrong option and hinder my chances. I have a CN relatively high (EU28XXX) and a delay in the processing might mean not getting the GC. My main worry is to be in a situation where my CN becomes current in June/July and then be frustrated because things take too long. Any recommendations regarding this? Would you say that one option is generally faster than the other or is this like tossing a coin?
2- Is it too late to take the CP path already? I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet for different reasons so I'm wondering if at this point it would just make more sense to do it through AOS.
3- If I choose the CP path, is there a way to reach the Embassy (after my CN becomes current) to make sure that my case gets scheduled sooner than latter? (I would be processing through the Embassy in Madrid).
4- Do you know how long would I have to stay out of the US if I choose this path? Is this a matter of a 1 or 2 months or could this take more than 6 months?
5- I see in the spreadsheet that I could be found inadmissible back into the US if the AP doesn't get cleared before the end of FY. I'm not sure if I understand this; would this be something permanent or temporary?

Thank you so much in advance for your help and sorry for the long post. I hope that these questions can help others in the future too.
It’s ultimately your decision, but I would choose the AOS path. Just make sure to maintain your current status until you receive your physical green card.

Yes, the AOS process can be stressful, but in the end, it’s worth it.

Best of luck

Hello mom.

Im on F1 OPT right now. I have 3 i20’s, i took an initial transfer out from the school i came to the united States
-The I20 from the school i came on.
- the i20 from the school i studied a quarter.
- The i20 where i completed my masters.

Do i include all the transfer Forms with SEVIS release date from the DSO’s in my AOS package to show my transfers were well within the 30 day window? Do you suggest me to include any other documents with my package? Need your suggestion.
Not necessary, no need to include anything else.

1. Part 2 #13 total number of dependends for household of two = 1, correct?
2. Assets table - same value for current cash value and TOTAL, correct?
3. Part 3 #8 does a naturalized citizen still have an A number, and if yes, relevant here?
1&2. Please google how to fill the form.
3. Your sponsor, who is really supposed to fill out the form, should know the answer to this question.

1. There’s always the risk of not getting scheduled for a CP interview, just like there’s always the risk of AOS application not getting adjudicated before the end of the FY. I can’t help you make the call for which risk is worth taking.
2. It’s not too late to do so.
3. You can’t influence when your case gets scheduled for a CP interview, if that was possible everyone would be doing the same thing.
4. Could be a couple weeks or several months.
5. Depends on what the inadmissible reason is.