• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello brothers and sisters of the AOS journey,

Grace to GOD, I have found a sponsor for the I-134 and have a few questions:

1, I have the sponsor's Form 1040 for 2023, driver’s license, and U.S. passport. However, I noticed that the AOS spreadsheet lists several other documents (see screenshot below). is what I have of sponsor sufficient, or will I need all of the additional documents listed on the screenshots below ? Has anyone submitted the I-134 with only the documents I have and not encountered any issues?

2, Additionally, when submitting the I-134, on my I-485 application, is it ok if I do not have a job, provided I have a Social Security Number and work permit? (note I am on Asylum pending with TPS approved . The work permit and SSN is given due to pending asylum .I never had job in USA actually I only been in USA for the last around 9 months )

Thank you!

View attachment 4851
Hello there I am in the same situation with you. We need some clarification specifically regarding the pending asylum and TPS approved

Hi @Sm1smom
Sorry for confusion.
What I mean is we did not work either full time/part time and study too.

Many thanks for your answer both @SusieQQQ and you for my baby case. I am worrying after I saw some post in other place about child attending public school once I got to know the visa bulletin today.

Really appreciate and I got a lot of help from you all.

May
Your case number is current for October?
I hope your case gets processed quickly, especially as the sooner your son is in school properly the sooner he will integrate. Good luck.

Reactions: mzo
Go through the AOS process spreadsheet please.
I am sorry i saw the spreadsheet, i only scared about early filing, so that's why i asked about what time i have to send it, if my CN on October can i send docs on the last days of September or first days of October?

Your case number is current for October?
I hope your case gets processed quickly, especially as the sooner your son is in school properly the sooner he will integrate. Good luck.
Yes our case number is current in October.
Thanks for your wishes.

As you all advised, below 18 years old is minors and I feel safe for previous 9 days that he attend.
He is really wanting to go school since he can play with kids. He loves school.

I am thinking whether to send him school in this September or wait until our AOS complete.

May

I am sorry i saw the spreadsheet, i only scared about early filing, so that's why i asked about what time i have to send it, if my CN on October can i send docs on the last days of September or first days of October?
You should be fine as long as the AOS package is received on or after Oct 1st, so based on this you should be able to figure out when to mail out your package.

1. CN is likely become current within the first couple of months of the FY - take a look at some of the past VBs to get a better idea.
2. In general, traveling out of the US after AOS package submission without an approved AP card will lead to AOS denial as the case would be presumed abandoned. The exception to this rule is if the applicant is on a dual intent status/visa such as H1 or L1 in this case.
3. The applicable DV FY ends in September, so you should by then if you’ll need to extend your current non-immigrant status or not.
4. Having multiple applications running simultaneously in the system is allowed. The question is precisely where are you at with the work based application?

about point #3:

I've learned that my visa will expire at the end of OCT 2024. i have an appointment (outside the US) scheduled in early Oct to extend my visa. I want to start the application and have the following questions:
  • Can/should I begin the process before my current visa expires?
  • Is it acceptable to submit the DS-260 form with my current visa details, even if I will receive a new visa soon?
  • Will updating my visa details after submitting the DS-260 affect my DV application?
  • Are there specific instructions I need to follow when starting the DV application process and getting a new visa?

about point #3:

I've learned that my visa will expire at the end of OCT 2024. i have an appointment (outside the US) scheduled in early Oct to extend my visa. I want to start the application and have the following questions:
  • Is it acceptable to submit the DS-260 form with my current visa details, even if I will receive a new visa soon?
  • Will updating my visa details after submitting the DS-260 affect my DV application?
  • Are there specific instructions I need to follow when starting the DV application process and getting a new visa?
Visa expiration (as in the visa stamp) on your passport is irrelevant as long as you’re already in the US. That is simply a document that allows you to seek admission/re-admission to the US. Visa expiration in this case has no bearing on your status, just in case you’re not aware.

DS260 submission signifies a declared immigrant intent which may subsequently impact the approval of a NIV.

about point #3:

Visa expiration (as in the visa stamp) on your passport is irrelevant as long as you’re already in the US. That is simply a document that allows you to seek admission/re-admission to the US. Visa expiration in this case has no bearing on your status, just in case you’re not aware.

DS260 submission signifies a declared immigrant intent which may subsequently impact the approval of a NIV.

@Gold88 , You said in an earlier post your L1 status is valid till October 2025? That’s all you need to stay and adjust. If you leave the US after current visa expiry then you will need to have a renewed visa to re-enter though. L1 is a dual intent visa and DOS specifically notes immigrant intent is not a barrier to approving the visa.

Brothers and Sisters of the AOS Journey,

Today, I received four vaccines: Hepatitis B and Polio in my left arm, and MMR and Varicella in my right arm.

During the MMR vaccine administration on my right arm, which occurred after the vaccines in my left arm, I felt some pain but chose to ignore it. After the pharmacist administered the Varicella vaccine, I experienced a brief fainting and a seizure. I was unconscious for a split second. When I woke up, my heart was beating fast, I was sweating a lot, and I was breathing heavily. 911 was called, and the paramedics checked me. They said I was fine but recommended that I contact my doctor. Although I felt perfectly fine, I decided to go home.

I researched online and found that fainting or seizures can occasionally occur after receiving the MMR vaccine.

1. Has anyone in this Forum experienced something similar?
  2. The pharmacist called me back and took all my CS details. Will they reach out to my CS ?
  3. Could this incident affect my AOS process?
P.S. My home country does not maintain good vaccination records, but I have received all vaccines except Hepatitis B at a younger age.

Thank you .

Last edited:
Hi mom, i had a quick question.

Iam currently on my F1 OPT will be applying for an OPT extension in january 2025. CN is AS89XX.

1. Does me being unemployed on my F1 opt will be considered as being out of status? (Currently being marketed by my hiring agency, they provided me with a temporary offer letter to hold my status.
2. What bearing would my unemployment have on my AOS process.

Hi mom, i had a quick question.

Iam currently on my F1 OPT will be applying for an OPT extension in january 2025. CN is AS89XX.

1. Does me being unemployed on my F1 opt will be considered as being out of status? (Currently being marketed by my hiring agency, they provided me with a temporary offer letter to hold my status.
2. What bearing would my unemployment have on my AOS process.
1. If you cannot find a job within 90 days of the start of your OPT, you are required to make plans to depart the US immediately or change to some other status in the US. Failure to do so after 90 days is a violation of your authorized stay.
2. Violation of authorized stay makes you ineligible to file for AOS.

Brothers and Sisters of the AOS Journey,

Today, I received four vaccines: Hepatitis B and Polio in my left arm, and MMR and Varicella in my right arm.

During the MMR vaccine administration on my right arm, which occurred after the vaccines in my left arm, I felt some pain but chose to ignore it. After the pharmacist administered the Varicella vaccine, I experienced a brief fainting and a seizure. I was unconscious for a split second. When I woke up, my heart was beating fast, I was sweating a lot, and I was breathing heavily. 911 was called, and the paramedics checked me. They said I was fine but recommended that I contact my doctor. Although I felt perfectly fine, I decided to go home.

I researched online and found that fainting or seizures can occasionally occur after receiving the MMR vaccine.

1. Has anyone in this Forum experienced something similar?
  2. The pharmacist called me back and took all my CS details. Will they reach out to my CS ?
  3. Could this incident affect my AOS process?
P.S. My home country does not maintain good vaccination records, but I have received all vaccines except Hepatitis B at a younger age.

Thank you .
3. No impact to the AOS process.

I have checked but there is nothing .My CN is EU12XXX.What should I right now ?Should I wait for the email or?
Okay. There’s no big deal if you don’t get the 2NL (this is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet by the way). Don’t bother contacting KCC for your 2NL, they will either tell you they do not process AOS cases, or send you some other boilerplate response.

Hi mom. I was just assembling my AOS package, i have a sponsor who is willing to help me with the i134 and provide evidence of financial support, i wanted to know do i include my tax documents, W2 and pay slips or my sponsors W2, IRS tax return receipts are sufficient.