• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello all. I had sent the DV payment around 10 days ago and got my return envelope back today, with what I guess is the stamped receipt inside, but I wasn't sure. I basically got back the same form I'd filled out, with name, CN, payment amount ($660), etc., as instructed in the spreadsheet. It just had a "paid" stamp on it, with perhaps a signature on it. Is this as expected?

Hello all. I had sent the DV payment around 10 days ago and got my return envelope back today, with what I guess is the stamped receipt inside, but I wasn't sure. I basically got back the same form I'd filled out, with name, CN, payment amount ($660), etc., as instructed in the spreadsheet. It just had a "paid" stamp on it, with perhaps a signature on it. Is this as expected?
Yes

Hello brothers and sisters of the AOS journey,

Grace to GOD, I have found a sponsor for the I-134 and have a few questions:

1, I have the sponsor's Form 1040 for 2023, driver’s license, and U.S. passport. However, I noticed that the AOS spreadsheet lists several other documents (see screenshot below). is what I have of sponsor sufficient, or will I need all of the additional documents listed on the screenshots below ? Has anyone submitted the I-134 with only the documents I have and not encountered any issues?

2, Additionally, when submitting the I-134, on my I-485 application, is it ok if I do not have a job, provided I have a Social Security Number and work permit? (note I am on Asylum pending with TPS approved . The work permit and SSN is given due to pending asylum .I never had job in USA actually I only been in USA for the last around 9 months )

Thank you!

1722385711071.png

Hello guys, I have a question.
My wife was selected for DV 2025, we're in the USA, I'm on L1, she's on L2 visa. I work and have high income, my wife does not work. Will there be any issues during our AOS process since she's the primary applicant, but not employed or we're good since we're family and my income should be enough?

Additionally, when submitting the I-134, on my I-485 application, is it ok if I do not have a job, provided I have a Social Security Number and work permit? (note I am on Asylum pending with TPS approved . The work permit and SSN is given due to pending asylum .I never had job in USA actually I only been in USA for the last around 9 months )
How long have you actually had the work permit? Even with a I134, the IO may question the fact that you are able to work but are not doing so. Of course, if you have only recently received it and still looking for a job, that is different than having had it for say 6 months (or however long some one might think it’s reasonable to find a job) and not worked during that period.

Hello brothers and sisters of the AOS journey,

Grace to GOD, I have found a sponsor for the I-134 and have a few questions:

1, I have the sponsor's Form 1040 for 2023, driver’s license, and U.S. passport. However, I noticed that the AOS spreadsheet lists several other documents (see screenshot below). is what I have of sponsor sufficient, or will I need all of the additional documents listed on the screenshots below ? Has anyone submitted the I-134 with only the documents I have and not encountered any issues?

2, Additionally, when submitting the I-134, on my I-485 application, is it ok if I do not have a job, provided I have a Social Security Number and work permit? (note I am on Asylum pending with TPS approved . The work permit and SSN is given due to pending asylum .I never had job in USA actually I only been in USA for the last around 9 months )

Thank you!

View attachment 4851
1. Ask your sponsor for their IRS tax transcript in place of the 1040 form. Driver’s license serves the same purpose as the passport, either of those two document is just a form of ID.

2. Being authorized to work, and not working could likely cause a higher level of scrutiny for your sponsor. If the sponsor’s income is well above the applicable PGL, then the scrutiny may not be an issue.

Hello guys, I have a question.
My wife was selected for DV 2025, we're in the USA, I'm on L1, she's on L2 visa. I work and have high income, my wife does not work. Will there be any issues during our AOS process since she's the primary applicant, but not employed or we're good since we're family and my income should be enough?
There shouldn’t be an issue with your wife not working.

I am a winner on F2, my husband is a student on F1 and he owns a US company that has been operating for almost a year with one employee and it filed tax for 2023. My husband is only the owner and didn't get any profit out of the company. He started the company as he wanted to apply for E2 visa but we won the lottery, so we are not going for that option anymore.
We both do not have any source of income currently. So, I will provide I-134 from a relative with the AOS package.

My concern here, should my husband mention on the i-485 his plans to start working for his company when we get the green card? How should we handle this situation?

Thank you

I am a winner on F2, my husband is a student on F1 and he owns a US company that has been operating for almost a year with one employee and it filed tax for 2023. My husband is only the owner and didn't get any profit out of the company. He started the company as he wanted to apply for E2 visa but we won the lottery, so we are not going for that option anymore.
We both do not have any source of income currently. So, I will provide I-134 from a relative with the AOS package.

My concern here, should my husband mention on the i-485 his plans to start working for his company when we get the green card? How should we handle this situation?

Thank you
I do not recall any part of the I-485 asking anyone about their future plan. In general, you guys should plan on truthfully answering the questions asked on the form.

I do not recall any part of the I-485 asking anyone about their future plan. In general, you guys should plan on truthfully answering the questions asked on the form.
Yes, we will definitely do that.
I was referring to this page in the attachment here regarding the licenses and work experience. But it seems to be irrelevant. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4434.jpeg
    IMG_4434.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 7
Hello, our family is in TPS status and we won the lottery. Our serial number is about 19000. We are from Eastern Europe. As I understand it, we will be able to satisfy the application for adjustment of status no earlier than spring of next year. According to this year's bulletin, our turn will come around this time. At the same time, our TPS ends. So I have a few questions. First, do we need to apply for an extension of TPS? If it is not reviewed by the time our turn comes, can I apply for a adjustment of status? Second, do I need to fill out the DS260 form now? Will this prevent a positive decision on my TPS if I need to extend it?

Hello, our family is in TPS status and we won the lottery. Our serial number is about 19000. We are from Eastern Europe. As I understand it, we will be able to satisfy the application for adjustment of status no earlier than spring of next year. According to this year's bulletin, our turn will come around this time. At the same time, our TPS ends. So I have a few questions. First, do we need to apply for an extension of TPS? If it is not reviewed by the time our turn comes, can I apply for a adjustment of status? Second, do I need to fill out the DS260 form now? Will this prevent a positive decision on my TPS if I need to extend it?
I recommend you apply to extend your TPS when you become eligible to do so. This ensures you have a fall back status should in case your AOS application does not get approved, or adjudicated by the end of the FY. DS260 submission is optional for processing AOS. I recommend you spend some quality time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to help you better understand the steps involved with the process.

I am only 17 years old. I know age itself is not a criteria but rather high school completion or work experience. I can prove the high school diploma part and I have a well-qualified sponsor for the I-134. As mentioned in other posts, I’m an F-1 student.

Although age is not a factor, I’m a bit concerned that it may play a role in the totality of my case in the real world. For example, the IO may drill down on my capacity to adjust to the U.S. by myself or look into the sponsor more closely. Any thoughts on this? Something extra I might consider other than what is already in AOS resource documents? Maybe a personal statement highlighting that I have been in the U.S. by myself, first as J1 and now as F1 — or it’s obvious and ‘less is more’?
Hello everyone! I've returned to the U.S. after summer holidays. My border crossing was smooth; I was asked standard questions about my F-1 status with no inquiries about future immigration plans. I have two topics to discuss. To recap my situation:

• EU16xxx for DV-2025
• Valid F-1 visa until 2028
• Attending an accredited public U.S. university as an undergraduate
• U.S.-based high school diploma
17 years old; turning 18 on April 15, 2025; no spouse or dependents
• Born in the UK; claiming cross-chargeability to Kazakhstan as per my DV entry form (although later I realized UK was also eligible in DV-2025)
• DS-260 not yet submitted and no plans to do so
• DV administrative fee not paid yet, but planning to pay this month after I finalize my decision

My first topic relates to the timing of submitting my AOS package. While age isn't a criterion for DV eligibility, as I noted in June, I'm concerned that being a minor might complicate matters. I want to avoid USCIS requesting parental acknowledgments for proceeding with DV-AOS as a minor (e.g., affidavits from parents).

My goal is for USCIS to start reviewing my case after I turn 18 on April 15, 2025. Based on my prediction that my CN will become current in March 2025, the 2-month advance filing option would start in January 2025. I’m hoping no interview.

Under this scenario and these assumptions, my questions are:

1. With my goal in mind, when is the earliest recommended date to file my AOS package to ensure USCIS processes it after April 15, 2025? Of course, I can just mail it on April 15, but is there an earlier date that aligns with my goal of being 18 when USCIS begins reviewing my case? For example, maybe April 1 is a “safe” date to mail it. Or sooner (assuming I can send it as early as January 2025)?

2. Regardless of the filing date, I predict I will be 17 when my medical exam is conducted. Should I follow the rules applicable to age 17 or age 18 for the medical check (especially regarding vaccination protocols)?

Your advice on these matters would be greatly appreciated! I will post my second topic shortly.

Hello everyone! I've returned to the U.S. after summer holidays. My border crossing was smooth; I was asked standard questions about my F-1 status with no inquiries about future immigration plans. I have two topics to discuss. To recap my situation:

• EU16xxx for DV-2025
• Valid F-1 visa until 2028
• Attending an accredited public U.S. university as an undergraduate
• U.S.-based high school diploma
17 years old; turning 18 on April 15, 2025; no spouse or dependents
• Born in the UK; claiming cross-chargeability to Kazakhstan as per my DV entry form (although later I realized UK was also eligible in DV-2025)
• DS-260 not yet submitted and no plans to do so
• DV administrative fee not paid yet, but planning to pay this month after I finalize my decision

My first topic relates to the timing of submitting my AOS package. While age isn't a criterion for DV eligibility, as I noted in June, I'm concerned that being a minor might complicate matters. I want to avoid USCIS requesting parental acknowledgments for proceeding with DV-AOS as a minor (e.g., affidavits from parents).

My goal is for USCIS to start reviewing my case after I turn 18 on April 15, 2025. Based on my prediction that my CN will become current in March 2025, the 2-month advance filing option would start in January 2025. I’m hoping no interview.

Under this scenario and these assumptions, my questions are:

1. With my goal in mind, when is the earliest recommended date to file my AOS package to ensure USCIS processes it after April 15, 2025? Of course, I can just mail it on April 15, but is there an earlier date that aligns with my goal of being 18 when USCIS begins reviewing my case? For example, maybe April 1 is a “safe” date to mail it. Or sooner (assuming I can send it as early as January 2025)?

2. Regardless of the filing date, I predict I will be 17 when my medical exam is conducted. Should I follow the rules applicable to age 17 or age 18 for the medical check (especially regarding vaccination protocols)?

Your advice on these matters would be greatly appreciated! I will post my second topic shortly.
1. Overthinking/over analyzing IMO. Nonetheless, your decision on when to mail in your package after your CN is listed as current on the VB.
2. You can err on the side of caution and follow the protocol for an 18 year old.

Hello everyone! I won the GC and my son is with me, i.e. there are 2 of us.
1. Please tell me how to correctly fill out paragraphs 62-65 of Form I-485 for my son? Same as in my form?
2. That is, in paragraph 62 -2; pp. 63-65 my income and expenses?
3. And is it necessary to fill out paragraph 67 about skills for him if he just graduated from school and has never worked?

1. Please tell me how to correctly fill out paragraphs 62-65 of Form I-485 for my son? Same as in my form?
3. And is it necessary to fill out paragraph 67 about skills for him if he just graduated from school and has never worked?
You may need to slow down. Why are you filling out i485 already when the first case numbers for DV2025 haven’t even been published yet? Are you expecting to get current for October?
Have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet linked in the first post of this thread yet?

You may need to slow down. Why are you filling out i485 already when the first case numbers for DV2025 haven’t even been published yet? Are you expecting to get current for October?
Have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet linked in the first post of this thread yet?
I studied the AOS process table. Yes, I started filling it out early, but I’m doing it now, because now I have time to delve into it thoroughly. I don’t plan to submit the application before October.
Do not judge strictly.

1&2. Same as you since he’s your dependent.
3. Not really.