• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I studied the AOS process table. Yes, I started filling it out early, but I’m doing it now, because now I have time to delve into it thoroughly. I don’t plan to submit the application before October.
Do not judge strictly.
Susie is not being judgmental with the questions she asked. I can see myself asking the same set of questions.

hello Mom. may be everyone ask this question but also i want to know it for myself. now we r in usa, and my husband won dv lottery this year, we paid for dv fee and kcc sende us a letter about for submission to AOS. how i know we have to send some docs too. please could u check up list of docs what i want to send to uscis with i-485 form. thank you for your answer.
1.DV fee
2.Letter from KCC
3.I-485 form
4.Copy of Passport our country
5. Copy if ID USA
6. copy of Birn certificate
7. I-94 form
8.marriage certificate
9.I-693 form
10.Diploma from University
11.Casher check
Is there anything else that needs to be added, please could you tell me?

hello Mom. may be everyone ask this question but also i want to know it for myself. now we r in usa, and my husband won dv lottery this year, we paid for dv fee and kcc sende us a letter about for submission to AOS. how i know we have to send some docs too. please could u check up list of docs what i want to send to uscis with i-485 form. thank you for your answer.
1.DV fee
2.Letter from KCC
3.I-485 form
4.Copy of Passport our country
5. Copy if ID USA
6. copy of Birn certificate
7. I-94 form
8.marriage certificate
9.I-693 form
10.Diploma from University
11.Casher check
Is there anything else that needs to be added, please could you tell me?
There's a comprehensive list in "AOS Process Spreadsheet" that's linked in the first post of this thread. Read it thoroughly (both the first post and the spreadsheet).

I have been following the process for AOS but I am confused after receiving 2NL, am I supposed to book an appointment near the field office or that comes after all the dv fee payment and biometric?

I have been following the process for AOS but I am confused after receiving 2NL, am I supposed to book an appointment near the field office or that comes after all the dv fee payment and biometric?
Do take another look at the AOS process spreadsheet, especially the “AOS Process” tab - the steps, re what to do when, are well laid out there.

Hello ,I filled out the DS 260 form 2 months ago, but I did not receive any notification. Is this normal or what should I do?

Hello All,

CN (2025OC2***)

In a crazy twist of faith, I have also been selected in the second H-1B CAP lottery. I'm not entirely sure what is the best course of action is, if my intention is to stay in the US long term. Am I even able to continue with the DV process?

Hello All,

CN (2025OC2***)

In a crazy twist of faith, I have also been selected in the second H-1B CAP lottery. I'm not entirely sure what is the best course of action is, if my intention is to stay in the US long term. Am I even able to continue with the DV process?
H1B is not a long term stay visa, it maxis out. If the plan is for a long term stay, you keep your fingers crossed and hope your CN becomes current. Nonetheless, processing one does not impact the other if you wish to pursue both.

just got this from the king of DV Lessons and I want to share it in the Queen of DV Lessons Forum

Good luck for us

1723126468460.png

Please note that extending a non immigrant status to wait for an immigrant status is not considered a “valid reason” by USCIS, and indeed part of the I539 application to extend status asks you to explain the reasons that your extended stay would be temporary and the arrangements you have made to depart the US at the end of it, as well as any effect the extension would have on your foreign residency or employment. In other words, you should consider that (assuming you are truthful as you should always be on USCIS forms), there is a high probability of your application to extend B status being denied.

As mom pointed out above, you can better judge in August whether you might be able to stay to adjust. Once you have filed the AOS application your status would change to adjustment pending when your B status expires, which allows you to legally stay in the US while awaiting a decision.

also as a reminder, you cannot adjust status if you have ever violated status in the US, which would include things like working illegally while on a B visa. So if adjustment is your plan, be very careful to abide by the rules of your B status and/or adjustment pending status until you interview.
Hi Susie,

It’s me again and many thanks for mom and your advice.

We try to maintain our visa status without working and studying full time.
However, my child (8 yrs old) wanna go to school while he saw the other kids going to school. Then we did not know about immigration law and inquire at school. Thus school accepted and he attended 9 days.

Will that be any issue for our AOS? And after searching and studying all the rules, we realized and not to let him continue school until we complete our AOS.

I am seeking your kindness advice for our situation.

Many Thanks
May

Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread and BritSimon's blog for the past couple of months. I'm a DV-2025 selectee (EU26XXX, no dependents) and now that the September 2024 visa bulletin is out and DV-2025 process has officially started, I wanted to create an account and be more actively involved in the forum. Since I hold F-1 status in the US (OPT valid till February 2026) and my home country is Turkey, which is notoriously slow in consular processing, I've decided to take the AOS route. I've read the AOS process document and I still have a couple of questions:

1) I have not filed DS-260, but I probably will at some point since it's encouraged for AOSers. I'm leaving the US soon for a month and coming back in October. I don't have any other international travel plans within FY2025. Given my CN is a little high, and given the 90-day rule (which I'm aware is not really a "rule"), I'm thinking of filing DS-260 sometime early January after seeing the CEAC data and the case densities. Would you instead advise me to file the DS-260 earlier than January? If life happens and I cannot maintain my status in the US (e.g. layoff, family emergency, etc.) and have to go through CP instead, would having filed DS-260 earlier be helpful?

2) Since I'm visiting home soon, I was wondering what some of the documents easier to get from my home country are in order to prepare for AOS filing? For example, I can only get my high school diploma if I go to my high school in person. I want to make sure I get all I need when I'm in Turkey. I'm aware the answer to this question would vary from country to county, but I just want to hear people's experiences.

3) Unfortunately, Turkey is not the best at keeping records. I actually have all of the required vaccinations, but I don't really have a way to prove it. The US university I graduated from required immunization records as part of an enrollment requirement, but the records I submitted don't even have dates on them. So I'm not confident submitting those will satisfy the CS or the field officer. So, I'm thinking of getting those vaccinations again in the US. I was wondering if a single shot of every vaccination would be enough? Some vaccines are administered in multiple doses and I couldn't find any information regarding the required number of doses in the AOS process document. In addition, I don't have Hepatitis A or Chicken Pox vaccinations, but I had both of those illnesses it when I was little. Would bringing a blood test for both of them instead of getting vaccinations be good enough?

4) I want to make sure I submit an organized, clear, to-the-point, and front-loaded, but not cluttered file in the hopes of getting the interviewed waived. What are some of the "supporting" documents that would serve the purpose? I was thinking a good example is my bachelor's and master's diplomas in addition to the required high school diploma. I would love to hear examples of such documents.

Thanks everyone who responds in advance, and especially the DV gurus. We all know who they are.

Hi Susie,

However, my child (8 yrs old) wanna go to school while he saw the other kids going to school. Then we did not know about immigration law and inquire at school. Thus school accepted and he attended 9 days.

Will that be any issue for our AOS? And after searching and studying all the rules, we realized and not to let him continue school until we complete our AOS.

Many Thanks
May
My understanding is that minors (under 18) are not prejudiced by status violations but you may want to confirm with a lawyer. I’m not sure if it also applies to AoS. Maybe @Sm1smom knows?

Hi Susie,

Many Thanks
May
Wait, I’m a bit confused by this statement: “We try to maintain our visa status without working and studying full time” - Are you guys studying or working part-time?

As for your child, status violation is not a hindrance for a minor, like Susie already noted above.

Reactions: mzo
Wait, I’m a bit confused by this statement: “We try to maintain our visa status without working and studying full time” - Are you guys studying or working part-time?

As for your child, status violation is not a hindrance for a minor, like Susie already noted above.
Hi @Sm1smom
Sorry for confusion.
What I mean is we did not work either full time/part time and study too.

Many thanks for your answer both @SusieQQQ and you for my baby case. I am worrying after I saw some post in other place about child attending public school once I got to know the visa bulletin today.

Really appreciate and I got a lot of help from you all.

May

Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread and BritSimon's blog for the past couple of months. I'm a DV-2025 selectee (EU26XXX, no dependents) and now that the September 2024 visa bulletin is out and DV-2025 process has officially started, I wanted to create an account and be more actively involved in the forum. Since I hold F-1 status in the US (OPT valid till February 2026) and my home country is Turkey, which is notoriously slow in consular processing, I've decided to take the AOS route. I've read the AOS process document and I still have a couple of questions:

1) I have not filed DS-260, but I probably will at some point since it's encouraged for AOSers. I'm leaving the US soon for a month and coming back in October. I don't have any other international travel plans within FY2025. Given my CN is a little high, and given the 90-day rule (which I'm aware is not really a "rule"), I'm thinking of filing DS-260 sometime early January after seeing the CEAC data and the case densities. Would you instead advise me to file the DS-260 earlier than January? If life happens and I cannot maintain my status in the US (e.g. layoff, family emergency, etc.) and have to go through CP instead, would having filed DS-260 earlier be helpful?

2) Since I'm visiting home soon, I was wondering what some of the documents easier to get from my home country are in order to prepare for AOS filing? For example, I can only get my high school diploma if I go to my high school in person. I want to make sure I get all I need when I'm in Turkey. I'm aware the answer to this question would vary from country to county, but I just want to hear people's experiences.

3) Unfortunately, Turkey is not the best at keeping records. I actually have all of the required vaccinations, but I don't really have a way to prove it. The US university I graduated from required immunization records as part of an enrollment requirement, but the records I submitted don't even have dates on them. So I'm not confident submitting those will satisfy the CS or the field officer. So, I'm thinking of getting those vaccinations again in the US. I was wondering if a single shot of every vaccination would be enough? Some vaccines are administered in multiple doses and I couldn't find any information regarding the required number of doses in the AOS process document. In addition, I don't have Hepatitis A or Chicken Pox vaccinations, but I had both of those illnesses it when I was little. Would bringing a blood test for both of them instead of getting vaccinations be good enough?

4) I want to make sure I submit an organized, clear, to-the-point, and front-loaded, but not cluttered file in the hopes of getting the interviewed waived. What are some of the "supporting" documents that would serve the purpose? I was thinking a good example is my bachelor's and master's diplomas in addition to the required high school diploma. I would love to hear examples of such documents.

Thanks everyone who responds in advance, and especially the DV gurus. We all know who they are.
1. Your submitted DS260 form does not get processed by KCC if you’re processing AOS, so it’s not likely to give your any boost if you decide to switch to CP at some point. After the switch is when the KCC actually begin processing the form for a CP interview.
2, Recommended list of supporting documents for AOS are listed on the AOS process spreadsheet. I can’t speak to the ease or difficulty of country specific process for obtaining such documentation.
3. Take a look at the Medical Exam tab/sheet of the AOS process spreadsheet.
4. Recommended list of supporting documents for AOS are listed on the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi Mom. Today was opening visa bulletin for October, and our CN on October. Could u say what time we have to send our case to uscis?