• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi everyone,

Last week, the AOS fee payment was sent and delivered to the US DOS. Just yesterday, the 2NL was received. We did not submit any DS260, but started filling it for each of us.

1. Is it possible that starting but not submitting DS260 could have triggered the 2NL, or is it the fee payment?

I am confused as no payment receipt was attached and the 2NL mentions payment:
“If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person to the Department of State.”

2. Both i485 and ds260 ask for comprehensive information about past addresses. The address used for the DV entry, which is listed on both 1NL and 2NL, is our university’s mail office address that will not be listed under past addresses in both forms. Could that pose an issue/disqualification?

3. Is it possible or recommendable to adjust the address on both NLs to our current residential and mailing address?

4. Is it possible to change the email address that was used for the initial entry, where the 2NL was received?
1. Not the unsubmitted DS260. the payment triggered the 2NL. - Yes, the statement is just a standard wording on the template sent as the 2NL.
2. The required address is for places you've resided at, not where you receive your mail, so I don't see any issue here.
3. Nope, not possible.
4. Nope.

Reactions: Xmb
1. Not the unsubmitted DS260. the payment triggered the 2NL. - Yes, the statement is just a standard wording on the template sent as the 2NL.
2. The required address is for places you've resided at, not where you receive your mail, so I don't see any issue here.
3. Nope, not possible.
4. Nope.

1. Great! Receiving the stamped receipt might take some extra time if I understood correctly. I read a digital copy can be requested from the KCC?
2. Thank you - should we include a note to explain it? If I recall correctly, the DV entry asked for a mailing address, so should be indeed fine.

1. Great! Receiving the stamped receipt might take some extra time if I understood correctly. I read a digital copy can be requested from the KCC?
2. Thank you - should we include a note to explain it? If I recall correctly, the DV entry asked for a mailing address, so should be indeed fine.
1. Requesting an electronic copy of the receipt is not an issue, getting it may be the issue. KCC may be willing to send an electronic copy of the receipt.
2. Not necessary.

Thank you.

Regarding the form i-134 for financial support, I have some additional questions to fully understand the extend we need to provide.

My spouse as the primary applicant and me as derivative both worked on campus and at the point of filing AOS will have full time OPT positions (we are currently waiting for the EAD cards and both have offer letters in hand).

1. Only the main applicant can/must submit form I-134? I don’t see it listed under spouse documents.

2. Is it a must to submit in our situation?

3. Can I fill the form for her as my beneficiary and vice versa? Or do we fill it for “myself as the beneficiary”?

4. We both filed state and federal taxes each time we had to. The transcript referred to is the one to be requested online, correct?

Thank you.

Regarding the form i-134 for financial support, I have some additional questions to fully understand the extend we need to provide.

My spouse as the primary applicant and me as derivative both worked on campus and at the point of filing AOS will have full time OPT positions (we are currently waiting for the EAD cards and both have offer letters in hand).

1. Only the main applicant can/must submit form I-134? I don’t see it listed under spouse documents.

2. Is it a must to submit in our situation?

3. Can I fill the form for her as my beneficiary and vice versa? Or do we fill it for “myself as the beneficiary”?

4. We both filed state and federal taxes each time we had to. The transcript referred to is the one to be requested online, correct?
1. The I-134 is prepared for the main selectee, it will however cover their derivative(s) too as member(s) of their household.
2. Having an I-134 on hand as a back-up financial document is never a bad idea. You'll need to decide if the financial evidence you have (without the I-134) will be enough to demonstrate your financial self-sufficiency.
3. Not really. It is meant to be provided by a third party.
4. To be requested from the IRS, it could be requested and downloaded online or by mail.

1. The I-134 is prepared for the main selectee, it will however cover their derivative(s) too as member(s) of their household.
2. Having an I-134 on hand as a back-up financial document is never a bad idea. You'll need to decide if the financial evidence you have (without the I-134) will be enough to demonstrate your financial self-sufficiency.
4. To be requested from the IRS, it could be requested and downloaded online or by mail.

1. Based on your experience, do you think two full-time jobs at the time of filing combined with assets will be sufficient? The cash value of our assets could cover all costs of living for well over a year without additional income. I understand a clear answer might not be possible but am curious to hear your opinion.

2. If we decide to go without the I-134, we simply attach all available tax transcripts, the tax account transcript (?), pay slips, and proof of assets to our packet, correct?

3. Do you know if the USCIS will consider assets abroad?

4. Do we need any documents as proof we filled state tax, or are the account and tax transcripts from the IRS sufficient?

1. Based on your experience, do you think two full-time jobs at the time of filing combined with assets will be sufficient? The cash value of our assets could cover all costs of living for well over a year without additional income. I understand a clear answer might not be possible but am curious to hear your opinion.

2. If we decide to go without the I-134, we simply attach all available tax transcripts, the tax account transcript (?), pay slips, and proof of assets to our packet, correct?

3. Do you know if the USCIS will consider assets abroad?

4. Do we need any documents as proof we filled state tax, or are the account and tax transcripts from the IRS sufficient?
1. Sorry I have no opinion to share on this.
2. The list of recommended financial documents is on the AOS Process spreadsheet - please take a look at it.
3. Not likely.
4. IRS tax transcripts.

Hello everyone , A Follow-up questions on this , can I make two copies of I-134 completed by my sponsor mentioning me as beneficiary and all my dependents as well as his/her dependents then use one of them for my AOS and the other one for my FTJ process provided my family is at my home country and they will use CP process after my AOS is approved ? Thank you

Hello everyone , A Follow-up questions on this , can I make two copies of I-134 completed by my sponsor mentioning me as beneficiary and all my dependents as well as his/her dependents then use one of them for my AOS then the other one for my FTJ process provided my family is at my home country and they will use CP process after my AOS is approved ? Thank you
Yes you can.

hello team

When I submitted my DS-260, my child did not have a passport. now she is issued one. I am planning to email KCC to unlock her DS-260, but I am uncertain if there was any section in my DS-260 or my spouse's DS-260 that required my child's passport details. If so, I would need to request unlocking for all family DS-260 forms. could anyone Enlighten me please ?

hello team

When I submitted my DS-260, my child did not have a passport. now she is issued one. I am planning to email KCC to unlock her DS-260, but I am uncertain if there was any section in my DS-260 or my spouse's DS-260 that required my child's passport details. If so, I would need to request unlocking for all family DS-260 forms. could anyone Enlighten me please ?
Is you child US born? I would not think the need to unlock DS260 if your child is indeed USC because they would not need a us visa.

Is you child US born? I would not think the need to unlock DS260 if your child is indeed USC because they would not need a us visa.
Thank you for the advise , I am the only one here in US both my wife and child at home country and not US born .

Hello everyone, and hi Mom. I am a DV 2025 winner with a case number EU19xxx. My parents were born in Kazakhstan, and I was born in China. I immigrated back to Kazakhstan in 2018. I checked that even though Chinese applicants are not typically eligible for the DV program, there is an exception if both parents were born in eligible countries. On my Chinese birth certificate, it indicates that both my parents were Kazakh nationals when I was born, and I have it notarized. I am currently on F1 status in New York and will proceed with the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process.

My questions are:

1. Am I eligible for the DV program? Are there similar cases?
  2. Do I need to present my parents' birth certificates? I don't think they have them. If required, what documents do I need from them?

Hello everyone, and hi Mom. I am a DV 2025 winner with a case number EU19xxx. My parents were born in Kazakhstan, and I was born in China. I immigrated back to Kazakhstan in 2018. I checked that even though Chinese applicants are not typically eligible for the DV program, there is an exception if both parents were born in eligible countries. On my Chinese birth certificate, it indicates that both my parents were Kazakh nationals when I was born, and I have it notarized. I am currently on F1 status in New York and will proceed with the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process.

My questions are:

1. Am I eligible for the DV program? Are there similar cases?
  2. Do I need to present my parents' birth certificates? I don't think they have them. If required, what documents do I need from them?
1. You may be eligible to cross charge to your parents’ country of birth if neither of your parents was a Chinese citizen or residents of China.
2. You may be required to show proof of parents’ birth in the claimed COB, and documents demonstrating they were not residents of China at the time of your birth or after your birth. The Reciprocity Page shows B/C are available in Kazakhstan, so your parents should apply for it they do not currently have their B/C. They should also provide you with documentation demonstrating their stay in China was a temporary one at the time of your birth.