• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

hello team ......does Form I-693 included ipv/opv vaccine now or was it there from the beginning ? I don think it is mentioned at the AOS process sheet for age 18 to 64 .
IPV/OPV are polio vaccines which are not age appropriate for ages 18-64.

I believe there is a new new rule , can someone please check ? thank you
This is the latest. If my understanding is correct, IPV is required for all ages above 1 month now

there is also a new addendum for applicants from outside the country from certain countries for polio vaccinations. It seems to be in resurgence in parts of the world.

I believe there is a new rule , can someone please check ? thank you
You’re right. There’s a recent update to polio vaccine requirement for certain adults. Here’s what CDC says verbatim:

• Adults known or suspected to be unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated: administer remaining doses (1, 2, or 3 IPV doses) to complete a 3-dose primary series.* Unless there are specific reasons to believe they were not vaccinated, most adults who were born and raised in the United States can assume they were vaccinated against polio as children.
*Note: Complete primary series consists of at least 3 doses of IPV or trivalent oral poliovirus vaccine (tOPV) in any combination.

My takeaway from this: The CS has the discretion at determining if the polio vaccine should be administered to an adult or not.

The Medical Report section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet will be updated accordingly. Thanks for the update.

Hello Everyone and MOM

We are from Myanmar (Asia) and won 2025 DV with case number 11xx. We are family of 3 and we actually came to US with visit visa B2 on 21st May 2024.
We don’t wanna go back for Dv interview due to certain situations in our country.
Thus we would like to adjust our status in here without going back.

Our valid stay will be till 20th Nov 2024 and do you think we can make it for the AOS or not. And I also known that we can extend our visit visa for next 6 months if there is valid reason. One of our country man got to extend 6 month before 1 month of his visa expiry and he made it though processing time take 3 months.

- Should we go with immigration lawyer for AOS or file myself?
- Is our case number is fine to proceed AOS in US?
- Should we perform extension of B2 visa in Oct 2024 with i539?

Please kindly advise and suggest.
Many thanks in advance for your kindness.

May

Hello Everyone and MOM

We are from Myanmar (Asia) and won 2025 DV with case number 11xx. We are family of 3 and we actually came to US with visit visa B2 on 21st May 2024.
We don’t wanna go back for Dv interview due to certain situations in our country.
Thus we would like to adjust our status in here without going back.

Our valid stay will be till 20th Nov 2024 and do you think we can make it for the AOS or not. And I also known that we can extend our visit visa for next 6 months if there is valid reason. One of our country man got to extend 6 month before 1 month of his visa expiry and he made it though processing time take 3 months.

- Should we go with immigration lawyer for AOS or file myself?
- Is our case number is fine to proceed AOS in US?
- Should we perform extension of B2 visa in Oct 2024 with i539?

Please kindly advise and suggest.
Many thanks in advance for your kindness.

May
With a CN under 2000, it could possibly become current in October or November, if that were to happen you would be eligible to file for AOS without having to file for an EOS of your current B2 authorized stay. So keep an eye out for the September VB which comes out in August, it will have the CN cutoff number for October, you’ll know by then if your CN will be current for October or not.

This forum is a DIY platform. You can decide for yourself if you should hire an immigration lawyer or not. 90 to 95% of the folks on this platform have successfully completed the process without the service of an immigration lawyer. Majority of those who decided to engage the services of an immigration lawyer did so prior to finding this forum, and they still ended up relying mostly on this forum anyways.

Reactions: mzo

-
Please note that extending a non immigrant status to wait for an immigrant status is not considered a “valid reason” by USCIS, and indeed part of the I539 application to extend status asks you to explain the reasons that your extended stay would be temporary and the arrangements you have made to depart the US at the end of it, as well as any effect the extension would have on your foreign residency or employment. In other words, you should consider that (assuming you are truthful as you should always be on USCIS forms), there is a high probability of your application to extend B status being denied.

As mom pointed out above, you can better judge in August whether you might be able to stay to adjust. Once you have filed the AOS application your status would change to adjustment pending when your B status expires, which allows you to legally stay in the US while awaiting a decision.

also as a reminder, you cannot adjust status if you have ever violated status in the US, which would include things like working illegally while on a B visa. So if adjustment is your plan, be very careful to abide by the rules of your B status and/or adjustment pending status until you interview.

Reactions: mzo
Hi Mom and DV family,

I have been selected for DV-2025. CN: AS15XXX. After reading through all the amazing material in this forum, I have decided to go the AOS route, which should have a higher success rate given this case number (usually near the final cutoff). However, I have some questions:

Background: I am on an H-1B visa, and my husband is on an F-1 STEM OPT (expiring in January 2025). Both of us are currently in the US. We got married in March 2024, which was "after I submitted the DV-2025 online entry and before the result was out." Therefore, he is not on my case yet. My husband plans to return to our home country after his F-1 status expires, apply for an H-4 visa at the consulate, and re-enter the US with an H-4 visa stamp in March or April.

Question 1: In this scenario, will you recommend me submit the DS-260? And when should I submit the DS-260 form? Now, after his F-1 expiration, after his return to the US, or at any time? I really don't want the "intent to immigrate" issue to complicate things, so I want to double-check with those of you who have experience and expertise.

Question 2: If I decide not to submit the DS-260 because it is optional, will I still have a chance to include my spouse in my case so that we can both get green cards through the DV-2025 program?

Thanks.

Hi Mom and DV family,

I have been selected for DV-2025. CN: AS15XXX. After reading through all the amazing material in this forum, I have decided to go the AOS route, which should have a higher success rate given this case number (usually near the final cutoff). However, I have some questions:

Background: I am on an H-1B visa, and my husband is on an F-1 STEM OPT (expiring in January 2025). Both of us are currently in the US. We got married in March 2024, which was "after I submitted the DV-2025 online entry and before the result was out." Therefore, he is not on my case yet. My husband plans to return to our home country after his F-1 status expires, apply for an H-4 visa at the consulate, and re-enter the US with an H-4 visa stamp in March or April.

Question 1: In this scenario, will you recommend me submit the DS-260? And when should I submit the DS-260 form? Now, after his F-1 expiration, after his return to the US, or at any time? I really don't want the "intent to immigrate" issue to complicate things, so I want to double-check with those of you who have experience and expertise.

Question 2: If I decide not to submit the DS-260 because it is optional, will I still have a chance to include my spouse in my case so that we can both get green cards through the DV-2025 program?

Thanks.
H-4 visa is a dual intent visa, so having a demonstrated immigrant intent shouldn't hurt. However, waiting until after his return to the US before submitting the DS260 form wouldn't hurt your case either.

Hi @Sm1smom ,
I'm a little confused about the DV fee payment process.
Should we pay it to the ASC for our Zip code or to the address mentioned below on their site?

-Also where should we add the information requested below such as CN, Surname, Given Name etc. Is it to be mentioned on the SASE or the Money order?

Thank you. Ik these questions may be silly, but I have no prior experience in sending a money order.
:)
1718987609268.png

Hi @Sm1smom ,
I'm a little confused about the DV fee payment process.
Should we pay it to the ASC for our Zip code or to the address mentioned below on their site?

-Also where should we add the information requested below such as CN, Surname, Given Name etc. Is it to be mentioned on the SASE or the Money order?

Thank you. Ik these questions may be silly, but I have no prior experience in sending a money order.
:)
View attachment 4746
If you're asking about the $330 DV Administrative Fee payment, which is what the above screenshot is about (which is different from the actual AOS fee itself), you send the payment to St. Louis Missouri, as stated in the screenshot.

Regarding the question about where or how to add the name, CN, etc. I recommend you take a look at Step 5 of the "AOS Process" tab/sheet of the AOS Process Spreadsheet where instructions on what to do has been provided.

Hello mom, i was sending my DV fee. Its my first time sending a mail of any kind i had a small doubt.

On my SASE which Iam enclosing in the Fee envelope (330$ money order), the TO address on the SASE Should be my address and From Address should be from USDOS missiouri? Im sorry for a foolish question.

Hello mom, i was sending my DV fee. Its my first time sending a mail of any kind i had a small doubt.

On my SASE which Iam enclosing in the Fee envelope (330$ money order), the TO address on the SASE Should be my address and From Address should be from USDOS missiouri? Im sorry for a foolish question.
this was my payment package go to post number #155 for detail

just put your name and address in the middle and tell the post office person it is SASE then they will put self address stamp on it

1719275446085.png

Do you think this will suffice? For DV FEE PAYMENT.

Attachments

• ABA7542B-9FFE-4105-BE49-3F625233678C.jpeg
    ABA7542B-9FFE-4105-BE49-3F625233678C.jpeg
    913.9 KB · Views: 21

Yes, that is correct.

Hi everyone,

Last week, the AOS fee payment was sent and delivered to the US DOS. Just yesterday, the 2NL was received. We did not submit any DS260, but started filling it for each of us.

1. Is it possible that starting but not submitting DS260 could have triggered the 2NL, or is it the fee payment?

I am confused as no payment receipt was attached and the 2NL mentions payment:
“If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person to the Department of State.”

2. Both i485 and ds260 ask for comprehensive information about past addresses. The address used for the DV entry, which is listed on both 1NL and 2NL, is our university’s mail office address that will not be listed under past addresses in both forms. Could that pose an issue/disqualification?

3. Is it possible or recommendable to adjust the address on both NLs to our current residential and mailing address?

4. Is it possible to change the email address that was used for the initial entry, where the 2NL was received?